CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forums Fiction Characters CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Just for fun, but if you have a funny, interesting, or whatever character you’ve recently come up with… well, what are they?! (I don’t mean to be nosy or anything, but I’d be very interested to learn about them). Characters are so fun come up with!

But if you do happen to have a character who seems sort of bland, I can help you with that. If you have a dark cliché villain or something, just give him a couple funny characteristics that will… well,make him not cliché. If the villain was very tough and all that, you could have him be very fond of roses, paint pictures of random things, pet little puppies when people aren’t around, etc.

But anyway, have fun creating your characters, whatever they may be!

Tagging some people: @the-fledgling-artist, @jenwriter17, @neutrobolt, @evelyn, @mariposa.

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Warden
      @nuetrobolt

@andrew, the main character of my current novel is this guy who loves talking/thinking about his favorite books (just like me), which is an extremely dumb series where the main character is super amazing and everyone else is frail and foolish.

Does this sound dumb? This series that my MC loves doesn’t really affect the story that much, though it does affect my MC quite a bit. I thought it might be funny (if I do it well), but, I would love thoughts on this.

I also have a character who is always trying to teach people a lesson, and from everything he tries to draw out a moral, which are usually rather far-fetched.

In a later book I have planned, I have imagined a villain who seems  super nice, yet he is the main antagonist. He’s trying to take over the world (like everyvillain), but he does it in a super nice way, and he seems like his actions are justified. He helps the main characters after they just shot him (with a gun he had given them previously), and basically, he seems way nicer than the heroes. I want the reader’s heart to be broken when this kind villain dies.

Sounds interesting? My brother (who doesn’t write) thinks that sounds horrible, and says he would never read that book. (I know he actually would.)

What characters do you have?

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Evelyn
      @evelyn

(Lol, that’s a lot of exclamation marks. XD)

Anyways…

@andrew
      The most recent character I came up with is named Katarina who is the MC for a fantasy short story I’m writing called “In Search of Light.”

She’s an orphan but lives with her only living relative – her Grandmother who is sick. In the story she learns about “the Light of the Creator” and how she can reflect that for others through love.

What about you? What characters have you made up recently?

The Fledgling Artist
      @the-fledgling-artist

@andrew Most of my characters are for stories with more serious tones, so they aren’t as quirky as your characters. But now I feel inspired  to make them a little more unique and quirky. 🙂

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

@nuetrobolt, your villain sounds very interesting. Its not ordinary that villains are nice like that. The protagonist, you said, was all amazing and great, right? There’s nothing bad with that, but try to give him a few weaknesses if you haven’t  to make him seem more realistic. 🙂 And the people you said all around him are frail and foolish, there’s nothing wrong with that either. But you could maybe (if you didn’t already) have a variety of many different people of how they act and do things. Some people might be all foolish and frail, some might be grumpy all the time, some might be all bubbly and happy, and some people might just be downright crazy.

I hoped that helped.

@evelyn
        , I have made up many different characters recently, all of them in this story of mine which I call Opal of the Oak. But some of the ones I have really been thinking about were Peirce, Velraider, and Chesna. Peirce living in the wild with this special ‘opal-power,’ often talks to her cardinals. She’s generally nice unless its someone she doesn’t like, strong and smart of the ways of the wild, but somewhat clueless about how humans actually act, even though she had made trips to town before to get news items, getting a new dress when possible. She collects stuff and puts it in her stick-made basket, which she uses to trade, also.

Velraider is extremely strict about everything, and if he even spots a scratch (and that scratch is on something he treasures) the person who did it is likely to be executed. He owns a huge mansion, hiring all the perfect people. He is all about perfection, which you may be guessing…

But onto the next character, Chesna, she is somewhat shy. She is often found painting or even singing alone. She consumes the walls in paintings, in fact. Once she even secretly painted a picture of a man (though who knows how she would react if that man saw it). She would probably hide or something.

But that’s just those characters, I have some other characters which I was just recently planning for the story, too. 🙂

@the-fledgling-artist
        , thanks. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Evelyn
        @evelyn

@andrew Cool! Hearing about your characters makes me want to read a story about them. 🙂

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17

@andrew I do have a this one really quirky character. maybe a little TOO quirky. 😉 Her name is Danni (short for Danielle), and the weirdest thing about her is that she eats strange food combinations. Like mustard on scrambled eggs, chocolate pudding and cottage cheese, and enchilada sauce on spaghetti. 😛

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
        www.jennaterese.com

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@evelyn, thank you! And by the way, your story sounds really good too! Does this story have a villain or is it more one of those peaceful yet still very interesting stories?

@jenwriter17
          , yeah, that character sure sounds really interesting too! She’s a food monster!

I only ate this once, but I still remember eating a sandwich with just ketchup and potato chips on it. Yuck! Don’t you agree with the boldfaced ‘yuck’? I don’t know how I could have eaten that.

But I do eat peanut butter bread with pretzels on it. (Most of my siblings thinks its weird except for maybe one or two), but it does actually taste good. Though most people probably don’t do that.

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@jenwriter17 Lol, Just saying. XD I put ground mustard in my scrambled eggs. And it’s amazing! … and pudding and cottage cheese doesn’t sound to bad! XD

@andrew
          My story does have a “villain,” but he’s in the background because this story is mainly about internal struggles. (Katarina is battling against her human tendencies and her sin.)

Does your story have a villain?

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

@evelyn, cool!

My story does have a villain: Velraider the strictest person in the world of Alprome!

I’m writing some other little individual stories, but this one is longer and is how the Haxington family got their special power.

But does your story take place in this world, or does it take place in a fantasy world or totally something?

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17

@evelyn Well, it sounds like you and Danni would be best friends 😉

@andrew
            ketchup and potato chip sandwich…that’s….interesting. Can’t say I’d try it though 😉 Peanut butter and pretzels sounds awesome!!!

www.jennaterese.com

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

@jenwriter17, sometimes me and my siblings might go into the kitchen (rarely, but we still do it) and make a cooking competition. Sometimes Mom let’s us do it, but other times she might not know, and then when she knows, she usually says something like this, “What are you doing?”

And then of course one of my siblings might say something like, “But Hope said we could.”

I’m not making this up *laughs over funny fact.*

I ate some pretty interesting foods from that food competition. *laughs inside my head*

Jenna Terese
              @jenwriter17

@andrew Haha, that sounds like fun! 😀

www.jennaterese.com

Andrew Schmidt
              @andrew

@jenwriter17, yeah, I even made up some recipes, though they’re pretty simple. One of them is of ‘candy oranges’ which are like fried oranges with sugar on them. It may not sound very good, but… another one of them is ‘cinnamon cookies’ which is a fried cookie that we cover with cinnamon sugar, and it tastes awesome. Then there’s also a lot of other ones. Once I melted some candy, and it flavored the water and changed the color of the water (maybe adding a little sugar is necessary) and that also tasted good. It almost tasted like kool-aid.

Warden
                @nuetrobolt

@andrew, no, none of my protagonists are amazing. They are all weak (ok, some get somewhat amazing as the story goes on.) My current protagonist has a serious wound on his back and arm that he’s trying to keep hidden, even though it hinders all his actions. No, my MC likes reading about this super amazing guy. Sorry if that was confusing.

@jenwriter17
                my Opa (dutch for grandpa) combines all his food. He eats juice with yogurt, chips and a burger patty and coleslaw and potato salad with his salad, eats noodles with yogurt, plain noodles on crackers, juice with milk, and once he put fried eggs in the oatmeal. Very strange.

So Danni doesn’t sound that far-fetched.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest