-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Character Story in the forum Characters 6 years, 8 months ago
@esmeralda-gramilton @urwen-starial
Ok, since you two are here.
Where do we want to locate our story?
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer started the topic Character Story in the forum Characters 6 years, 8 months ago
@abigail-rebekah @dakota @urwen-starial @naiya-dyani @banana-peacock-warrior @kayla-skywriter @w-o-holmes @sam-m @thewirelessblade @esmeralda-gramilton
Here’s the new thread for the story! 🙂
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Anybody need Character Help? in the forum Characters 6 years, 8 months ago
😆
@dakota @kayla-skywriter @urwen-starial @esmeralda-gramilton
*Sets down gavel and smiles* Thank you all for coming to this meeting.
I was just thinking of fun things we could all do to get to know each other and each other’s characters better.
I’ve kinda always liked the roleplaying idea, but it seems all the roleplays…[Read more]
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Anybody need Character Help? in the forum Characters 6 years, 8 months ago
@abigail-rebekah @dakota @urwen-starial @naiya-dyani @banana-peacock-warrior @kayla-skywriter @w-o-holmes @sam-m @thewirelessblade @esmeralda-gramilton
*bangs gavel* I would like to call a meeting of the Character people to discuss a new idea.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Telling Main Characters and Important Side Characters Apart in the forum Characters 6 years, 9 months ago
This is a very relatable problem. 😛
I think main characters are the ones that are central to the plot and the most fleshed out by the events of the story. Supporting characters may have complex motivations and personalities, but these are usually developed in relation to the main characters. While supporting characters…[Read more]
-
Naiya Dyani replied to the topic Tell me 'bout ya OC'S! in the forum Characters 6 years, 9 months ago
@esmeralda-gramilton *sparkle eyes* Specialty dragons! Wait, that sounded like something on a restaurant menu. . . (*digs through thesaurus to find another way to say that*)
Ha ha, and one of them shares a name with one of Veraza’s characters! I applaud your ability to come up with so many fantasy names. That’s always a bit of a struggle for me! 😅
-
Naiya Dyani replied to the topic Tell me 'bout ya OC'S! in the forum Characters 6 years, 9 months ago
@esmeralda-gramilton How about. . . Lyndira, Shayne, and Zarin?
(Also, can someone tell me exactly what an OC is? Like, I get what it basically is, but I have no clue what it stands for! 😅)
-
Naiya Dyani replied to the topic Character Mug Shots (Or, Why Your Character Was Arrested) in the forum Characters 6 years, 9 months ago
@esmeralda-gramilton Heh, I have a Lyndira character! XD I mean, technically he was in my list up there (
and may or may not have been arrested on false charges in my book), but ya know, he has that heart 😉 .Are your characters from the same WIP? It sounds like a full-on epic! 🙂
-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic Tell me 'bout ya OC'S! in the forum Characters 6 years, 9 months ago
Wow that’s a lot! *cannot decide and finally picks almost at random* How about Shayne and Xineta for starters?
-
Naiya Dyani started the topic Character Mug Shots (Or, Why Your Character Was Arrested) in the forum Characters 6 years, 9 months ago
Heh heh, time to develop your characters’ devious sides! 😀 Write an explanation for what your character was arrested for and why they did it. Feel free to have your characters arrested multiple times, if you wish! 😉 I’m sure I’ll do that. . .
To start off, here are a few of mine:
Grace: Arrested for murder; did it because someone took bullying…[Read more]
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Character memes in the forum Characters 6 years, 9 months ago
It was pretty fun.
As long as your dragons aren’t the bad kind they shouldn’t be in danger.
-
Urwen Starial started the topic Character memes in the forum Characters 6 years, 10 months ago
So. . . I’m looking to liven up my topics. . . so this seemed like a good chance. The gist, Write memes with your characters, best one wins. . . uh. . . *looks at smudged writing on hand* Hugs and coffee? Maybe? XD These can be common memes too, just rewritten with your characters. Have fun!
gonna tag some people. . . @naiya-dyani @banana-peacock-…[Read more]
-
Urwen Starial replied to the topic Artist looking for characters to sketch in the forum Art Discussions 6 years, 10 months ago
@esmeralda-gramilton, @banana-peacock-warrior, @emberynus-the-dragonslayer, @kayla-skywriter @naiya-dyani, @josiah @caseybold
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!! It makes me happy to have this much work/art stuff to do!!! Especially since these all sound like such great characters!!! As for everyone who responded to me, please tell me what style of art…[Read more]
-
Urwen Starial started the topic Artist looking for characters to sketch in the forum Art Discussions 6 years, 10 months ago
Hey guys! I am busy a lot, so there’s no guarantee that I can do a ton fast, but . . . I am looking for characters to draw, I’m in a mood, and want to draw someone’s characters, but not mine (which probably makes my poor characters very sad). If anyone, at all wants me to do some, that’d be nice, but feel free to go to the character art exchange…[Read more]
-
Olivia Lyndaker replied to the topic *Smiles shyly* Hi, want to be friends? in the forum Introduce Yourself 6 years, 11 months ago
@urwen-starial, @esmeralda-gramilton
Hello to both of you! I have only been on Story Embers for a few months myself, so I’m still figuring things out as well. 🙂 I hope you have friends who can show you how to do everything, like my friend did.
I like to write in fiction, partly because it’s easier to write in, and also just…[Read more]
-
Urwen Starial replied to the topic *Smiles shyly* Hi, want to be friends? in the forum Introduce Yourself 6 years, 11 months ago
@esmeralda-gramilton, Hi! Nice to see you on here.
What kind of genres do you write in?
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic *Smiles shyly* Hi, want to be friends? in the forum Introduce Yourself 6 years, 11 months ago
@esmeralda-gramilton Hi! It’s good to see so many new people coming to this writing community!!
So, advice. Well. . . first, I would advise you to read the manifesto if you haven’t already done that. You could also check out some of the writing resources that Story Embers offers.
Then you could create your own thread in ‘Introduce Yourself’ and…[Read more]












