-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 13: motivations {discussion} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
My dear Ereki,
So last week was kind of crazy. I felt quite overwhelmed and my involvement throughout the week was really bad on here. I hope to change that this week, and feel like I’ve already gotten off to a much better start than last week. Only have to write this and then I’ll be done with all my…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
I love everyone’s answer to the question I asked last week. I agree with you all. 🙂
*thinks of a new question*
What is your favorite fruit?
+++
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-na…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic January 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
-
Karthmin replied to the topic LIVE CHAT! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Aaaaaand, we’re live!!!!
+++
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @warrenluther04 @lydia-writes @seekjustice @rose-noblescroll @thetessinator
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Guild Positions in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Based on this feedback, I am appointing @filewriter to the position of Worldsmith. You are in charge of the ongoing worldbuilding and development of Erekdale. Be sure to align everything with the overarching framework found in the Building Erekdale 2.0 thread. Other than that, you have full discretion to create whatever google docs you need to…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic January 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
Ereki!
I am late. I am sorry. I am posting anyway.
State your goals, encourage one another through the week. Be awesome. 😀
+++
My goals:
– have an Erekdale group chat set up by the weekend
– write at least 1000 words by the end of the week
– read three chapters in a self-improvement book (7 Habits of Highly Effective…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic Guild Positions in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Fellow Ereki!
I really liked the suggestion that we create further subdivisions and positions that we can all have within Erekdale. I think it’s a fun way to diversify and make our specific skills/interests known.
So this thread is devoted to working all of that out!
If there is a specific part of the guild activities that really stick out to…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic Video Calls in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
My dear Ereki,
We do have the thumbs up to put together a guild video call. (*dignified grin*)
So. Rather than complete mayhem, I thought maybe we could come up with some kind of agenda for these calls.
I think for the first one, it would make the most sense to just chat, introduce ourselves and get to know each other. And if that proves to be…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic LIVE CHAT! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Ereki one and all!
I got a green light just yesterday to go ahead and give this a shot! Because we are going outside of the Story Embers forum to do this, keep in mind that this isn’t endorsed, or monitored by anyone from the Story Embers staff. It’s a bunch of friends trying to create a stronger community, basically, and that’s just about it.…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
I honestly wish there was a like button for some of these reactions. Loved them all so much.
New week, new question. This one is going to get a little philosophical.
If you can prevent someone from feeling/experiencing sorrow/pain, either by removing it entirely, or by experiencing it on their behalf, would you do so?
Second part of the…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 12: external goal {discussion} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
*ushers you all into dusty, moth-ridden discussion hall; books are scattered, some open, others in stacks, next to various armchairs and benches and giant cushions scattered around the floor*
We’re going to do our best to undust this place this week, and drive the moths away. This week, we will be jumping back into our discussion pretty much…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic January 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
Ereki!
I am making a regrettably late appearance. But I am appearing. So we can all be thankful for that, right? Er, well, most of us, anyway. 😛
Suffice it to say that this is the first ‘normal’ accountability thread that we’ve got going on this year, so let’s start it off with grandiose, amazing, impossible-to-achieve goals, shall we?!
On the…[Read more]
-
Tess replied to the topic Character Building Role-Play in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
(tagging everyone who’s ever posted on this thread:Â @catwing @karthmin @enu @devastate-lasting @emgc @filewriter @sarah-inkdragon @sarah-narnathron @princess-foo)
*pokes head in door, wrinkling nose at the stale smell of frozen conversations* Uh…hi. Is anyone here? I’m a little bit lost. I’m kinda new around here. I mean, I’ve had a lease for…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
@lady-frosttongue I love it! Wolves are such cool animals. Oooooh, and the black ones are just so mysterious.
@devastate-lasting *laughs* I love this argument.
@catwing *blinks* WOW. You, like, created an entire story world. It’s great XD
@hope-ann What a violent ant you are. I suppose I didn’t rule out bloody and disturbing threats, but…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic January 2019 Hopes and Dreams in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 9 months ago
Hello Ereki! Welcome back after our refreshing holiday break! *looks around at a sea of faces that have clearly been fed by many cookies; checks pocket mirror, grimaces*
Humbug. About time for some goals, I say. XD
Just kidding! I trust you all had a wonderful Christmas celebration (of whatever kind that your family does) and that you’ve become…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic Guild Improvement Ideas in the forum Announcements 7 years, 9 months ago
*solemnly enters the guild hall*
Erekdale! A new year is upon us! I don’t know why I entered solemnly, because there’s not really any reason to. Unless we are supposed to be sad that a year is over and done. But hey, there’s always another year to take it’s place!
Which means a couple hundred days that we get to spend together in this little…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic December Critique in the forum Critiques 7 years, 9 months ago
Urgh the tags didn’t work. *facepalm*
Here are the broken tags:
@allison-grace @bekks2017 @catwing @cowlick @enu @filewriter @lydia-writes @theinvizibleman @devastate-lasting @sarah-inkdragon @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @sageinthemeadow @kara-lynn
-
WarrenLuther04 started the topic December Critique in the forum Critiques 7 years, 9 months ago
Hello everyone!
For my December critique piece, I’d like to present the second chapter of my current WIP!
Before I forget, here’s the link:Â Chapter 2 WIP
Please look for:
– Character Development: Am I still describing my characters well?
– Show Don’t Tell: Yeah… I’ve had trouble with that before….
– Setting/Worldbuilding: Is the setting…[Read more]
-
Cassandra Hamm replied to the topic A Question (I don't know what to title this) in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
@sarah-narnathron I loved what you said! Also, the Lunar Chronicles are one of my absolute favorite series of all time, so I loved the analysis of that. I didn’t realize until now that Dr. Erland was the “fairy godmother”! Anyway. Nice input. 🙂
@elizabeth I don’t really have anything to add. They all said it very nicely. 🙂 but I agree that you…[Read more]
-
Selah Chelyah started the topic A Matter of Life and Death… in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
@ethryndal @bama-rose @raemarie @corissa @kate @r-m-archer @literatureforthelight @j-parkhurst @gabbyj @cassandraia @chalice @noahlitle @julianne @germaine-han @maddiejay @sesi @r-j-karas @rosemarylouise @msqueen8 @samuel @eden-anderson  @professorsjb @elizabeth @scarletimmortalized @parker @katthewriterÂ