Greetings and Salutations!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Greetings and Salutations!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Anna Marie
    @annamarieoriginal

Hey, everyone!

My name’s Anna Marie, and I’m a 15 year old living overseas in Russia. My mom’s American and my dad’s Russian, so living here has been an eye-opening cultural experience.

I fell in love with reading and writing before first grade, and it has continued to be a creative aspiration in my life. I am grateful to have had supportive teachers to encourage me in my writing journey. I love writing non-fiction essays and articles, and this year I want to grow my passion for crafting short stories. I’m a recent homeschool convert, and I’m excited for this opportunity to my writing skills. Besides writing, I enjoy listening to “Adventures in Odyssey” (Connie’s my favorite!), reading the “Anne of Green Gables” series, cleaning my room, and being outdoors with my friends. I’m delighted to be a part of the Story Embers community, and I’m sure I’ll see you around the Forum and the Guilds!

~Anna Marie
      "Write the book you want to read." -Austin Kleon

Parker Hankins
      @parker

@annamarieoriginal, Welcome! I glad you joined us. I like ‘Adventures in Odyssey’ too. Connie is my favorite along with Jason Whiticker.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Anna Marie
      @annamarieoriginal

Thanks, @parker! I love Jason too, especially in “A Name, Not a Number,” parts 1 and 2. I really admire the whole Odyssey team for their skill in perfectly melding humor, interesting plots, relatable characters, and a Christian worldview into audio bliss. What genres do you write in and what project are you currently working on (if you can reveal it)?

~Anna Marie

Evelyn
        @evelyn

Hi @annamarieoriginal! I’m glad to meet you! Welcome to Story Embers!

I’m a homeschooler too! (though I have been all my life) Welcome to the party!!! *throws confetti and starts some music… throws free pizza and ice-cream*

Anna Marie
        @annamarieoriginal

Thanks for replying, @evelyn!

*ravenously gobbles the ice cream and pizza* I saw the Van Gogh painting you did on your blog; it turned out super well! What is the most recent movie you’ve seen?

~Anna Marie

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@annamarieoriginal Thanks! 🙂

The most recent movie I saw was “Jason Bourne,” which was fun. 🙂

What about you? And what was the most recent book you have read?

Anna Marie
          @annamarieoriginal

The most recent movie I saw (and I’m still trying to rewatch with my mom) is the musical “Newsies,” live on stage. I love the music, the acting, the dancing, the choreography! I could go on, but the book I’m currently reading is “Anne’s House of Dreams” by L. M. Montgomery.

~Anna Marie

Anna Marie
            @annamarieoriginal

@evelyn and @parker, what was your very first piece of writing?

~Anna Marie

Evelyn
              @evelyn

@annamarieoriginal Nice! I’ve never seen that movie! I like musicals though!

My first story I wrote was probably from when I was five. XD It was about a prince, a princess, a “Qeen” (Queen), and a snake. It was three sentences long and nothing really happened in it, but it’s hilarious to read. =)

What about you?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Evelyn.
              luciusbraun
              @theswordinthebook

Another homeschooler?? Yay! I too am a fellow homeschooler, though I have been doing it since I was five, now I’m fourteen. @annamarieoriginal What is your favorite part about Russia?

ISTP. Check out my art instagram @smudge_viel Fueled by my family, friends, and lots of tea.

Anna Marie
                @annamarieoriginal

@evelyn Awww, I love the way five year olds think. I wrote my first story when I was about eight; it was about a bunny who was a really fast runner, but she stole carrots from farmers and tricked people at competitions. Her bunny-friend Betsie invites her to church, where the bunny sleeps through the sermon, but is then visited by an angel who breaks out in song. XD It was really long, too….

@theswordinthebook
                  Thanks for replying! The best thing about living in Russia would probably be all of the various  themed festivals (from acapella festivals to “Fish Week”!) that are held in the city. Everything is decorated beautifully, and there is always a museum to visit or a park to go to.

~Anna Marie

Evelyn
                  @evelyn

@annamarieoriginal Yes! I agree! I love hearing about the stories of little kids… it’s amazing. =)

Warden
                  @nuetrobolt

@annamarieoriginal, I also homeschool, and I also love Adventures in Odyssey. I like Eugene and Connie both best, I think.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Mariposa Aristeo
                  @mariposa

@annamarieoriginal Hi! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosaurus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur), are happy you’re here! 🦖🙂

What’s your personality type? 🙂

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Parker Hankins
                  @parker

@annamarieoriginal

My first piece of writing was a book I almost finished. I just needed to write two more chapters. It was horrible being my first piece and not reading anything good at the time.

I’m bad at making short stories really long.

Yes, Adventures in Odyssey is great in the way they put everything together.

I write mystery and thriller. I’m currently working on five books. *People gasping and wondering what I’m thinking.* Yes! Five books. Two are in the editing process and three others I’m writing. Three of my books are part of a series and the other two will make series of their own. Three are family mysteries and adventures, one is a thriller, and another is a Western or cowboy mystery.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest