fb

Hiring Artists. Hope this is not illegal.

Forums Art Art Discussions Hiring Artists. Hope this is not illegal.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    The Inkspiller
    @the-inkspiller

Hey all, it’s Inkspiller – also known as Jonathan Wong – and I’m a bit of a lurker here on Story Embers. I’m also now the (as-yet unpaid) senior editor of a tabletop RPG startup called Darklore Publishing, and I’ve been tasked with sourcing artwork for between two and three books, and we’re currently hiring artists to illustrate our books. Weย do have high standards, but if you can do good work, digital retouching and/or coloration, we have aย lotย of work to do between now and January 20th, and you’ll be paid and credited for all of your work.

Let me know if you’re interested – you can can also contact me at jdwong188@gmail.com to discuss details like payment, samples, and precisely the kind of artwork that we need.

@daeus-lamb
    , Is it okay to be soliciting artists like this or should I delete this topic?

Non nobis Domine, sed nomini, Tuo da gloriam.

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@the-inkspiller It’s fine to contact others about working together. ๐Ÿ™‚ I should just mention that Story Embers does not screen or endorse these collaborations and is not responsible if anything goes wrong. Sounds cool though.

๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿ‘
    ๐Ÿ‘– ๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@the-inkspiller I don’t think I can take the job (my style is probably a little too feminine for your taste anyways). But if you are still looking for artists I can tag some of the other artists on the forum for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@the-inkspiller

I am an artist and this sort of project is my cup of tea, I donโ€™t know if my style is quite what you want since I follow to the beat of my own drummer and have an art style that reflects that. However here are some examples Incase you might be into this sort of style:

https://sta.sh/229ukg0sm8x0?edit=1

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@blueberry *sneaks back into thread* Hey! I just wanted to say that I think your art looks really good! I can tell you are a very skilled artist. ^-^ Do you have any plans on joining the Art Guild here on SE?

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@the-fledgling-artist I didnโ€™t know there was such a guild, but now that I do I totally want to! ๐Ÿ˜€

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@blueberry You totally should! ^-^ If you go to the guilds page you should be able to find it, and it probably(?) says how to sign up for it.

I have to ask, is your profile picture one of your characters? Or is it fan art of some sort? (Just curious!)

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@the-fledgling-artist Itโ€™s a self insert avatar I created to sort of serve as a mascot for myself. She is based off the goblins in the lore of a world I share with my friends. Cuz I am a mischievous soul, and a goblin seemed like a perfect fit! Plus the goblins in the anime โ€œThat Time I Got Rencarnated as a Slimeโ€ were adorkable.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@blueberry Oh, I see! Very neat. I love how you did the hair. It looks so soft and fluffy.

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@the-fledgling-artist Oh thank you! Itโ€™s a design based off my own hair, but I might have idealized it a bit compared to my real hair. XD

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@blueberry Aww, that’s adorable. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest