-
Buddy J. replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
Rillumen… It may be Tuesday, but you’re not off the hook! We still have a war to fight, and we need to fight it hard. Not including today, we only have three days left, and whether we likes it or not the war is gonna end. *turns and looks each one of you in the eye*
We just passed the 200000 word marker… but let’s look at a few statistics.…[Read more]
-
Dakota replied to the topic Lyrical Poems are Welcome here! in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 10 months ago
@parker @evelyn @andrew @libby @jenwriter17 @nuetrobolt @ericawordsmith @jane-maree @serenity @the-fledgling-artist @katthewriter @e-b-raulands ( please tag some others who think might like this)
Hope you all enjoy!
Though the Lights Burn Down
Through the pining night watch I will shine brightly on
My flame fed by the Father of…[Read more]
-
Buddy J. replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
Glad to hear it!
-
Buddy J. replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
Well good then… Anything coming?
-
Buddy J. replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@graceabounds2129… I have not gotten any writing done today. Maybe later tonight.
@nuetrobolt… Hey there! So here’s what I’m gonna say. You don’t have to feel inspired. Sit down at the computer… If you have to stand up to do that, then go ahead. But sit down at the computer and open a doc. Whatever doc you’re writing on. Then pull up some…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
And to all Rillumen! We have six days left to push out an unseen word-count! If each one of us gets five hundred words out, every day of the week… that’s gonna be 60000 words by the end of the week. Think of that… that’s the equivalent of a short novel. If we can do that in a week…
And on top of that… five hundred words can take as few as…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
So I’m interested to hear how everything is going with you peeps! I didn’t get as many words as I had planned, but I’m happy with what I got.
So today… I wrote a grand total of: 1740 words!
Rachel… how ’bout you? And what about anyone else who accepted my challenge? Did you guys get to push any extra words…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
So… the mini word-war that I started ended. Here’s my count: 3035… all earned between 11:15 this morning to 9:30 this evening (central time)
What about…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
Okay Rillumen… today is a day that I’d like to fill with writing… and I’d love for you to join me. Thus I propose a word war. One that ends today at 9:30 p.m. Central, starting at 11:15 a.m. Central (Today November 23rd). I’m doing a few smaller word-wars hopefully.
Let’s do this! Whether you answer or not, the war starts at 11:15 p.m.…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
Okay peeps! I finally picked up an extra two hundred words from my recent typical 550ish, putting me at 742 words tonight. This totals me out for the month at: 5643 words!
Okay… looking at the spreadsheet, I’m gaining on Quinn (‘m lady) and Miss Brie Donning. Would either of you care to put an end to that? I’m certainly ready to pick up the…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
Alrighty… goodnight ya’ll. I got 615 words tonight leaving me at 4901. Have a great writing time……[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
*steps up onto podium…*
Okay Rillumen… we are falling behind… and honestly it may not be your fault, it’s probably not… but I wonder what we can do to pick stuff back up. What’s a war without pain a toil. This isn’t supposed to be easy. But we can do it. Even in sharpening each other as iron, something is shaved away. It’s not a pleasant…[Read more]
-
Dakota started the topic Fall Poem in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@parker @evelyn @andrew @libby @jenwriter17 @nuetrobolt @ericawordsmith @jane-maree @serenity @the-fledgling-artist @katthewriter @e-b-raulands ( please tag some others who think might like this)
Hope Y’all enjoy as we say goodbye to fall. Today it snowed . . .’Winter’s coming soon . . .’
Autumn’s Joyful Hours
Autumn blusters…[Read more]
-
Dakota replied to the topic Lyrical Poems are Welcome here! in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@parker @evelyn @andrew @libby @jenwriter17 @nuetrobolt @ericawordsmith @jane-maree @serenity @the-fledgling-artist @katthewriter @e-b-raulands ( please tag some others who think might like this)
This is more of a simple little song. It’s one I wrote several years ago . . . it may need some revising. Any ideas would be welcome.…[Read more]
-
Samantha Farrar replied to the topic Farewell, Stan Lee in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for creating this thread.
He was a great author and artist!!!! I loved his work!!!
My sister drew this picture yesterday night for her art page on Instagram.@thelastlightfury
It was a crazy last minute decision, as she posts every Tuesday morning, but definitely worth it to honor this great man!!! The pen has great power…[Read more]
-
Rachel Rogers replied to the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Wow! Guys! We have almost 48k words for this month’s word war!
We need to be sure to stay on top of this and not procrastinate and think we have the whole month to get around to it! *is so very guilty of this herself*
If we could write (on average) 500 words per day, per person, from now until the end of the month, that would be 190k more words.…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
HEY GUYS
Here’s the topic for this month’s word war.
And HERE is a link to a spreadsheet where you can tally your totals if you’re not using NaNo’s website.
Carry…[Read more]
-
graceabounds2129 replied to the topic Lumenite NaNoWriMos in the forum Rillumen’s Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey everyone! How’s NaNo going for y’all? I’m already a bit behind… but still going to do my best to push through! Man, didn’t think I’d run out of ideas this quickly. But I guess that probably has to do with the fact that I should let myself be okay with not writing chronologically. Man.
For anyone who’s not already in it, Rillumen has a *very…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey Y’all,
When you get a chance today, please submit your final wordcount so that I can turn it over to the giant calculator of things.
@emma-starr
@happyholly_c
@corkybookworm
@quinn-ofallon
@kayla-joy
@nuetrobolt
@pookiemonster
@inkling-for-christ
@sir-leeds
@morgan-tailor
@grace-tolkienista
@brie-donning
@dwight-schruteNice work everybody!
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Good work ya’ll! I’m gonna settle in for my final run. Pray for mental speed and…[Read more]
- Load More












