-
Brianna Storm Hilvety replied to the topic Finishing a book in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@nuetrobolt Hope nailed it, but I will add that the more revisions you perform, the better your chances of success (either at getting traditionally published or gaining an audience of readers who respect, value, and enjoy your books). Writing multiple drafts, recruiting beta readers, and then hiring a professional editor to help you with your…[Read more]
-
Dakota replied to the topic Lyrical Poems are Welcome here! in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@parker @evelyn @andrew  @libby @jenwriter17 @nuetrobolt @ericawordsmith @jane-maree @serenity @the-fledgling-artist   @katthewriter @e-b-raulands ( please tag some others who think might like this)
This one has not been proofread yet. I wrote it other day when I was getting frustrated about something. In the middle of my little snit, th…[Read more]
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic Any guys out there? in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@wordsmith: @seekjustice: ok ya, I like that def more! so are we, at present, defining sin as “imperfectly reflecting Gods glory (including but not limited too His perfection and righteousness)”
@parker: sorry about the writer cancellation… o well : /
@noahlitle: “Sorry, I’ll get back to the theological debate after a while.” no worrys! take…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Finishing a book in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@nuetrobolt Having beta readers helps. 😉
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys (@Coralie) tomorrow is the last day of the word war!
We’re gonna be short on words if we don’t all kick it up a notch. We want to notch our third victory, so here’s a call to arms!
I actually got a few words written today (648, to be exact) and also I’ve written pages and pages and pages of character outlines, but those don’t count.…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Finishing a book in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@nuetrobolt Good questions!
“Do you have to write a second draft? How many drafts do you have to write? How do you write second/third drafts? Do you just go through the whole book rereading the whole thing, and correcting and rewriting parts? Or do you start a whole new document and start afresh?”
Yes, so most authors have more than one draft. How…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Finishing a book in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
Ah! Great questions. I can’t answer any of them to their full extent, and there are some I won’t bother trying to touch, but I may be able to shed at least a little light on your first question… by tagging these people: @hope-ann @josiah @briannastorm @daeus-lamb
But… I will say that there is worth (quite a bit) to re…[Read more]
-
Noah Litle replied to the topic Any guys out there? in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
Hi, @i-david. Have you read I Am David, by Anne Holm? Or Just David, by Eleanor H. Porter? I haven’t read them recently enough to remember what they’re about, your tag just reminds me of them.
Speaking of which, we should all share our favorite guy books.
Some of my favorites are Redwall, by Brian Jacques, the Time Echoes series, by Bryan Davi…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Posting my word count for the day followed by my all time for the war: This day I finished at 1672! That leaves me at 6360 all war!
Let’s do this! *yawns* *goes to…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Rillumen! A quick note… I think we have a strong start… but let me remind you that all the guilds can easily look at our prior wins (on the guild page) and set a goal to beat. We have shown to the world what last time’s win was, so they now have that to use.
But remember… we get better too. We can show them what happens when a Lumenite…[Read more]
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic Any guys out there? in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@nuetrobolt: actually, I’m not homeschooled belive it or not though I have gone to privet Christian schools most of my life (and no, I’m not rich its my parents think Christian schooling is important and they’re uh… underqualified to be homeschoolers XD) I did do homeschooling fo one year of my life (grade ten actually) but it was meh… I…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey there ya’ll! So I have a thought…
Myself and one other have set a goal to get 10,000 words for this war… and after thinking about it, I’d like to invite you all to join us in that. I’m not saying you have to, I don’t know what your life is like… but the invitation is out there.
I personally have found that setting a goal, even if a…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic Rillumen Home Page (FINISHED) in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
HEY GUYS. Look what Josiah did!
So cool!
@emma-starr
@missfaeriekaiti
@happyholly_c
@corkybookworm
@scribbles
@quinn-ofallon
@kayla-joy
@nuetrobolt
@pookiemonster
@inkling-for-christ
@sir-leeds
@morgan-tailor
@rolena-hatfield
@grace-tolkienista
@graceabounds2129
@wordsmith
@brie-donning
@cassidy
@dwight-schrute -
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Champion Defender Wordsmith putting in his word count: Acquired today, beginning the race for the week… 1510 words!
Oh! And btw… I heard some peeps from New Wessex talking smack about winning this one… we gonna let that happen? Let’s get on our feet and show ’em the golden river of Rillumen! It flows strong… it flows…[Read more]
-
Noah Litle replied to the topic Any guys out there? in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@rochellaine I agree with @wordsmith and @eden-anderson. You have been pretty clear, and I agree with most of what you have said. It’s just little nit-picky stuff I disagree with. Stuff that doesn’t matter much anyway. 🙂
@nuetrobolt I’m part of New Wessex. Which is the bestest guild. XD
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
HEY GUYS
So, you know how we don’t ever miscommunicate things.
Yep, cool cool.
(We’re starting a word war today.)
I thought it was going to be next week, but they’re doing it this week so…
TOO ARMS RILLUMEN.
I know a lot of people are doing NaNo prep this week and I’d say don’t sacrifice that. Set yourself up well for the long run, but…[Read more]
-
Rachel Rogers replied to the topic Rillumen Home Page (DUE TOMORROW) in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
I’m not sure when exactly we get to see them, but I think they’re supposed to be unveiled at the same time as the guild pages.
-
Rachel Rogers replied to the topic Rillumen Home Page (DUE TOMORROW) in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
So, I’m not sure where the misunderstanding originated, but I know for a fact that there are already badges/banners for the guilds.
Brianna Hilvety, my lovely friend and our lovely graphics director at SE, designed them a month ago and mentioned it to me then. I have seen them. They really do exist. (And she confirmed that I could reveal this…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Rillumen Home Page (DUE TOMORROW) in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Rillumen! I have started a doc on which I’m writing about Rillumen. This is how I envision the home paging coming out, and I’d like to put on a certain feeling of mystique… or maybe deep power. So please comment on the doc, I’d love to hear what you have to say as I work on…[Read more]
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic Any guys out there? in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@noahlitle: “I hope I’m not destroying your faith in asking these questions. I’m just curious what you have to say. I’ll give you my opinion on this if you want.” XD dont worry, I’m good! I actually enjoy debates (most to the time) and think it strengthens my faith rather then weakening it! but ya, I would love to hear your opinion!
to be honest…[Read more]
- Load More












