-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic Howdy Everyone! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt, I get my ideas at night too sometimes. It can be quite aggravating if you try to write them down every time and jump out of bed to write them. I try to keep a notebook by my pillow so I can write them down by the light of my alarm and my flashlight, though many times they go forgotten.
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic "Salvete!" (Or translated – "Hi ya'll!") in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
A little bit, not as much as futuristic.
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic "Salvete!" (Or translated – "Hi ya'll!") in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt, Yes!
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic Howdy Everyone! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
Well, I do read often and I find myself on some days just not motivated to write and I do nothing. I used to write only once a week, but ideas just kept flowing through my head and I HAD to write a story with them or jot them in my ideas notebook.
At least you spend time with Vip. LOL!!!
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic Howdy Everyone! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, @nuetrobolt. I spend most of my time writing or playing the piano after school, chores, e.t.c. I’m homeschooled so I do have a little more time than most public schooled kids. Are you homeschooled?
-
BigIdeasKC replied to the topic Hiya, Everyone! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
Oh, sorry, @nuetrobolt – I thought I already said it. My first children’s book, I self-published, but this one (False Awakening), I’m traditionally publishing. 🙂
Haha, thank you so much, @evelyn! No, I didn’t design it myself; someone who was connected to our publisher did. Thanks for the compliments! 😀
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic Howdy Everyone! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
Wow! @ajaj2000. Those sound really cool. If you do it right, you can have your readers feeling tense and stressed as the characters try to keep his parents from dying. I’d love to read those for sure.
@nuetrobolt, I’m currently writing five novels. (I know! It sounds crazy.) One, I’m editing, book two I’m writing the final draft, the third I’m…[Read more]
-
Joseph Kolapudi replied to the topic Introductions… in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt I appreciate the welcome!
Trust your writings are coming along well?
-
H. Jones replied to the topic I come from distant lands. in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@corkybookworm Thank you! 🙂 Yeah, my profile pic is Princess Zelda from the game Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It’s a really good game, but hugely addicting. Approach with caution. xD
A Throne Warden is the firstborn of a royal family who protects the secondborn, who is the King or Queen. This concept is used in the Wingfeather Saga se…[Read more]
-
Coralie replied to the topic I come from distant lands. in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@h-jones Hello and welcome! I’m totally diggin’ the profile pic. I also really enjoy fantasy, so whoot whoot! I must ask, however, what is a Throne Warden? And what is the Wingfeather Saga about? Cause the title sounds awesome! Do you have any current fantastical WIPs? If so, what are they about? Glad to make another friend and happy to meet you!…[Read more]
-
H. Jones replied to the topic I come from distant lands. in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt I understand completely. Vip, I respect your wishes as a dragon to not be held.
I think it’s awesome that you assumed the role of Throne Warden for your family! It is a really cool idea, I agree. I find it funny how Janner didn’t want to be a Throne Warden at first when I think it’s just as cool (if not cooler) as being a King.
Are…[Read more]
-
Emma Starr replied to the topic What do you think of this story idea? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt Yeah…the hard part of writing is the actual writing part. 😀
-
Emma Starr replied to the topic What do you think of this story idea? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt I think it sounds cool! I would read that book. 🙂
-
H. Jones replied to the topic I come from distant lands. in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt Ah! A Throne Warden! I’m very pleased to meet your acquaintance, my good sir, and Vip’s. Is he a kind dragon? May I hold him? I personally find dragons intriguing, though I wouldn’t want to intrude if Vip isn’t comfortable around strangers. Is he a baby dragon or is his smallness just his natural size?
Emberia is an awesome name for a…[Read more]
-
Sarah Inkdragon replied to the topic What do you think of this story idea? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 4 months ago
I like your idea, however, from what I read above, it doesn’t sound like you’ve got much of a plot thought up yet. You seem to have the world building started, and basic plot events, but not really anything else.
So, if that is the case(or not) here’s what I would do to start getting the points down on paper.
- Characters:
Really…[Read more]
-
Samuel replied to the topic Aloha, Bonjour, Hola, Ni-hao, Roskhenzgenstadtgrrrr in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@elizabeth Nice to meet you, fellow dragon!
@jane-maree Hi! I’ve been playing for about a year now. It comes a lot more naturally than the others, though; I’ve been playing piano for eight but I can play cello better XD How long have you played piano?
@nuetrobolt VIP doesn’t breathe lightning, does he? Cause I don’t get along well with lightning…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Introducing her Highness of Sparkles in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@the-golden-light Thank you! My favorite battle critique is in the Mine of Moria, when everyone is in that small room. When Pippen knocked the helmet down the well everyone should have left the room to find a hiding place immediately. There was no way they could’ve held against a goblin army except for that very convenient break when the first…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic What do you think of this story idea? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 4 months ago
I do like the idea, and I do have some thoughts. It sounds like the plot of a silly book. Or maybe a book that I would read when needing something not to take seriously. It could be done seriously, but seems to lend its self towards parody type writing. Is that helpful?
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic What do you think of this story idea? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 4 months ago
My pleasure! It would certainly be original. By the way, @nuetrobolt, I like your dragon Vip. He seems like the coolest pet ever.
-
BigIdeasKC replied to the topic Hiya, Everyone! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
Thank you very much, @nuetrobolt! 🙂
I’ll have to log off now. Thank y’all for the wonderful warm welcomes and Happy Ember Hunting! 😀
- Load More












