@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Rochellaine replied to the topic For All The Historical Fictioners in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 3 months ago
Hey everyone, I have a historical question that I’ve been wondering about. Do any of you know the answers? @seekjustice @valtmy @samantha-pen @selah-chelyah @ashira @the-inkspiller @lrc (I know there are a couple other people who visit this topic, but I can’t remember anyone else’s tag at the moment. So I’ll just tag @everyone 😛 )
I’ve re…[Read more]
-
LRC replied to the topic For All The Historical Fictioners in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 3 months ago
Hi, Inkspiller! Nice to meet you too! Thanks, I’ll add you my list of contacts for future dart-throwing. 😀 (Great analogy by the way.)
Yes, I have read The Black Arrow, and it’s pretty good! Honestly it’s one of the few good books set in that time period, at least that I’ve read. Most others have inappropriate stuff in them…[Read more]
-
E. Grace replied to the topic June 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 3 months ago
@sageinthemeadow That’s good! Hope your goals will work out even better this week. 🙂
–
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @warrenluther04 @lydia-writes @seekjustice @ro…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo started the topic Prompt War: Beauty in the Ordinary in the forum Announcements 7 years, 3 months ago
It’s that time of the month again! Where we gather together and raise our pens in determination! To battle! This month’s prompt is “Write a story where you bring out the beauty of something ordinary in the middle of a very dramatic setting” which… wow. That sounds tough.
Here is the brainstorm doc. We can also brainstorm in the chat.
This…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 3 months ago
@catwing @hope-ann @allison-grace @emgc @enu @princess-foo @seekjustice @karthmin @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @the-inkspiller @filewriter @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @warrenluther04 @lydia-writes @rose-noblescroll @thetessinator @briannajean @norella-novik @morreafirebird @sageinthemeadow @kelly-lundgren
-
Martin Detwiler started the topic Week 14: Writing Life; Self vs. Traditional Publishing (Daeus, Jane, Faith) in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 3 months ago
Hello Ereki!
Sorry for the lateness. But here is this week’s discussion piece! Without further ado:
Self Publishing vs Traditional Publishing
I think it’s safe to say that most writers have a ‘one day’ dream of getting published: having your book on the shelves of total strangers and sharing your story with the world.
But there’s always…[Read more]
-
E. Grace started the topic June 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 3 months ago
All right, after a well-enjoyed vacation, I’m back and ready to get back into things here! THANK YOU, @seekjustice, for covering for me while I was gone! I hope all of your goals went well last week. 🙂
What are your goals for this new week in the already-not-so-new month of June?
Let’s see…
— Get ready for cousins’ visit
— Finish the…[Read more]
-
K.M. Small started the topic A Confusing Post to Eliminate Confusion in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 3 months ago
Hey Ereki! I’m making some changes with my pen name and wanted to have a quick post to eliminate any confusion.
I’ll keep this short: I’m changing my pen name. Or more accurately, getting rid of it, since I’ve run into a lot of confusion in the past regarding my pen name versus my given name, especially at writers conferences and while marketing…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic May Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 3 months ago
@princess-foo *nods* Yeah, I should’ve tried to do more write-ins, but I was graduating too. Yay! 😛
Maybe if we keep trying we’ll be able to get more people to do it. I hope so at least. I’ll try to do more than just one next time. 😀
~~~~~
The Word War results are in!
New Wessex: 17,592
Knaphollow: 10,183
Erekdale: 9,481
Rillumen: 6,887
Parami…[Read more] -
WarrenLuther04 started the topic June 2019 Critique in the forum Critiques 7 years, 3 months ago
wOw. I’ve … been gone for awhile. *ponders in a corner*
But I’m back! Hi! *waves excitedly*
So for my June critique piece, I’d like to present the third chapter of my WIP. *throws confetti*
Please critique for:
– Show Don’t Tell: It’s hard for me.
– Interesting-ness: Does it intrigue you and pull you into the story more?…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic May Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
Has everyone turned in their word counts? If you haven’t yet, now would be a good time. 🙂
Also how do you think I’m doing as the Word Master. Is there something I could improve on?
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @karthmin @ke…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic May Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
*unvanishes* Kree! The word war ended yesterday! So be sure to turn in your word counts!
~~~~~
Here’s the form.
~~~~~
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @karthmin @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000
@warrenluth…[Read more] -
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic SE Contest Story in the forum Critiques 7 years, 4 months ago
@the-inkspiller
Thank you! I really appreciate all your honesty and feedback!On my end, it seems I overcorrected and over-edited quite a bit; in attempting to cut unnecessary “fluff,” I deleted characterization and backstory. Your suggestions made me realize I need to get back to the core of the story, more of who it’s about rather than what it’s…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic SE Contest Story in the forum Critiques 7 years, 4 months ago
Hey Ereki!
I just finished up some edits for my story for the SE contest, so I’m hoping to get some beta readers to look over it!
Below is the link to the google doc plus some specific things I’m looking for critique on. It’s fantasy, about 4k, and contains clean romance and mild blood and gore.
Thank you in advance to anyone who has time to…[Read more]
-
Devastate Lasting started the topic Short Story Contest Critique in the forum Critiques 7 years, 4 months ago
Hi everyone! Finally finished my piece for this year’s contest-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mtZTpHXWK3ol3g6pfp6kTIaPf76i5zsr/view?usp=sharing
Please don’t feel pressured to critique. Uh, for those of you who decide to, I’m looking for comments on everything: plot, characters, spelling, grammar, theme, etc, etc…
It’s not too long, maybe…[Read more]
-
Catwing started the topic May Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
*just relaxing and probably procrastinating on her book*
E-mail: *throws letters through the window and runs off* *letters fall around the room*
Me: …You made a mess… *starts looking through the letters* What?! How did I forget about this coming up! Well, it’s a day late anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~
*unvanishes in the guild hall sending papers flying…[Read more] -
Martin Detwiler started the topic Week 12: Writing Life; Why Do You Write? (Jess Penrose) in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 4 months ago
Ereki!
On vacation, so literally just copying and pasting.
Hope you all have an awesome week! I’m going to try to pop in a bit later on, but we’ll see.
+++
<b>Why Write</b>
If you’re reading this, the chances are pretty high that you’re a writer. But how often do you tend to stop and think about what it means for you to say that? Being a wri…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo started the topic The Results: Second Person in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
I summon thee, my battle warriors! The results of the prompt war are back! We got second place!
It looks like there wasn’t anything negative to say about our story, the…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 4 months ago
@ALL
My goodness! Those are some crazy dreams! XD Truly and certifiably insane, some of you. XD Just kidding – I’m a kettle calling pots black. But at least when it comes to dreams, I cannot even begin to match any of those. My dreams are so insanely boring and I so rarely remember them…
…yeah. Not even going to bother. 😛
I’d react to…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 4 months ago
@the-inkspiller I know I have a vivid imagination, I was saying I didn’t think it was overactive imagination. But after thinking about it more… I do have an overactive imagination. *nods*
That dream is pretty weird. XD
@karthmin …I’m not sure which is the craziest… or how you even measure that? So I’m just going to sum up one. It part…[Read more]
- Load More












