-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Scene Description Helps in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 11 months ago
@edmund-lloyd-fletcher One great piece of description advice I was once given (which has changed my life) is to go through each of the five senses in each new setting.
It doesn’t have to be all five in every place, but sight, sound, smell are good ones for a room. If it’s something touchable, describing the texture is also good.
It’s…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic NaNoWriMo 2019 Buddies in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 11 months ago
@edmund-lloyd-fletcher No worries, I am one of the lucky few who’s accounts were suddenly and quite randomly blocked last week. They’re working on it. 😛
-
Selah replied to the topic Word war #6 in the forum Word Wars 6 years, 11 months ago
Awesome, Parimi Alca and @ariella-newheart!! Great job! 🙂
Good work, Meraki. If only life were not soooooo crazy……[Read more]
-
camohunter19 replied to the topic My Fox needs to Realize that he can Lie. in the forum Plotting 6 years, 11 months ago
@duskflower I think I’ll have to work out some things–like instead of him having to go to the starlings after he finds God, the starlings check in on him, or maybe they are getting impatient. Then something is misunderstood about him like you and @edmund-lloyd-fletcher reccommended, and badda bing, badda boom, he’s caught up in a huge lie that he…[Read more]
-
Selah started the topic Word War…How's it going? in the forum Announcements 6 years, 11 months ago
Hey, all!! How are you all doing with writing for the word war? I confess that I’m swamped and have nothing at all to offer as a word count. Humph! But maybe ya’ll will make up for it?…[Read more]
-
Dakota posted a new activity comment 6 years, 11 months ago
@edmund-lloyd-fletcher Ok, I have posted my notes in the Google Doc at the above link. Hope you have a nice day!
-
Thank you Dakota. I have been doing the edits I ended up having to do a bit more rewrite than I thought but the book is looking so much better. Thank you.
Would you be interested in having the next section? I will give both parts so you can see what changed if you want to and The next section.
Thanks again for all the help you have given me so far.
-
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Word war #6 in the forum Word Wars 6 years, 12 months ago
Meerkats!!
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelist
@e…[Read more] -
Elisha Starquill replied to the topic Help with Final Battle Scene in the forum Plotting 7 years ago
@edmund-lloyd-fletcher and @rjsheffler – Those are some great ideas! Definitely gave me plenty of food for thought. Thank you so much!
-
Kayla Skywriter replied to the topic Re-introducing Characters? (in a series) in the forum Characters 7 years ago
Hi, just coming at this from a reader’s viewpoint.
I once read this series where the author used the same five paragraphs every time the main character appeared for the first time in a book. The series was nine books long and she never did this for any other character. It was really irritating and pushed me out of the…[Read more]
-
A.N. Parker replied to the topic A Question of Timing and Hyphens in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years ago
Perfect! Both of those are so amazing; thank you, @edmund-lloyd-fletcher! 😁🙏
-
Ariella Newheart replied to the topic Re-introducing Characters? (in a series) in the forum Characters 7 years ago
Hey, @edmund-lloyd-fletcher! I understand the struggle. There are times when recapping is inevitable, even helpful, but lengthy introductions do tend to drag down the story and make the reader lose interest. Try to find a happy medium. Maybe weave in the details gradually. Even adding a few previously unknown facts could help retain interest in…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic For the ones who feel like writing/editing/authoring is taking forever in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelist
@edmund-lloyd-…[Read more] -
Jane Maree replied to the topic What's Up In Your Life? in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years ago
I’m starting to do some more editing on my major novel again!! I’m kind of excited about it, kind of wishing it was done already, but I’m going to press onward!
At the moment, I’m just brainstorming what to change and how to fix stuff, but hopefully soon I’ll have a proper plan of action in place.
What about you…[Read more]
-
Selah replied to the topic Word war #5 in the forum Word Wars 7 years ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@nicoleg
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelist
@edmund-lloyd-fl…[Read more] -
Jane Maree replied to the topic What's Up In Your Life? in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years ago
Heyy folks, I know it’s the middle of the week, but I forgot to do this earlier so…anyway! Does anyone have goals for this week/next week?
I’m going to be sorting through the feedback I got from an editor on one of my…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Word war #5 in the forum Word Wars 7 years ago
@selah-chelyah Thank you!! 😀
Summoning all Meerkats to the word…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Clash of the Cultures in the forum Announcements 7 years ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelist
@edmund-lloyd-…[Read more] -
Selah CJW posted a new activity comment 7 years, 1 month ago
@edmund-lloyd-fletcher
Awesome! Thanks so much. It will probably take me a little bit before I have a chance to read it all, but I’m excited to check it out. Thanks! 🙂-
Sela have you been able to look at what I gave you? Things have changed a bit in the book if you haven’t and if you are still interested I can give you an updated copy. Let me know
-
AH, thanks for asking me. I’m sorry. I have not had a chance to read it yet at all, and a lot of things have happened that have kept me crazy swamped. I will still read it asap, but I’m sorry I haven’t gotten to it yet, and I don’t know how soon I’ll be able to. Argh! I am still interested, so if you want to send an updated that’s awesome…I’ll…[Read more]
-
Sounds good! When ever you get a chance I will make sure I keep updating with the newest file so you when you can read it, it will be uptodate
-
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Anybody need Character Help? in the forum Characters 7 years, 1 month ago
@edmund-lloyd-fletcher Your welcome. I just try to check back and see how it went. I do that with my stories too.
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic What's Up In Your Life? in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 1 month ago
@edmund-lloyd-fletcher Oh my, that is an adventure! 😱 What a story. I hope your ribs heal quickly, but it’s so good that it didn’t turn out too badly besides that!
@professorsjb Absolutely not! This is a continuing topic so you’re never late. Nor are you early. 😛
Viola is so cool! I love the sound of that strings boot camp, although it’d be…[Read more]
- Load More












