-
Andrew started the topic Map Makers in the forum Art Critique 8 years, 1 month ago
Who all here enjoys making maps? *raises my own hand* I do!
I probably have over ten other maps. They’re usually for story stuff or fantasy ideas.
Its fun to just lay down a blank piece of paper… and then start drawing.
A Turtle Inn there, a Crystal Lake over there, an Ancient Mountains right there… Its fun just sitting down and filling t…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
Lumenian Warriors! I am on the doc, putting some stuff up… Please join me there if you can.
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Turning Over a New Leaf in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
HEY GUYS. I’M BACK.
You may have noticed, Rillumen has been really quiet of late. And in that silence, I have been silenter. Long story short, college didn’t do the usual ramp up into the semester thing and I got tidal-waved with homework week one. Labor day helped me catch up though, and I’m back in the game now.
Yay!
First up, some anno…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Eh! Don't we have a prompt? Rillumen has catching up to do! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
Lumenian Solders! We have the prompt:
‘Your prompt is: “Write any story you choose with the most original and creative prose you can.”’
Hahaha! This is interesting. Let’s brainstorm…
Here’s a doc for us to lay our thoughts down on: Rillumen Writing Prompt Worktable
Just hop down there and start laying down prose. Test your ideas, stret…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Lyrical Poems are Welcome here! in the forum Poetry Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@dakota, nice poem! 🙂
Tagging some people: the-fledgling artist, jenwriter17, @nuetrobolt, evelyn, @wordsmith, @carolyn-matthew.
-
Andrew started the topic The Crystalized Blood of a Monster. in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 8 years, 1 month ago
So… today I am talking about creatures and monsters of all kinds. Sometimes I just post topics for fun – and this is one of those times. *grins* I am very interested in any facts about your make-belief animals. So if you don’t mind speaking about them and making them known, you can talk about them right here if you wish.
But anyway, I just c…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith started the topic Prose Prompt! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
@brandon-miller, will you give us the writing prompt? Rillumen really needs to step up their game… Just give it to us and I can help organize everything…
@graceabounds2129, are you gonna be here with us? I’d like to work with you…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Nightjay's Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 1 month ago
@josiah, thanks. I’ll do that. Probably put some foreshadowing about the ‘test’ too.
@nuetrobolt, thanks. 🙂
-
Andrew replied to the topic Prologue in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@nuetrobolt, well, that’s only if you don’t want any spoilers. (But that’s up to you.)
-
Andrew replied to the topic Prologue in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@nuetrobolt, thank you. 🙂
The name of this story is Nightjay.
I have another thread where I posted the plot of this story to get advice, but if you don’t want any spoilers, don’t read that thread. “)
-
Andrew started the topic Prologue in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Hey, I was just making a prologue for this story.
I’m more aiming towards funny and short. What do you think about it?
Here it goes:
Aspeldon was one of the many worlds linked together through the Connection. The Connection as you know… well, connects the worlds, realms, and stuff-you-don’t-care-about all together to form this strange c…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic World Making in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 8 years, 1 month ago
@nuetrobolt, cool. 🙂
-
Brandon Miller started the topic 2018 Week 13 – Arachnoid Terror!! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
Hey everybody,
I haven’t finished up my plan for these activities moving forward, but thanks to all of your REALLY AWESOME feedback on my topic last week it seems that the picture prompt activity was by far the most popular, so I thought I’d spin another of those together.You need to write a short scene. Source of conflict? The glass w…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic World Making in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 8 years, 1 month ago
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
@nuetrobolt, no worries, we got plenty of feedback. Glad to have you back around!
-
E.B. Raulands replied to the topic The Ode of Desdemona in the forum Poetry Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-fledgling-artist
*laughs* It is rather lengthy, isn’t it? (In hindsight, I probably should’ve broken it up into smaller poems and posted them as a series.) In any case, I’m very glad you read and enjoyed it! 🙂@nuetrobolt
Thank-you very much! 🙂 -
EricaWordsmith replied to the topic Mae Govannen! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 1 month ago
Better late than never @nuetrobolt! I humbly recognize the Wingfeather Saga fan! I’m rereading North! or be Eaten. I will forever love that title!!!
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic *peeks in* Hello? in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 1 month ago
@arrethtraen
Hello… My name is *stops and realizes that is not actually his name… restarts*Welcome to Story Embers! ’round here they call me Wordsmith, and I personally hold to that title. We (as a whole) are very happy (aka joyous) to have another artistic spirit around.
One tip when getting started, is to subscribe to any conversation,…[Read more]
-
Quinn O'Fallon replied to the topic Andrew Peterson in the forum Story Analysis 8 years, 1 month ago
@nuetrobolt Wiingfeather Tales is great! Totally worth buying. I haven’t read Creaturepedia, but I might see if I can get my hands on a copy of it. I don’t think Andrew Peterson has any more books yet, though.
Have you watched the short film?
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Regrouping in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys!
So I’ve been having an issue lately… coming up with a new one of these every week is hard. That’s my excuse for not posting one this week.
Sorry. I know it’s lame.
However. I’m going to take this week to put together something of a long-term plan that will (hopefully) help me communicate and use these activities to really be h…[Read more]
- Load More












