Help!!! My characters need names!!!

Forums Fiction Characters Help!!! My characters need names!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RaeMarie
    @raemarie

Okay, so I have my three main-ish characters named, I think. But I am struggling to come up with names for my antagonist and a last name or family name for my main characters.  I have exhausted my resources in trying to find Nordic or Germanic names that have symbolic meanings.

My antagonist represents the evil that has a hold on us. He has a hold on the kingdom and owns everyone in the kingdom. With the price on their to high to pay, he is confident no one will challenge his powers.

My main characters are Rebekah, Klaus, and Elijah. Their father is Michael and their mother’s current name is Ester. I am thinking of changing that name.

Any suggestions would be welcome!!

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Chalice
    @chalice

Try: http://www.meaning-of-names.com/search/

You can search names by their meaning or origin. They even have surnames and their meaning. Hope that helps!

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000
    Abbey Bishop
    @a_small_mousepad

The name “Ubel” is Germanic and literally means “evil”.  @raemarie What do you think?

~a member of the great Meraki guild~

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

@andrew had names that people could use in his forum, Characters!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Inkling-for-Christ
      @inkling-for-christ

@raemarie, picking names is often the hardest, I like using Behind the name as @ajaj2000 suggested. Tow other sites I like are Fantasy Name Generator and Random Name Generator

Fantasy Name Generator: https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com

Random name Generator: http://random-name-generator.info

INFJ, Child of God, wannabe author, writer, dreamer, fan of DR. Who, Star Wars, NCIS-LA

RaeMarie
      @raemarie

@chalice @ajaj2000

@a_small_mousepad
      @nuetrobolt

@inkling-for-christ

Thank y’all so much for your help!!

@a_small_mousepad
      I like Ubel! I also found another name that I find interesting that I may pair with it. ‘Gjest’. It is a Norwegian name that means ‘stranger, guest’. In the definition, it says that often the Nordic gods would use the name when they took on human form to visit earth. I though it much for well with the personality I want my antagonist to portray as Satan. Gjest Ubel or something like that. What do you think?

Abbey Bishop
      @a_small_mousepad

@raemarie

Gjest Ubel is amazing! It sent chills down my back when I read it!

~a member of the great Meraki guild~

RaeMarie
        @raemarie

@a_small_mousepad 😊 The reaction I was hoping for!! Any ideas for my good King?

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
        @thewirelessblade

Here’s what I do. (closes eyes)

x

Okay, interesting letter… Ding!

Xavier.

I’ve done this with about half the characters I’ve ever created. Works perfectly.

*Forum Signature here*

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest