fb

*peeks in* Hello?

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *peeks in* Hello?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Arrethtraen
    @arrethtraen

Salutations. I’m a writer (sort of), artist (kinda), tale-spinner (yes, I made that up), and adventurer. It’s nice to meet you all, I’m sure. I look forward to future adventures and to making your acquaintances. I’ve got next to no idea how to navigate here, so tips are more than welcome. I’ll see you all around!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Arrethtraen.

*cue smoke machine and dramatic exit*

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@arrethtraen
    Hello… My name is *stops and realizes that is not actually his name… restarts*

Welcome to Story Embers! ’round here they call me Wordsmith, and I personally hold to that title. We (as a whole) are very happy (aka joyous) to have another artistic spirit around.

One tip when getting started, is to subscribe to any conversation, thread, or topic in particular that you want to follow. This will allow you to watch what’s going on, without having to constantly check the forum. On the grey bar at the top of a conversation (or thread, or topic) on the right hand side, you should see the words Favorite/Subscribe. As you can imagine, clicking subscribe will then subscribe you to that particular conversation (or thread, or topic).

Also… feel free to tag anyone you know how to tag. @daeus-lamb is a forum keeper, and thus has an answer to most all of your questions pertaining to the forum (even if it’s ‘I don’t know’).

I (@wordsmith) can answer any questions, even if it means pointing you to a Story Embers Staff.

In case you did no know, the way to tag someone is by writing their username wherever in your post. For example, I tagged myself and @daeus-lamb.

So! You say you are a writer (sort of), and an artist (kinda). Have you written any stories, poems non-fiction works? And what do you enjoy artisting?

I personally only dabble in the arts of drawing, and prefer writing. I have a blog of short stories (thebookshelfstaircase.wordpress.com) where I write a new story every month. You are welcome to read it 🙂

And perhaps you’d like to meet some of my friends: @evelyn @andrew @graceabounds2129 @scribbles @corkybookworm @emma-starr @nuetrobolt @rolena-hatfield @happyholly_c

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Arrethtraen
    @arrethtraen

I’ve written a few stories and poems, but none that were quite good enough for publishing. A also wrote a song once, but that was a long time ago, and I haven’t gotten around to actually finishing it. As far as art goes, I prefer drawing, but I do a little calligraphy and ceramic, as well.

I’ll definitely look into your stories when I get a chance! Thank you for your help!

Anonymous

Looks in
    ARRRRRRRRRRR! YOUR HERE! 😆
    Glances around
    Opps. Sorry for the sudden outburst. 😇
    Straightens rumpled jacket and pulls cloak hood over head
    Slowly extends hand
    Greetings @arrethtraen, Welcome fellow Skyraider and Aetherlighter to-looks suspiciously around-Story Embers.

Throws of cloak. Flares wings and takes off into the sky

Bye.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@arrethtraen

Oh fun! I have not written publishable work yet… though that goal is in sight. I have a brother who love drawing… He can sit and draw for hours, especially if there is a good audio book. I personally am not a fan of audio but prefer books greatly.

Do you enjoy reading?

Arrethtraen
    @arrethtraen

Greetings @arrethtraen, Welcome fellow Skyraider and Aetherlighter to-looks suspiciously around-Story Embers.

Why thank you, Millennium! It’s great to be here!

Do you enjoy reading?

I do! Perhaps a little too much, because when I was much younger, my mum used to have to ground me from reading in order to get me to do my homework! What kind of books do you like, @wordsmith?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@arrethtraen

Haha! I know what that’s like… In the past I’ve done almost no school work in a day, and instead read a book (literally read through A book). I don’t read as much these days as I would like, due to squished days… though my favorite authors are Tolkien, Orson Scott Card, N.D. Wilson, Andrew Peterson, Jonathan Auxiar, and maybe a few others that I can’t remember at the moment.

So most of my favorite books are fantasy, though I really enjoy certain science fictions. Oh right! I also really like Lewis. C.S. Lewis, though have not read his work past Narnia and Screwtape Letters.

Shakespeare is also an author that I very much enjoy.

And I just finished reading Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which is a really good book (novella)!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

I was grounded from reading after I spent the day reading N.D. Wilson’s The Drowned Vault.

Arrethtraen
    @arrethtraen

Haha! Yeah, while reading is fun, all things need to be balanced, don’t you agree?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@arrethtraen

Indeed! I now find school fun (in contrast to back then)!

E. Grace
    @emgc

@arrethtraen – Is that like as in “The Knights of Arrethtrae” by Chuck Black? Because I love that series! So good!

Anyway. Welcome! 😊

What kind of things do you like to draw?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by E. Grace.

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

HIIIIIII, @arrethtraen!! Welcome to Story Embers! I’m glad to see you! I hope you recognize me…

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Rebecca W
    @rebecca-w

Hello!

Welcome to story embers!

I’m also an artist-writer!

Nice to meet you.

INTP Fantasy/ Sci-fi writer. Secretly also an elf. A Parimi and of Camp Artifex.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@arrethtraen Welcome to SE! I’m Evelyn… writer… reader… etc.

I’m a kinda artist too! What do you like to draw?

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Hi, @arrethtraen!

I like drawing too, and reading, of course. When I draw, it always seems like I have to either just draw a particular thing or draw everything (because I just love creating colorful environments). I know that may seem somewhat odd, but it seems like a bad habit I have encouraged. Hope that made sense. *laughs inside my head*

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest