fb

I come from distant lands.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself I come from distant lands.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Hedges
    @h-jones

“The best introductions are funny, and serious.” – My brother, upon observing my several attempts to create a quality introduction.

Hello, brothers and sisters.

My pseudonym is Heather Jones, but you can call me whatever you like. I love stories (particularly fantasy!) and I love to write, and having these interests, one would probably assume that I would have finished at least one manuscript by now. Alas! I have not. Hence, my arrival here.

To the admins (guildmasters?) and those who built this website, I genuinely appreciate your construction of a writing community for those of us who seek to write for our King. Thank you. 🙂 As a side note, I have read the Forum Guidelines and understand them to the best of my knowledge.

A bit about me personally:

1. I am a female in my late teens from the United States.
    2. My favorite fictional series is the Wingfeather Saga, by Andrew Peterson.
    3. I like everything, short of that which is evil. Science, red hair, and naked mole rats aren’t evil, therefore I like them. (An example to show you the extent and variety of my likeability scale.)

I am very excited to be here. Many thanks for having me.

Farewell. 🙂

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.” – Kari Jobe

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Hedges
    @h-jones

bump 🙂

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

Hi, @h-jones, I am Throne Warden of Emberia and this is my tiny dragon, Vip. Welcome to Story Embers (or Emberia as I and a few other Emberlings (or Emberians) call it).

I love the Wingfeather Saga so far as well. I still have to read the last book, but so far it is my favorite series. I also like writing fantasy.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Hedges
    @h-jones

@nuetrobolt Ah! A Throne Warden! I’m very pleased to meet your acquaintance, my good sir, and Vip’s. Is he a kind dragon? May I hold him? I personally find dragons intriguing, though I wouldn’t want to intrude if Vip isn’t comfortable around strangers. Is he a baby dragon or is his smallness just his natural size?

Emberia is an awesome name for a Kingdom. Whether I’ll refer to the people here as Emberlings or Emberians is undecided, but that’s a great concept.

As for the Wingfeather saga, I’m pleased to find another fan! If I were royalty, I would be a Throne Warden as well because I am the oldest of my siblings. In my opinion, the final book is the best. Happy reading to you!

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

I’m not sure Vip would like it if you held him. He’s a bit shy.

I actually am not a oldest child, but, I liked that idea so much that I decided I would be one anyway! I wouldn’t actually be a throne warden, but I like to pretend I am. I’m the oldest boy, and my older sister is gone away a lot, so I kind of feel like a throne warden.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Hedges
    @h-jones

@nuetrobolt I understand completely. Vip, I respect your wishes as a dragon to not be held.

I think it’s awesome that you assumed the role of Throne Warden for your family! It is a really cool idea, I agree. I find it funny how Janner didn’t want to be a Throne Warden at first when I think it’s just as cool (if not cooler) as being a King.

Are you currently writing anything, like a novel or series? If so, what’s it about?

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

I’m writing a novel, entitled: In the Shadow of the Falls. Its fantasy.

Coralie
    @corkybookworm

@h-jones Hello and welcome! I’m totally diggin’ the profile pic. I also really enjoy fantasy, so whoot whoot! I must ask, however, what is a Throne Warden? And what is the Wingfeather Saga about? Cause the title sounds awesome! Do you have any current fantastical WIPs? If so, what are they about? Glad to make another friend and happy to meet you! *shakes hand vigorously* 😀

@nuetrobolt
    That title sounds super intriguing! What’s it about???

GraceBought
    https://gracebought.wordpress.com/

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@corkybookworm, throne wardens are from the Wingfeather Saga, which, although I haven’t yet finished, I highly recommend you read.

In the Shadow of the Falls takes place in the days when the earth was flat. Jay lives in a land beneath flat earth, in a town that is in the shadow of the great falls that endlessly pour out of the sky (flat earth). He has a mortal wound he must keep secret, and over the course of the series he discovers that he is someone important in earth, and that he is someone who will save humanity from an uprising of the dragons (who all live beneath flat earth). But, he has this mortal wound with which he can’t do any fighting.

I don’t know what the whole series would be called.

Hedges
    @h-jones

@corkybookworm Thank you! 🙂 Yeah, my profile pic is Princess Zelda from the game Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It’s a really good game, but hugely addicting. Approach with caution. xD

A Throne Warden is the firstborn of a royal family who protects the secondborn, who is the King or Queen. This concept is used in the Wingfeather Saga series, which is (as above mentioned) my favorite fantasy series. I highly recommend!

As for fantastical WIPs… 😅 currently, I don’t have anything but an inkling of an concept and a title idea (because for some reason, I always come up with titles before I come up with stories to go with them, smh). The title idea is “Duchess of the Dirt,” and the corresponding snippets that go with that name is maybe a story (forgiveness themed) where some sort of Royal female (duchess/princess/etc.) is basically hated nation-wide because of the lineage she comes from, and has to overcome impossible odds to win the favor of her kingdom. Or, maybe it could be about a street girl who somehow becomes the head of a forming rebellion. Idk. xD Currently I like the first idea better, but that might be because I’m heavily influenced by the LoZ game I mentioned. Either way, though, they’re both kind of cliché. *massages temples* I suppose we shall see.

I’m happy to meet a new friend as well. 🙂 Great to meet you!

@nuetrobolt
    Your story idea sounds incredibly cool. I’ll gladly be a beta reader for you if you want. 🙂

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@h-jones *Dives in with a belated welcome* Hello!

Ahhhh! Yas! The Wingfeather Saga is so goooooooood! It made me laugh, cry, and go into shock and ah! Love it heaps! *nods* We are definitely going to get on well.

As for never having had finished a manuscript, well, we all hope we can help you achieve this noble goal. ;P

Do you have any hobbies aside from writing and reading?

Can’t wait to get to know you better!

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@h-jones, I’m am not far at all in my book, so it will be a long time till beta reading, but if I remember when I’m done then, sure!

Hedges
    @h-jones

@nuetrobolt Great! Looking forward to that potential experience. 🙂

@j-a-penrose
    Ha! Hello there. 🙂 Glad to meet you! It’s awesome that you’re also a fan of the Wingfeather saga. They are absolutely amazing books in my opinion. The end though. 😩😩😩 It made a permanent impression. So good. I think the moral of the story was beautiful.

Thank you! I’m sure you will. I’m already looking forward to the time I’ll be spending here. 🙂

Yes! I enjoy art, in any form. Painting, sketching, music, etc. I know this is kind of a subset of writing, but poetry I particularly enjoy. What about you? What are some hobbies of yours?

Same here! Thank you for the welcome. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Hedges.

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@h-jones Yesss, so feelsey!

Oooh, art is good. (Not that I’m brilliant at that one. :P) My main hobbies aside from literature are composing music, playing music, listening to music, martial arts, and drinking chai. 🙂

So happy to have met you!

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Hedges
    @h-jones

@j-a-penrose Very much feelsey, agreed. Ahh!!

A fellow musician! That’s awesome! Thrilled to have met you as well. Your welcoming presence is most appreciated. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest