-
Andrew replied to the topic The Ode of Desdemona in the forum Poetry Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@e-b-raulands, you’re welcome! 🙂
Some people who’d want to see your poem which I know of: @the-fledgling-artist, @nuetrobolt, @wordsmith, @jenwriter17, @mariposa, @catwing, @carolyn-matthews.
-
Andrew replied to the topic Mae Govannen! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 2 months ago
@ericawordsmith, I might know some. I know @nuetrobolt is a homeschooler.
Maybe @evelyn too, but I’m not sure if she is.
-
Brandon Miller started the topic VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys,
We’ve got two big things going down this week.
First, FEEDBACK FORMS. The Story Embers staff and Guildmasters are looking to make these guilds even way more better. To do that, we need your guys’ thoughts. So, we’ve put together this short survey for everyone to go through instead of doing an activity this week. Please take a few…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic A Fun War in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys results are posted.
I’m running out of ways to say this but… Avensbeck won again. 😐
Anyway, we’ll get them next time. I want to heap praise on @wordsmith and @graceabounds2129 again because they were awesome. Nice work everyone with the ideas too, that was cool.
I’m not sure when our next guild war will be. We’re going to be fi…[Read more]
-
Andrew started the topic World Making in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 8 years, 2 months ago
So, I’m planning for this new story. It’s fantasy, and in this one, I’m planning it to be very different.
Some animals I’ve come up with so far: windmocks, beamerfish, inktoads, scarlet wolves, golialephant, fanged deer, reaper rodents, crazarks, alexion rhinos, flowerflies, more… Some animals that I didn’t make up but are still cool: dragons,…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Week 12 – Mood in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
One strength that descriptions have is their ability to set the mood for a scene. For example, if my character is walking in the woods I can describe either the spring breeze brushing through the trees or the hollow, cracking leaves whisping through the eeire silence. In these descriptions I’m describing the same thing, but I’m creating a t…[Read more]
-
graceabounds2129 replied to the topic A Fun War in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Anyone up for quickly writing a scene? I believe today is the due date… and to my knowledge we only have ideas…[Read more]
-
Holly C replied to the topic Favorite Writing Resources in the forum Rillumen’s Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@nuetrobolt I like Rilluminites, mainly because it sounds like the Israelites! 😀
-
Rachel Rogers replied to the topic A.A. Milne in the forum Story Analysis 8 years, 2 months ago
@nuetrobolt SO true. xD
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic N.D. Wilson in the forum Story Analysis 8 years, 3 months ago
Speak not of things which you do not know… 😉
But yes… It’s very very hard to outdo a Greenman.
-
TheWirelessBlade replied to the topic I am Twin in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
Yes and yes. (Heh heh.) Pottermore, Percy Jackson, Wings of Fire, Eragon, not sure if Keeper of the Lost Cites is one or not, Left Behind (11 million copies sold in the entire series as far as I can tell), and probably anything else. I read a lot.
I figured people would be stumped by that, but I was dead…[Read more]
-
RaeMarie replied to the topic Help!!! My characters need names!!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 3 months ago
Thank y’all so much for your help!!
@a_small_mousepad I like Ubel! I also found another name that I find interesting that I may pair with it. ‘Gjest’. It is a Norwegian name that means ‘stranger, guest’. In the definition, it says that often the Nordic gods would use the n…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Allegory vs symbolism in the forum Themes 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt @daeus-lamb The elves, upon their death, go to the Halls of Mandos, where they will be judged. The afterlife is quite fuzzy in Tolkien’s descriptions, but it is present. What happens to the souls of men, however (like you said, @daeus-lamb), is not revealed to anyone. From this, the Ainur deduce that it is a very special thing.
As for…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory vs symbolism in the forum Themes 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt heh. I feel ya buddy. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory vs symbolism in the forum Themes 8 years, 3 months ago
Whoops, @nuetrobolt
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic Allegory vs symbolism in the forum Themes 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt Actually, according to The Silmarillion, there is something after death. I think it was verified that the Elves would be judged and all or a lot of them were going to live in a sort of paradise. Don’t quote me on that though. I might be mistaken. I know at least for men it said that the God figure in the story had a plan for them after…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic POV Jump (is it okay and when?) in the forum Rillumen’s Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
So then… How were the POV jumps done? How did the author make them flow well?
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic N.D. Wilson in the forum Story Analysis 8 years, 3 months ago
100 Cupboards is by far my preferred. I think it is better written in many way, and might even be his best work so far.
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic 2018 Week 11 – Scavenger Hunt in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 3 months ago
Haha! I hadn’t realized you chose that when I did mine.
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Karthmin Is Here in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
@wordsmith I also enjoy contra dancing! It sounds like we have very similar taste in dancing styles. Have you ever tried swing? It’s a little more difficult, but the few times I’ve done it I have always had a lot of fun. 🙂
I will try to check out your blog. 🙂 And if I comment, I’ll be sure to be constructive.
Thank you so much for the offer to…[Read more]
- Load More












