@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Karla replied to the topic Hiring Artists. Hope this is not illegal. in the forum Art Discussions 7 years, 10 months ago
I am an artist and this sort of project is my cup of tea, I don’t know if my style is quite what you want since I follow to the beat of my own drummer and have an art style that reflects that. However here are some examples Incase you might be into this sort of style:
-
Sarah Inkdragon started the topic November Critique Piece! in the forum Critiques 7 years, 10 months ago
So, I missed the October critique, but I’m back with my November piece now. This is actually the first chapter of a novella that I’m writing that I posted here before for a few Alpha readers to look over. It’s only written up to chapter 4 so far, but now that my school has leveled out a little and midterms are over, I’m expecting to be able to…[Read more]
-
Devastate Lasting started the topic November Critique Piece: Psychotic in the forum Critiques 7 years, 10 months ago
Hi everyone, if you have the time, would you perhaps like to look at my November piece?
Content Warning: There will be blood.
This is actually one of the only pieces of writing that I’ve written that I actually like. I would like feedback on:
-Style. How’s my style?
-Characters. Are the characters developed?
-Setting. Can you see where it…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic CD Week 5: appearance and non-verbal communication {research} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
Here are the links, as promised:
1. Physical appearance/clothing:
http://www.well-storied.com/ blog/the-ultimate-guide-to- nailing-your-characters- appearance
2. Non-verbal communication:
https://writerunboxed.com/ 2018/06/11/non-verbal- communication-in-writing/
https://www.psychologytoday. com/us/blog/psychology- writers/201201/nonverbal-…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic November 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 11 months ago
Hail, friends!
We come to another week.
State how your goals went last week, and set new ones for this one! 🙂
+++
My goals were sadly unfulfilled, so I think they will remain the same, with some additions.
1. Get some work done in my WIP!
2. Critique two Ereki pieces in the critique section, and submit part three of my critique pieces for…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic NaNoWriMo Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@emgc Awesome!
+++
@sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @warrenluther04 @lydia-writes @seekjustice @rose-noblescroll @taaka-merespinner @thetessinator @jose-cuellar-ramirez @bekks2017 @cowlick @ariednelle
-
Karthmin started the topic Character Building Role-Play in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
Introduce your Erekdale character, and start socializing with the other random Ereki who show up!
For more information about what we are trying to do in this thread, please follow this link and read the first post!
To start off with, we are meeting in the central world-pod. Let’s see where this goes!
+++
Rules:
1. Do not break role-play. E…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic Building Erekdale 2.0 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Ereki.
It is time to begin anew.
The borders of our fair valley lay yet unmapped, our personal holdings are vague and undefined, and we – the people of Erekdale, are rather unknown, even to ourselves. So we must tread the farthest corners, build up home and hearth, and take a good look in the mirror.
What is Erekdale? And who are it’s…[Read more]
-
The Fledgling Artist replied to the topic Hiring Artists. Hope this is not illegal. in the forum Art Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@the-inkspiller I don’t think I can take the job (my style is probably a little too feminine for your taste anyways). But if you are still looking for artists I can tag some of the other artists on the forum for you. 🙂
-
Northerner replied to the topic Writing for money alone? in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@karthmin, then I will engage in a very characteristic behaviour and recommend you a few of his works. These are far from being his only good ones — I pick them because they’re good places to start.
Nonfiction: Orthodoxy
Long fiction: Manalive or the Napoleon of Notting Hill or The Ball and the Cross
Short fiction: The Blue Cross (of course…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 4: quirks {writing} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
Dearest Ereki,
In order that the peace and tranquility which reigned nearly undisturbed under the leadership of Morrea Firebird may continue without change under my Guildmastering, our guild discussion of character development will continue in the same direction as we were traveling before.
+++
And so, this week, we come to a lovely little…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic November 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 11 months ago
Ereki!
If it please your honors, announce your weekly writing/life/school goals herein! We’ll collectively give each other a little kick in the pants to keep ourselves going, eh? Anyone is free to check in on anyone and ask how their goals are coming along at any point (but please, no biting!). This is, after all, group accountability; you’re not…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Sad but Exciting News in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey Ereki!
My phoenix is waiting to carry me away from the land of Erekdale and toward whatever is in store for me next. I’m just popping back in this evening to give you all my final farewell. The transition to your new guildmaster is official as of 12:01am 😉
I know @Karthmin will be a wonderful guildmaster who will certainly lead the Ereki on…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Prayer Requests #1 in the forum Prayer Requests 7 years, 11 months ago
Guys, I have a major prayer request…
Long story short, the dad of one of my friends just died, probably only an hour and a half ago. We don’t really know why, we think it was either health problems that suddenly manifested themselves or just he tripped (either way he ended up falling downstairs. I fully believe that he made it to heaven, but…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic October 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @karthmin @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @warrenluther04 @lydia-writes @seekjustice @rose-noblescroll @taaka-merespinner
How’d your goals go for this week, Ereki? I have a final batch of motivational…[Read more]
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic Hiring Artists. Hope this is not illegal. in the forum Art Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@the-inkspiller It’s fine to contact others about working together. 🙂 I should just mention that Story Embers does not screen or endorse these collaborations and is not responsible if anything goes wrong. Sounds cool though.
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic WE HAVE HOMEPAGES AND BADGES in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
As you know, we’ve been working on getting worldbuilding information together for guild homepages, and a while back I mentioned that we might be getting badges.
Well…all that just happened.
Erekdale’s is particularly awesome, though I might be a bit biased 😛
You’ll also notice the cool…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic SURPRISE WORD WAR! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
-
Karthmin replied to the topic SURPRISE WORD WAR! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic CD Week 3: personality {discussion} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
Hello Ereki!
Well, this is going to be my last topic discussion with you all. But I’ve thought up something a bit unique so we can keep it light-hearted 😉
The past couple of weeks, we’ve been talking about virtues and vices — the main strengths and weaknesses that make up our characters. But not every character trait is clearly a virtue or a…[Read more]
- Load More












