fb

Beware Fingerlings, the Ra'zac, and the ghastly Fangs of Dang! Hello!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Beware Fingerlings, the Ra'zac, and the ghastly Fangs of Dang! Hello!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Brink
    @nuetrobolt

I’m a shadeslayer, griffon trainer, and hydra defeater. I’m also a dragon rider (from Eragon by Christopher Paolini), a time walker (from Outlaws of Timeย by N.D. Wilson), a throne warden (from Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson), a portal linker (from my imagination), and an all around imaginer.

I live in a tree fort down the road from Trickle Creek with my tiny pet dragon, Vip (who happens to make it into a few of my stories). In my bedroom, you’ll find a sword called Brazagl, dragon diagrams, and a bookshelf with my favorite books all grouped in one section. In that section you’ll find 100 cupboards, Outlaws of Time, Wingfeather, Lord of the Rings, the Inheritance Cycle, Narnia, and more. <span style=”background-color: transparent; color: #333333; display: inline; float: none; font-family: Georgia,&quot; times new roman&quot;,&quot;bitstream charter&quot;,times,serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 24px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;”>*Pats Vip, who’s watching my writing intently*</span>

I know my bedroom door so well that it makes the perfect portal jumping off point (something you would only understand if you were a portal linker like myself). I can use it to jump to any door I know well enough, but if I want to travel further, I can jump to an old mansion I discovered that leads into all the worlds. Some of my most common places I use that door to travel to is The Tornado Islands, Wave Town (My personal city state), Castle DeLaquire, the ship the Sea Dragon, Chimney Hill at Ban Rona at the Green Hollows, and an old tattered house in Kansas whose attic wall contains 99 cupboards. My last, and most common place I travel to is my prison cell, hidden in the Great Grisly Forest. It is there I must go every night when the jail keeper comes to check up on me. (He doesn’t know I’m a portal linker). If I come late, then time walking kicks in, and I go back and do it right.

Yikes!

Sorry about that. I just had to run and put out a small fire Vip just set off. Its so hard to teach him that fireballs are unacceptable. *To Vip: “Naughty dragon”* So mischievous.

While I’m not battling gargoyles, taming griffons, dueling shades, fleeing Fangs, riding toothy cows, destroying rings, time walking, and traveling through portals, I’m a grade nine homeschool student who likes writing. (Not that I’ve written that much.) I (Vip would like me to mention his supreme help (his idea of help is to laze about and cause trouble while I do all the work. *Sigh,* Pets.)) have written a bunch of shortish stories (all too long for the short story contest) and am almost completed a novel. (I won’t mention the many dumb children’s stories I’ve written.) I have a problem with sticking with stories, and tend to jump around from story to story and sometimes come back later to old ones, sometimes (sadly) not.

Well, that’s about me.

Argentlam Farswingger, Throne warden of Anniera (Joseph Brink)

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Evelyn
    @evelyn

Welcome! @nuetrobolt I think your bookshelf and literary taste is awesome! I’m a huge fan of N.D. Wilson and his books, I love LOTR and Narnia, as well as the Inheritance series, and Andrew Peterson’s books (and his music too!) Wish I could meet Vip. He sounds mischievous but fun. Keep him out of trouble. Warn him of the toothy cows I’ve been seeing around and the Fingerlings, though I think there aren’t any of them left, and the Ra’zac of whom I am almost completely certain are still around due to some over-looked eggs underneath the cities in the priests tunnels.

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

I’ll warn him. I like Andrew Peterson’s music too. Did you know there are toothy cows in the Bible? Yep, in Genesis 41. The skinny cows must be toothy cows. How else could they be carnivorous?

Well, gotta go. I’ve got a ring to destroy and a dragon to care for. (He’s getting grumpy. Better get him in bed.)

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

Vip says he doesn’t worry about toothy cows, fingerlings, or ra’zac. He wanted me to tell you that he eats snickbuzzards for breakfast. Bragger!

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

…was that an Eragon reference in your title? We’re friends now.

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@nuetrobolt That’s great! Vip sounds very confident in himself but I’m scared he doesn’t understand the danger and may just be bragging. Well, snickbuzzards for breakfast is impressive… I wonder if they even taste good?

But wow. Toothy cows in the Bible? I should have picked up on that! Amazing! Well it makes sense I guess and wasn’t that a prophecy too? Well if you happen to own seven fat heathy cows, tell them to look out for seven toothy cows… they could be right around the next river bend. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Evelyn.
    Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@evelynย  He doesn’t actually. Vip just brags. A lot.

@Elizabeth
    ย  Yes, that was. Those are good books! The other two creatures wer from 100 cupboards and the Wingfeather Saga.

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@nuetrobolt ๐Ÿ˜€ Welcome to Story Embers!

*slashes at Ra’zac with Zar’roc*

๐Ÿ˜€ It’s wonderful to see Vip here… intriguingly enough, I also have a pet dragon, whose name is Stan. Stan is what you’d call a runt, I guess—

OW, STAN, IT’S TRUE — OW!

As I was saying. The other dragons threw him out of the nest for being small as a hatchling. So I rescued him and he’s still small – his wings aren’t big enough to support him in flight yet either.

Great taste in literature, by the way. The Inheritance Cycle and all of N.D. Wilson’s books are favorites of mine. I keep meaning to get the Wingfeather Saga, but I currently have so many books waiting to be read…

Your portal linker idea sounds awesome. Is it easier to link to places that you know very well, was that what theย  bedroom door was about?

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

He sounds a bit like Vip. I hope Stan isn’t as mischievous as Vip is.

I have to link places I know, so I can only go to places I’ve been before. The better I know it the easier it is. I have my bedroom door completely memorized, so at any time I can easily go to my bedroom.

Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

@nuetrobolt Welcome! (Though I think you might have joined before me.) Actually, your link-y-ness sounds very similar to something that I have in my WIP. Expect in mine, you have to have a door on both your side, and the other side you want to go to, and a magic key.

But really, the reason I wanted to welcome you is because I FINISHED THE WINGFEATHER SAGA YESTERDAY AND OH MY POOR HEART! (You were the first person I saw that mentioned it and I wanted to rant.) My heart is shattered upon the rocks of Andrew Peterson’s pen. Why was I not warned?! (*Ignores the fact that I was, in actuality, warned this series would break my heart*) I can’t believe it ended like that! I literally cried for 10 minutes in the corner after finishing the last book. Oh my poor heart.

The cake is a lie. acaylor.com

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

You have to have two doors to connect in mine too, though! That’s funny that we both thought of similar things. I have no keys, though.

I just recently finished book three, but I love it so far! I actually haven’t finished it, because I don’t have the last book, but, just today, I realized one of my friends at church has it, and he will bring it in the afternoon for me to borrow. So, I’ll read it soon. It’s really sad? I was sad when Kalmar made those horrible choices and became a grey fang, but I guess it gets a lot worse!

But you do like it, right?

Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

@nuetrobolt *Smacks forehead* I had assumed that since you mentioned it you had finished the series and… ugh. Sorry.

I did like it a lot! I sympathize so much with Janner, especially as an oldest sibling. Even as I think “Ah, Janner, why would you say/do that to Kalmar?” I remember doing those things myself, or can easily see myself doing it to my younger siblings. I love it how whatever POV character you are seeing currently when they do something wrong you can see that it is wrong, but imagine yourself making that same choice. Does that make sense?

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

Its okay. It didn’t give anything away as I don’t know what was heart breaking.

Yes, that does make sense. It must be hard to be a throne warden.

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@princess-foo

Now I finished the Wingfeather Saga! It is… everything you said above. I was shocked after finishing it!

I quoted part of what you said to describe how I felt about it to a friend. (in the manner of Oskar N. Reteep.) Hope that’s ok!

Princess Foo
    @princess-foo

@nuetrobolt Oh the feels! Yes, it’s fine you quoted me ๐Ÿ™‚ What part did you quote?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest