-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic WORD WAR WEEK!!!! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Actually there is an exception for poetry, @pookiemosnter, so let your poetic self carry us to victory! (Also, nice work doing the writing thing!)
Productive night much? Give yourself a round of applause!
I’m at work rn, so y’all won’t hear from me until tonight, but with no homework imminently due, I could get some real writing d…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic The Crystalized Blood of a Monster. in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 8 years ago
@nuetrobolt, nice! 🙂
-
Dakota replied to the topic Lyrical Poems are Welcome here! in the forum Poetry Discussions 8 years ago
@libby  @ericawordsmith  @andrew  @jenwriter17   Thank you! Feel free to share this with anyone you know who could be encouraged by it ( that includes tagging people on here ).
@jane-maree Thank you! I’ll take a look at that line . . .
@nuetrobolt I’ll keep tagging you! Thanks!
@evelyn Thank you! 🙂
-
Evelyn replied to the topic The Crystalized Blood of a Monster. in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 8 years ago
@nuetrobolt Thank you! I like to see my hushroom as a very fun guy! 😉
Sorry lame joke… 😛
-
Brandon Miller started the topic WORD WAR WEEK!!!! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
HEY GUYS!
IT’S WORD WAR WEEK! We’ve got to go out there and squeeeeeeeeeeze out every last word to defend our title. SO whenever you guys get a free moment between now and Sunday night, jot down a few words and keep track of your score. I’ll gather them all up at the end of the month and hopefully we’ll have a number that’s higher than I can…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Any guys out there? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
There are more… @brandon-miller @andrew @quinn-ofallon @nuetrobolt and a few others. XD but yes, we are the minority. “We few… we happy few… we band of brothers!” (double points for those of you get that quote 😉 )
Thanks! I fall between intermediate and advanced. I took the test when I joined SE and got intermediate. I…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Enter… Character Development! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
HEY GUYS!
IT’S CHARACTER TIME! Wow, I’ve excited about rolling this out since we started the guilds back in the spring and IT’S FINALLY HERE! I’m… so very excited!We’ve got three new boards here in Rillumen and I can’t wait to get them moving, but first here’s what you need to know.
1) Rillumen is PILOTING this new thing for the rest of t…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Guild War Results and Character Dev Announcement in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Hey Guys!
So, results are in for the guild war. We didn’t win. :'( (But on the other hand, Avensbeck didn’t win either so…) ANYWAY, congratulations to Meraki guild and their hard work. ALSO, we’re reworking how we’re doing our judging, so we now have JUDGE’S FEEDBACK. You can see their comments for us and the other guilds in the doc here…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic The Crystalized Blood of a Monster. in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 8 years ago
@andrew Thanks!
Yeah, @nuetrobolt yours are really cool!!
-
Libby replied to the topic Lyrical Poems are Welcome here! in the forum Poetry Discussions 8 years ago
@dakota This rings so sweet and so true – thanks for posting it! <3
@nuetrobolt Thanks so much! You are very encouraging!
Also, even if you don’t consider yourself a “good” poet, I definitely would love to see something from you sometime, if you wouldn’t mind. 😉 -
Andrew replied to the topic The Crystalized Blood of a Monster. in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 8 years ago
@nuetrobolt, I like it! 🙂
Animals are so fun to come up with.
Imagine this crimson-scaled peacock (its scales are almost like feathers) with these glisteningly violet, crystal-like eyes that breaths this yellow, hypnotizing vapor. I just sort of thought that up as I wrote it. I don’t know what to call it yet… but I have to go to bed soon… so by!
-
H. Jones replied to the topic This isn't really about writing, but… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@nuetrobolt That is some amazing advice. 🙂 Thank you so much!! I love the thought of writing it to God.
-
Dakota replied to the topic Lyrical Poems are Welcome here! in the forum Poetry Discussions 8 years ago
@jane-maree @parker @andrew @ericawordsmith @serenity @libby @evelyn @the-fledgling-artist @jenwriter17 @carolyn-matthews @nuetrobolt, @wordsmith, @katthewriter  ( My computer is weird with tagging certain people’s tags. Sorry if it didn’t do yours right.)
I’ve decided that I will post a different song/lyrical poem of mine every other Tuesday…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic The Crystalized Blood of a Monster. in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 8 years ago
@nuetrobolt, thanks!
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@gracelivingston
@emma-starr
@missfaeriekaiti
@happyholly_c
@corkybookworm
@scribbles
@quinn-ofallon
@kayla-joy
@nuetrobolt
@pookiemonster
@inkling-for-christ
@sir-leeds
@aster
@morgan-tailor
@rolena-hatfield
@grace-tolkienista
@graceabounds2129
@wordsmith
@brie-donningAgain I stayed up way past my bed time to write… But I…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
I finished the first draft of the backup story I’ve been working on. The second half especially needs help, so please please, comment! I want to put the whole thing into a unique and creative voice. I want to make the story itself more subtle. And I want it to be beautiful. Will you have it and help me?
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Rillumen! On the doc I revealed the secret work. We need help with it… I gave plenty of detail under the link. So take it away. Make the script lovely…
Here’s a link to the doc:Â Rillumen Writing Prompt W…[Read more]
-
Andrew started the topic Made-up or Mixed Genres?????? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years ago
There are many genres. Fantasy, sci-fi, historical, etc. I used to write more in sci-fi, but now I do more fantasy. But I like to experiment. So, what would be your thoughts on a ‘made-up genre’?
Sure, I mix genres all the time, but what would you think about… a totally new one (if you can actually make a totally new genre up?)
But even if I…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@Wordsmith is right! Time to circle the wagons and get moving. Y’all have had some really good discussions and you’re working up a few great story ideas. Time to pick one and start writing. I’m not going to post a weekly activity so that we can get this knocked out.
Here’s the document we’re putting tog…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Rillumen! I’d like to remind you that we have one week left to finish the prompt.. Let’s get this well underway! I’m working on a second person writing style… and I think that’s what we should go for. Please tell me your thoughts.
Also, something tells me Avensbeck is not lagging. We really need to pick up the pace!
RILLUMEN! ILLUMINATE THE…[Read more]
- Load More












