-
Karthmin started the topic Guild Positions in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Fellow Ereki!
I really liked the suggestion that we create further subdivisions and positions that we can all have within Erekdale. I think it’s a fun way to diversify and make our specific skills/interests known.
So this thread is devoted to working all of that out!
If there is a specific part of the guild activities that really stick out to…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic Video Calls in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
My dear Ereki,
We do have the thumbs up to put together a guild video call. (*dignified grin*)
So. Rather than complete mayhem, I thought maybe we could come up with some kind of agenda for these calls.
I think for the first one, it would make the most sense to just chat, introduce ourselves and get to know each other. And if that proves to be…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic LIVE CHAT! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Ereki one and all!
I got a green light just yesterday to go ahead and give this a shot! Because we are going outside of the Story Embers forum to do this, keep in mind that this isn’t endorsed, or monitored by anyone from the Story Embers staff. It’s a bunch of friends trying to create a stronger community, basically, and that’s just about it.…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
I honestly wish there was a like button for some of these reactions. Loved them all so much.
New week, new question. This one is going to get a little philosophical.
If you can prevent someone from feeling/experiencing sorrow/pain, either by removing it entirely, or by experiencing it on their behalf, would you do so?
Second part of the…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 12: external goal {discussion} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
*ushers you all into dusty, moth-ridden discussion hall; books are scattered, some open, others in stacks, next to various armchairs and benches and giant cushions scattered around the floor*
We’re going to do our best to undust this place this week, and drive the moths away. This week, we will be jumping back into our discussion pretty much…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic January 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
Ereki!
I am making a regrettably late appearance. But I am appearing. So we can all be thankful for that, right? Er, well, most of us, anyway. 😛
Suffice it to say that this is the first ‘normal’ accountability thread that we’ve got going on this year, so let’s start it off with grandiose, amazing, impossible-to-achieve goals, shall we?!
On the…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
@lady-frosttongue I love it! Wolves are such cool animals. Oooooh, and the black ones are just so mysterious.
@devastate-lasting *laughs* I love this argument.
@catwing *blinks* WOW. You, like, created an entire story world. It’s great XD
@hope-ann What a violent ant you are. I suppose I didn’t rule out bloody and disturbing threats, but…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic January 2019 Hopes and Dreams in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 9 months ago
Hello Ereki! Welcome back after our refreshing holiday break! *looks around at a sea of faces that have clearly been fed by many cookies; checks pocket mirror, grimaces*
Humbug. About time for some goals, I say. XD
Just kidding! I trust you all had a wonderful Christmas celebration (of whatever kind that your family does) and that you’ve become…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic Guild Improvement Ideas in the forum Announcements 7 years, 9 months ago
*solemnly enters the guild hall*
Erekdale! A new year is upon us! I don’t know why I entered solemnly, because there’s not really any reason to. Unless we are supposed to be sad that a year is over and done. But hey, there’s always another year to take it’s place!
Which means a couple hundred days that we get to spend together in this little…[Read more]
-
Selah Chelyah started the topic A Matter of Life and Death… in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
@ethryndal @bama-rose @raemarie @corissa @kate @r-m-archer @literatureforthelight @j-parkhurst @gabbyj @cassandraia @chalice @noahlitle @julianne @germaine-han @maddiejay @sesi @r-j-karas @rosemarylouise @msqueen8 @samuel @eden-anderson @professorsjb @elizabeth @scarletimmortalized @parker @katthewriter @Sarah-Inkdragon
@Devastate-Lasting
@Sageinthemeadow
@ENU
@The-Inkspiller…[Read more]-
Aaaaaaand I just realized that I accidentally tagged myself. Whoops. 😛 Merry Christmas!
-
Happy Christmas to you and everyone else, too!
-
Thanks, @warrenluther04! And Merry Christmas to you all as well! 😉 😉 😀
-
@warrenltuher04 Just saw this now. 😉 Merry Christmas to you too!
-
Merry (late) Christmas everyone! 😀
-
Merry late late Christmas! :3
-
@devastate-lasting @filewriter @jenwriter17 @ajaj2000 @catwing
Hope you all had a great Christmas! 😀
-
-
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Prompt War: dream sequence in the forum Announcements 7 years, 9 months ago
The results are in!
The judge has judged, the pronouncements pronounced, and the placements placed.
We…
…got another honorable mention! And once again, one of the reasons why we didn’t outright win is because we did a bit of a twist on the dream sequence genre (see the judge’s feedback in the doc attached below). Go figure. Another t…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
Weekly wondering:
Not so much a question this time, but a tiny little writing prompt that I just remembered from my school days. I’ll search up what I wrote When I Was Very Young and share it when I get a chance this week. But for now, I’m going to sit back and listen to your best arguments:
You are an ant. Convince an anteater not to eat…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 11: internal goals (NEED) {article} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 9 months ago
Hello Ereki,
We are gathered together, on this seventeenth day of the month of December, to continue our discussion of character development. Let us begin.
This article will be the centerpiece of our discussion. Please read it before going any further! I will not elaborate very much in this initial…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic December 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 9 months ago
Soooooo, here we are with the official call to state your goals, dreams, hopes, desires, and pledge me the life of your first-born….. HOLD ON. Nope. Just weekly goals (this time). *evil laugh*
Sorry that I’m weird. Y’all didn’t know what you were in for when I stepped into the Guildmaster chair. XD Yes, stepped into (not sat upon). 😀
+++
My…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Prompt War: dream sequence in the forum Announcements 7 years, 9 months ago
Last chance to edit our submission for the Prompt War!
We have until midnight tonight, at which time I will port the story (in whatever state it is in) to a different document so that we can’t keep tweaking it.
I think it’s quite safe to say that @hope-ann did a fantastic job with the story. However, there are a few places where it feels a tiny…[Read more]
-
The Inkspiller started the topic No Deadline Critique in the forum Critiques 7 years, 9 months ago
Hey Erekdale, sorry for my absence. I’ve been busy doing other people’s stuff (at least, that’s my excuse) and I haven’t been putting out a lot of proper fiction to read. If anything, I’m having a bit of crisis in not being able to write anything good in spite of being able to come up with interesting settings and premises.
This is a little…[Read more]
-
Kelly Lundgren replied to the topic Quick Critique? in the forum Critiques 7 years, 9 months ago
Tagging everyone is hard.
@sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @karthmin @allison-grace @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @warrenluther04 @lydia-writes @seekjustice @rose-noblescroll @taaka-merespinner @thetessinator @jose-cuellar-ramirez @bekks2017 @cowlick @ariednelle
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Prompt War: dream sequence in the forum Announcements 7 years, 9 months ago
Hey, Ereki!
I finished my assignment of writing a dream sequence and have pasted it into the docu above. Now we get to work on it together and make it a masterpiece to carry us to victory. Not quite sure how it goes from here except that we all pitch in. But yeah, go read it. Make comments. Do the thing. XD And above all, remember to laugh and…[Read more]
- Load More












