fb

Ragamuffin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

So, I just watched this movie titled Ragamuffin. It’s about the life of Rich Mullins, one of the greatest Christian artists of the 80’s and 90’s. Throughout the biography, Mullins is constantly struggling with self-esteem and depression, and often falls into bad habits to try and alleviate his pain. But he also transfers his struggles into the messages of his music, and through that, and the people around him, he discovers new and deeper layers of his relationship with God. During the entire story, he’s shown to be a ragamuffin, someone who struggles with imperfection but strives to grow closer to Jesus anyway.

I feel like that’s what I want to convey in my writing. Growth through imperfection. I just don’t know exactly how yet, aside from writing an autobiography. Like Mullins, I also struggle a lot with depression and its side effects. Does anybody think it would be a good idea for me to write an autobiography? Would it help me to write better, with more feeling and depth?

PS, everybody check out Rich Mullins on Youtube. He’s not known as much as he should be anymore.

Ahyek nahd feltin'or rempak.
    I'm not promising anything.

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@cassie-hartfinh, I loveĀ  Rich Mullin’s music! I didn’t know there was a movie about him!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@nuetrobolt Yes, there is! It’s PG-13 though, because the stuff he goes through is harder for younger kids to swallow. But it’s a great account of his life and experiences. Ragamuffin is by Color Green Films, which I assume was named after one of his songs, The Color Green (also one of my faves).

What are your favorite songs by Rich Mullins? Mine, besides the aforementioned, are “78 Eatonwood Green”, “Calling Out Your Name”, “Creed”, “52:10”, and “Peace”.

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@cassie-hartfinh, I like We Are Stronger Than We Think We Are, Step By Step, and some others.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Cassie Hartfinh
    @cassie-hartfinh

@nuetrobolt Oh, cool! I like those ones too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest