fb

Mae Govannen!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Mae Govannen!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Mae govannen mellon, I am a writer, dreamer and world spinner joining the forums for the first time. This will not be a long post as it is not consequential to the reader at all, and there is nothing to be gleaned by it, except that those who see it will know that a new person has joined the forums. So, perhaps this might actually be a warning. So, for now, I end this virtual parchment, and send it off via virtual carrier pigeon. I bid you all a very fond farewell, EricaWordsmith.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@ericawordsmith welcome! 😀 I love your intro. I’d guess you’re a…fantasy writer. Your greeting is in Elvish, right?

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Grace
    @h-jones

*receives virtual carrier pigeon*

Alas. Another has joined our ranks.

Sound the trumpets! Bring out the red carpet! ‘Tis a time for much festivities, and drinking of apple juice!

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Correct my friend! Quenya, I think.

Filewriter
    @filewriter

Hello @ericawordsmith! I know I am late to greet you, but I have been away for a while. It’s nice to meet you. I liked your intro, and look forward to seeing you around. 🙂 For random questions, age, flavor of ice cream, and pet. Now I must go… stalk some other forum- conversation- thingy. Anyways, bye.

*waves* *makes a “dramatic” exit*

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

Hi and welcome to… Whatever we call this place. Emberlandia or something like that.

Out of sheer curiosity, are you in any way related to @wordsmith?

*Forum Signature here*

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Hello @thewirelessblade and @filewriter! I haven’t been on here in forever… Been away, and breaking your laptop don’t help writing… But never fear for starting Sunday I begin to write again (not on here, I mean ACTUALLY writing. It sounds like Heaven…)

No, I am not related to @wordsmith. Somehow writers think alike in some ways, so somebody either stole my name unintentionally or I stole theirs unintentionally.

I bid you all a very fond farewell.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

It is an honor to meet you! I won’t argue over who is the real Wordsmith… *tries to decide how to sarcastic to be, or not*… Because it really does not matter. *is glad he decided not to be sarcastic*

I go by Wordsmith and although I am truly Wordsmith it makes me glad to know others have fine taste 🙂

Welcome to Story Embers!

I’m sure we can get together just well, Erica Wordsmith.

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

No, no, that would be bad, we won’t get into an argument about that. We’ll simply call it great minds think alike as you said and get along fine without a war of words. 🙂

GASP! Is that a younger sibling in your picture?? I’ve got more than one of those and I just have to ask, (looks both ways) are you homeschooled? How many are in your rank?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

No, that is not a younger sibling… That is my niece, though the picture is from 2016. I have six siblings, two in-laws three nieces and two nephews.

The oldest in our family is a girl (and the only one), who we all adore, but lives in Idaho while we are in Texas. She is married and has three kids (girl [turns 6 in nine days], boy [if 4.5 years old], girl [is 2.5 years old] ).

The second in my family is married and lives not far away with his wife and two kids. Their oldest is a boy (2.5 years old) and the younger is a girl (1.2 years old).

I am the fifth child, at 16 years old. And yes, homeschooling. 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Buddy J..

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

GASP!!! Well, aside from the fact that there is not a lack of gals in our family, we’ve got the same numbers. I’ve got six more behind me in the ducky train. And scarier still, I’m not saying which state I’m from, but from the fact that I’m insanely proud of it and use the word y’all like crazy, I’ll let you guess where I’m from. 😉

SEE!!! Great minds think alike!!! Forged in some of the same fires (and if we’re talking about weather, yes we’re talking fires) except you are a youngest child. I’m an oldest child, so I can’t really sympathize with you that much. XD

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Maybe say I was forged in Southern CA, but honed here in this furnace 😉

I use “ya’ll” a lot too, but don’t have a strong accent. And as for how we sympathize with each other… I understand to some degree the position of an oldest child. It’s not like there’s a complete disconnect. So I can sympathize with an oldest 🙂

My sister and I were really close, so I got to see the perspective of an oldest. My sister in-law is also an oldest, and my oldest niece is an oldest, and my oldest nephew is an oldest… So I get to see the oldest perspective a lot…

You know, it might be easier for a middle child to see the older child’s point of view than vice versa. I hadn’t thought of that.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

Furnace exactly!!! Searing, searing heat. I’ve never felt anything like it anywhere else in this country.

I say y’all all the time, but as to my accent… I don’t think I have that much of an accent. Well, at least when I’m talking normally. It’s completely normal to hear me talking like a Brit or a Scot. All. The. Time. I’m one of those people who was forged in the U.S. halfway, and the other half was forged in books. It was really weird the day I realized I had never actually been to London. 😉

I totally agree with that. My friends who have younger siblings (and older siblings) can understand, but I just can’t understand what it’s like to be a youngest child. I guess because I am the first in the ducky row, I can’t imagine what it would be like to be at the back of the ducky row. Sounds like you have a really fun family!! (Homeschoolers always have fun families pretty much [after 17 years of life I finally got to ride a school bus for the first time this summer at camp and it was a sobering ordeal {it didn’t help that the thing had no AC}])

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@ericawordsmith, another homeschooler! I’m the sixth child out of nine, and I remember not that long ago having a conversation with @wordsmith about this. Since I’m just younger than the middle child (I’m fourteen, but will soon turn fifteen this year) I can relate to how it would be the oldest or youngest.

The middle child, Luke, works at Culvers, and so does my older sister, Hope (or Hope Ann), and another one of my siblings used to be before going to the Marines like another one of my older siblings.

So, it’s nice to meet you!

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Hello @andrew! I suppose this thread is turning into the Gathering of the Homeschoolers! Awesome!! Nine!! I’ve come to learn that 7 is more of the small end of the big family spectrum. It feels big (especially when everyone is talking [or playing Amon Hen on the piano {which would be me}]) but when we’re compared to ten and fifteen, we feel small… Well I can’t because I’m almost 5.10, but that’s a whole different discussion.

Are there any other homeschoolers who will pop up?? I welcome all of you to the Fellowship of the Homeschoolers!! (LOTR girl…)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest