-
Andrew replied to the topic "Salvete!" (Or translated – "Hi ya'll!") in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt 🙂
Alkrendon is an mammal, though some may have mistaken him for some weird bird or just… something weird.
Anyway, did you come up with some kind of new animal lately?
-
Andrew replied to the topic "Salvete!" (Or translated – "Hi ya'll!") in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@evelyn @nuetrobolt @wordsmith
Hi again! I know it was a long time since I responded, but I’m back.
In one of my stories right now, it is being filling with dozens of types of creatures… some of them such as dragons, phoenixes, and griffins I already had in mind, but there are other ones I made up myself.
The main character is Alkrendon, a…[Read more]
-
Anna Marie replied to the topic Greetings and Salutations! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt Yes, Alex is great: Who else would compare snow to ” dandruff falling from the sky”?
@scribbles Thanks for the welcome! I have learned Russian in school for a while so I’m fairly fluent. Listening and reading the language is much easier than speaking it; though 😃
-
Gabrielle Pollack replied to the topic To Resurrect or Not to Resurrect in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt I don’t either. XD It is usually the easy way out. Hmm, unless I made the resurrection worse than staying dead…
@elizabeth You hit the nail on the head. XD A consequence is something I’m missing. And I sort of omitted a large part of the story world when I wrote up that post so it wouldn’t be so long. XD Ace’s immortality is limited…[Read more]
-
Coralie replied to the topic Death Scene Battle in the forum Announcements 8 years, 4 months ago
@rolena-hatfield *weeps* Meee tooo!!
Yeah, this group is full of great ideas!!!
@pookiemonster made a good point: our days are dwindling. I listed out all of the ideas I found in the doc thus far and came up with seven ideas. So, if you guys want to go on over and take a vote, I think that would help get the ball rolling so we can start an…[Read more]
-
Rachel Rogers replied to the topic Fire Squirrel (short story) in the forum Critiques 8 years, 4 months ago
@corkybookworm That’s a lot of input…thank you! 🙂 A lot the things you commented on will make probably make more sense if you know that this was a 4-page assignment for Mythology class in college, and my professor only let me have 8 pages because I wheedled and cajoled, and she knew I would write it well enough that grading 8 of my pages…[Read more]
-
Anna Marie replied to the topic Greetings and Salutations! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@mariposa– That’s awesome! Aberdeen’s first post was so good I could gobble it up. Can’t wait to hear more from the best Authorosaurus in the world!
@nuetrobolt– Snow Day is a hilarious episode.
Alex Jefferson:Â Come on men! Are we warriors, or are we wimps?!
Everyone:Â We are wimps, sir!
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Why are some forums not appearing in Recent Activity? in the forum Guidelines & FAQ 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt This took me longer to fix than I wanted it to, but I think it’s finally working now! Let me know if you’re still seeing problems on your end. 🙂
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic 2018 Week 6 – Describing Emotions in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt, okay that’s fine. Maybe just sit back and watch your family, or some kids at the park or someone in the shopping center and try to discern what emotion they’re feeling by their gestures and facial expressions. Just… don’t be creepy. Or maybe… don’t get caught being creepy. lol
-
Rachel Rogers replied to the topic 2018 Week 6 – Describing Emotions in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt Welcome to Rillumen! *throws pecan leaves like confetti*
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Word War Form! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt A word war is a competition between two or more writers to see who can write the most words in a set amount of time. So last week we had a word war between all the guilds here at Story Embers. And our guild won 🙂 If they ever hold another word war between the guilds you can sign up to join! It’s super fun and motivating to get some…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Welcome to Rillumen! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 4 months ago
@corkybookworm By the way… Hello! I was out of town much of last week and never got in to say welcome to Rillumen! I’m super excited you’ve join us!
@nuetrobolt Hello there! I’m Rolena. I love muffins (particularly of the chocolate chip variety) and squirrels. Well now you know at least one person. 🙂 What’s your favorite dessert?
-
Coralie replied to the topic 2018 Week 6 – Describing Emotions in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt WELCOME! 😀 I’m no longer the most recent newbie! XD Glad to have you aboard! *mumbles to self* Now…who is this N.D. Wilson *reverts to Goodreads as ultimate source of information*
@brandon-miller I vote Rillumenites! It’s my favorite so far. 😀 And…interesting timing for the activity.
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Death Scene Battle in the forum Announcements 8 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys,
NEW GUILD WAR CHALLENGE! This time we’ve got two weeks to come up with the most emotional death scene we can write. Here’s the dirt:
Max words: 2,500
Due: 6/18/18
Topic: Death sceneSo, last time we did this we wrote two (really good) stories and ended up having to choose only one. Not only was it hard and sad, it also wasted ha…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic 2018 Week 6 – Describing Emotions in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 4 months ago
Hey Guys!
First off, some announcements, sad and happy.
You may have noticed, that AshlyVye has disappeared. Story Embers had a policy change on minimum forum age (for legal reasons), and she was a year shy. I do hear, however, that her birthday isn’t too far around the corner and hopefully she will return to us soon.
Now, happy, we have y…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic 2018 Week 5 – Lend a Helping Hand in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt, Coralie has the right idea. The critique topic is there for us to look over each others writing and provide feedback, and this activity is just “go do that.” Read someone’s stuff, and then let them know your honest thoughts.
-
Anna Marie replied to the topic Greetings and Salutations! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
Sorry, wrong tag;
@nuetrobolt: Yay, another Odyssey fan! Do you have a favorite episode?
@evelyn, @parker, @nuetrobolt, @theswordinthebook, and @mariposa: What are your summer plans?
-
Coralie replied to the topic 2018 Week 5 – Lend a Helping Hand in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt Hey howdy! Fancy meeting you here! 😀 From my best understanding you can head over to the Critique thread and find someone’s excerpt to read, provide feedback (specifically targeted at setting, I think), and then come back here and let everyone know who’s piece you worked on. 🙂 I hope this helps!
@scribbles Oh, whew! Good! XD I was…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic "Salvete!" (Or translated – "Hi ya'll!") in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@evelyn @nuetrobolt @wordsmith
Delago says you can come to the party anytime you want (though I know the monocle doesn’t), and there is always this special portal which you can use to go to the party. Delago has many other friends at the party too. And they are all very different. Aspen is weird, Walton will only be nice to people who are nice to…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Beware Fingerlings, the Ra'zac, and the ghastly Fangs of Dang! Hello! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
The party is always ready, so Delago suggests if you want to come, he’s always got this special time portal ready.
- Load More












