fb

Introducing her Highness of Sparkles

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Introducing her Highness of Sparkles

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

*Sweeps in Majestically* *Curtsies* *Sprinkles sparkles everywhere*

Hello everyone! I am Princess Foo. I came from the Kingdom of Pen to recede in this Ember of Stories.

I am the homeschooled, and the oldest of eight kids. I love fantasy, and am about to begin the second draft of my fantasy novel. I love World of Warcraft, the Lunar Chronicles, and Marvel, to name a few, and I don’t like that all of my sentences expect “Hello” began with “I”, but I can’t think of another way to phrase this so… *Sprinkles more sparkles!*

The cake is a lie. acaylor.com

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Hi @princess-foo!! And welcome!

Yes!! A fellow homeschooler-in-a-huge-family/fantasy-lover/Marvel-fan!! *grins excitedly* I’m glad to make your acquaintance! (Though I guess I should be careful here or I might get sparkles in my hair…) 😉

Congrats on working through your second draft of your book. How long has it taken for you to get there?

Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

@evelyn Thank you! I am using the One Year Adventure Novel Curriculum (though I’m not on the forums), but we we did the lessons five times a week instead of three, so we went faster than the curriculum normally does. All of that to say that from beginning to create the story and characters in my head to the end of the first draft took 6-7 months. Then I took a month off to get some distance, a month which is almost over, so I’ll be starting the second draft soon.

The Golden Light
    @the-golden-light

Hi @princess-foo and hi again @evelyn! Hazah! Homeschoolers! 😀 Yay! I wonder how many homeschoolers there are in the world.

Do you guys like Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit?

That’s, I guess, all I have to say… except: welcome here!

I am not weird, I'm limited edition. ENFP

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@the-golden-light To many homeschoolers I’m sure some would say. 🙂

Yes. I do like The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit, though if you gave me a choice between the too I wouldn’t hesitate and take the Lord of the Rings. What about you?

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@princess-foo Wow that’s cool! My first draft took me more than double that… *blushes* 😉

Anonymous

@princess-foo Hey, its you! *smiles as sparkles rain down*

Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

@the-golden-light I do like the LOTR a lot, both the books and the movies. My family has the extended version of all the movies, and whenever we watch them my siblings and I just talk non-stop, criticizing their battle strategy and generally just making fun of it. It’s really fun.

@evelyn
    The only reason I got it done that fast is that it was school, and I had to do it. I do enjoy writing, but I am very, very, very bad at getting myself to do it, so being forced to do it was great.

@ariel-ashira It’s me!

The Golden Light
    @the-golden-light

@evelyn 😀

@princess-foo
    My family has the extended version also, but critiquing the battle plans? That is a great idea!

I am not weird, I'm limited edition. ENFP

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@princess-foo, Welcome! I also am a homeschooler, am part of a large family, and a fantasy lover. Vip (my tiny pet dragon who is sitting on my shoulder) also greats you! He doesn’t have anything in common with you except loving fantasy.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

NCStokes
    @ncstokes

@princess-foo *calmly dusts sparkles off head* Hello, internet stranger!

*shameless self promotion* https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

@the-golden-light Thank you! My favorite battle critique is in the Mine of Moria, when everyone is in that small room. When Pippen knocked the helmet down the well everyone should have left the room to find a hiding place immediately. There was no way they could’ve held against a goblin army except for that very convenient break when the first wave ended. Then they dropped the one advantage, the natural choke-hold of the door that didn’t let the goblins use their numbers as an advantage. Instead they let the goblins flow into the room and surround them before fighting.

@nuetrobolt
    Nice to meet you!

@ncstokes
    Hey stranger. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.