-
Jane Maree replied to the topic The Legends and Lore of Meraki in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@ryker-dawson
@warrioroftherealmBEHOLD THE MERAKI EMBLEM!!!
(design copyright e-b-raulands, art copyright Sarah Louise)
-
E.B. Raulands replied to the topic The Legends and Lore of Meraki in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@jane-maree, @caleb-e-king, @parker
I’m so glad you guys liked the logo! 😀 And Sarah did such an amazing job with it! *can’t stop smiling* -
E.B. Raulands replied to the topic The Legends and Lore of Meraki in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@jane-maree
Thank-you so much! I’ve never tried uploading a photo before, so the ULR request was a bit confusing. XDOkay, so here’s an idea I had for a possible emblem/logo.

The figure in the middle is supposed to be a meerkat holding a quill in its paws. Behind the meerkat is a rising sun that has a surprising resemblance to a cheese pizza…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR – write, write, write! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
THE ANNOUNCEMENT HAS COME THROUGH. We didn’t win…BUT WE PUT OUR BEST EFFORT INTO IT. *throws a lot of confetti*
Rillumen: 39,179
Meraki: 36,485 (and 1/2 xD)
Erekdale: 36,232
Avensbeck: 23,549
New Wessex: 20,961
Parimi Alca: 17,406Again, great work everyone!! Thank you for being enthusiastic…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Mona Lisa Comedy! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
-
Dakota replied to the topic Lyrical Poems are Welcome here! in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@nuetrobolt @evelyn @jane-maree @libby @ericawordsmith @andrew @jenwriter17 @parker @the-fledgling-artist @serenity @carolyn-matthews @katthewriter @jillifish @caleb-e-king
This one I wrote a couple years ago. I’ve revised it some since then but it is still one of my personal favorites. . . “The Almighty”
(V1) Have you consider…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Mona Lisa Comedy! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
The word war has only just finished (though the winners haven’t been worked out yet because we’re still collecting word counts) but THE NEXT PROMPT WAR HAS ALREADY BEGUN.
And guys
I’m excited for this.
The prompt: write a comedy based on the Mona Lisa
The dates: Monday 1st – Monday 15th
I’m not the judge this time, so I’ll be here to…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic The Legends and Lore of Meraki in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
I’m going to be honest with you: I put off doing this topic for a long time for no good reason at all, but NOW I’M FINALLY DOING IT.
Basically…we’re going to develop a fictional world for our guild.
I personally thought “wow, this won’t help us write more words.” and while that is completely true, it still isn’t totally useless. I think we…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR – write, write, write! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@caleb-e-king Not too late! I’ll probably only send them in as soon as I’m confident everyone’s shared theirs. 😉
@e-b-raulands Woot! Eight hundred is still great! 😀
@brooka3 That’s totally okay, girl! I’m glad you got to write even that tiny bit. ❤
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 18} PROSE RECAP + Intro to our next topic! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
It’s been 18 weeks since the first time I wrote up a guild lesson/discussion post all the way back in June.
And now I have officially exhausted my internal list of things to cover under the guise of prose, so we’re going to move on to a NEW topic! Before that, I’m going to quickly recap everything we’ve done to do with prose so far. I have full…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR – write, write, write! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Great job everyone!! Even the tiniest bit will count to the overall number. 😀
If you haven’t shared your word count yet, hop on over so we can add out numbers together!
*goes to add up my own…[Read more]
-
E.B. Raulands replied to the topic Star Wars: The Last Jedi in the forum Story Analysis 8 years ago
@jane-maree, @caleb-e-king
Okay, so here are some thoughts about Finn’s character’s arc I’d like to bounce off you and see what you think about them. (Sorry it took a little while to get them on here.)
(1) Finn’s character change is from disinterest/selfishness to commitment/selflessness. VIII picks up from where VII left off in that Finn still…[Read more] -
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 17} Writing from the POV of the Opposite Gender in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
Writing from the POV (point of view) of someone of the opposite gender can be challenging to do realistically, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. If you’re a girl, writing from a girl’s perspective will naturally come easier simply because girls know how girls think. And vice versa for dudes. However, sometimes you don’t want to write fro…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR – write, write, write! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
PIZZA ALL AROUND
Anyway, Daeus still hasn’t made an official announcement, and I’m impatient so HERE’S THE DOC WITH THE JUDGE COMMENTS AND ALL THE OTHER SUBMISSIONS TOO.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y0wO4a23Ft-Gh6R87FmvVV19MgCj4ldlv4kMEYRsjH4/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you guys SO MUCH for all the work you put into this. Awesome job…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
EEEEEEK GUYS I TOLD YOU YOU HAD THIS! *hi-fives all around* YOU DID A STELLAR JOB AND AHHHH, YASSSSSSSS! *claps crazily*
YOU WOOOOON! *flails* Thanks for being an awesome guild for me to help out! You did awesomely, and I’m so proud of you! (Plus, you stopped me from being killed by Jane, so, woot!)
But beware…next war, there will be no…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@faith_blum
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@ryker-dawson
@warrioroftherealmGUYS GUYS GUYYYYYSS
YOU WON THE WAR
YOU DID IT
I’M SO PROUD
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Star Wars: The Last Jedi in the forum Story Analysis 8 years ago
@caleb-e-king As soon as Rose saved him I was like “Nooo Rose you just ruined his character development how could you” xD
Personally Rose was actually just really random, in my view. Don’t quote me on this, but it stuck me as the directors saying “Oh, we need another strong female character in this movie or it won’t sell”
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Hey guys! I’ve submitted the entry, and hopefully we’ll hear back soon about how stellar you were! *hi-fives everyone* Loved getting to hang out with you guys. You’re all geniuses. The lot of…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 16} Your Turn! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
Okay, I’m not going to lie, I had a bit of a mental scream when I realised it was almost 6 pm (in my timezone) and I hadn’t written the week’s topic yet. I brainstormed ideas and came up with a whole lot of nothing much.
And so here I am. And this week I’m
being lazyasking you guys for some feedback!– Am I doing okay with our weekly topics?
-…[Read more] - Load More












