-
Andrew replied to the topic CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt, your villain sounds very interesting. Its not ordinary that villains are nice like that. The protagonist, you said, was all amazing and great, right? There’s nothing bad with that, but try to give him a few weaknesses if you haven’t to make him seem more realistic. 🙂 And the people you said all around him are frail and foolish, t…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Welcome to Rillumen! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 3 months ago
Thanks! I’ve figured a lot out recently… and think I have most all my questions answered… except for the guild wars… I’d like to be a part of that.
-
Brandon Miller started the topic 2018 Week 10 – Break in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 3 months ago
Hey Guys,
I’m working on some other stuff today so we’re gonna take a well-earned break from activities this week. (If you’re feeling let down, you could always swing by the critique board and help a fellow Lumenite out.)
Also, one of the things I’m working on is a guild feedback form so keep your eyes out for…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic N.D. Wilson in the forum Story Analysis 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt Hey, nice to see you here!
Yes! I have read every single one of ND’s fiction books. He’s not my favorite but among my top five.
-
Lynn Renard replied to the topic (Re)Introducing Characters in the forum Critiques 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt Thank you! It gets the job done, I suppose. I would like to do something better than just “good,” though. 😉
-
Brandon Miller started the topic 2018 Week 9 – Opening Detail in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 3 months ago
Hey Guys
Um… no announcements today.
Cool.
And the assignment I have in mind is pretty chill too. I want to try to keep making these so that they help you write your WIP (is that what you guys want, or do you want a weekly break from your WIP?) so… this week we’re literally going to write your WIP.
Go to your first scene. That opening s…[Read more]
-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Post the first paragraph of your WIP here and get feedback in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt It’s not particularly clear that the majority of the story is the book he’s reading. Does Edward become more important later on? Is part of the book his story and part of it Philip’s? Or is it just Philip’s after the pre-prologue?
-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Post the first paragraph of your WIP here and get feedback in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt I’ll copy the line and then put my edit in italics. (I’m used to commenting on a document where I can comment on specific lines, so this might not be the most efficient way to do this. XP) There are a lot of them, but most of the changes are pretty minor. A lot of the edits are just altered punctuation or capitalization.
He picked up…[Read more]
-
ESJohnson replied to the topic Post the first paragraph of your WIP here and get feedback in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt interesting premise! I like how deeply historical it is, cause I’m a total sucker for HF. And no, it’s just the first paragraph. 😉
-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Post the first paragraph of your WIP here and get feedback in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt No, just the first few paragraphs of the first chapters. My first chapter is a lot longer than that. XD
I really like your pieces! You have a lot of grammatical errors and a couple of misspelled words, but the visuals and description are really well-done. I would definitely keep reading. 🙂
-
Brandon Miller started the topic 2018 Week 8 – Description Video in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 3 months ago
Hey Guys!
How was the week without me? Seems like Rolena did a fantastic job of keeping everything rolling smoothly. (Big shoutout to her for that.)
We have three new members (yay!)
@star, @graceabounds2129 and @wordsmith
y’all know how to give them a proper welcome.
Finally, this week’s activity is easy.
yay
I found this great K.M. We…[Read more]
-
NCStokes replied to the topic Book Recommendations??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt I LOVE Oskar! He’s one of my favorite characters. I love to throw quotes into conversations when I remember them. 😀
-
NCStokes replied to the topic Book Recommendations??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt Thank you! Nice username, btw. I’m a Throne Warden as well. 🙂
-
Coralie replied to the topic 2018 Week 7 – Death Scene Details in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 3 months ago
Hey, guys, so I know you have all been popping in and out of the doc. I finished a draft of the story, but I kind of stink at endings. What do you guys think? Do you have any changes you want to make or is there anything you don’t like? Can you think of a better…[Read more]
-
The Golden Light replied to the topic Book Recommendations??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Hi! @nuetrobolt, @evelyn, @r-m-archer, @corkybookworm, @Samuel
Thanks so much!!!
Thorne Warden, I haven’t read any of those books! (Though I keep hearing about Eragon, I saw the movie but I heard the book was a lot better, :D).
Haha, Evelyn (one of my friends really likes the Book Thief too and it is also her favorite, so I won’t judge) and I…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack replied to the topic To Resurrect or Not to Resurrect in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kate *hands you something sweet like cake to balance it out. Strawberry cake*
@nuetrobolt of course XD
@sam-kowal I do like the idea of Ace fearing death. It would make sense after spending so much time with immortality. And, if I do follow through with the resurrection, I’ll be thinking of what consequences (like Ace losing his immorality) I…[Read more]
-
Cassie Hartfinh replied to the topic Ragamuffin in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt Oh, cool! I like those ones too!
-
Cassie Hartfinh replied to the topic Ragamuffin in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt Yes, there is! It’s PG-13 though, because the stuff he goes through is harder for younger kids to swallow. But it’s a great account of his life and experiences. Ragamuffin is by Color Green Films, which I assume was named after one of his songs, The Color Green (also one of my faves).
What are your favorite songs by Rich Mullins?…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield started the topic 2018 Week 7 – Death Scene Details in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 4 months ago
Hey Rillumenites!
It just so happens that our beloved guildmaster is away for the week (doing many exciting, writerly things). So, a thousand pardons, but y’all will have to put up with me again. 🙂 So if you have any questions over the week, go ahead and direct ’em my way.
This week’s activity will be simple since we’re working hard to finish…[Read more]
-
Joseph Kolapudi replied to the topic Introductions… in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 4 months ago
@nuetrobolt Mine are coming along ok so far 🙂
- Load More












