So, I’ve never written a story about disappointment with the church but it’s something I’m familiar with. Like sparrowhawke said, I’m really glad someone wants to write about it! It’s definitely a topic that should be addressed in fiction.
I have had a bit of experience with writing about the church, only because I have a character in…[Read more]
Hi @candide !
I have not yet written this novel, but one of the stories of my heart is about young people hurt very seriously by the church, inspired by things I’ve witnessed and heard about in the past couple years. So I’m not sure if I have any real advice to give on the topic, but I’m really excited that someone is writing and thinking about…[Read more]
@candide Aw! I love The Chronicles of Narnia! 😍 What’s your favorite book in the series?
That book by Adélia Prado sounds beautiful! I’ll have to look into it. 😀
It’s The Horse and his boy. I’ve read it four times.
You can read some poems of her here: http://www.recoveringwords.com/site/for-easter-monday-a-post-from-easter-monday-six-years-ago-a-god-who-eats-words-the-devotional-poems-of-adelia-luzia-prado-freitas
*nods* A good thing to think about, and a good thing to do. I’ve known two women in particular who I wouldn’t hesitate to call godly. My mother, and my granny who passed away recently. If everyone in the world patterned their lives after mama’s and granny’s, the world would be a much better place.
Tag me if you end up writing and…[Read more]
These are for Ruby
1) Where would their ideal vacay be–the beach, the mountains, or a city (e.g. Paris, Rome)?
I think I’d go to the city of light, Valeria. It’s in the Mother Realm: Valeria, and I’ve hear…[Read more]
Yep, pretty much. 😂
1) What is their role in the story? (villain, protagonist, side character, etc.)
She’s the MC; she thinks she’s doing the right thing, bu…[Read more]
Ha! Yeah, so do I. My sister listens to him when she’s in a bad mood–she says that NF’s her “depressing music” 🤣 I don’t know how he’d help in that case…
For Hel…[Read more]
@writergirl101 Sorry I’m mentioning this late, but I saw you mention NF in your post and had a fangirl moment! I love NF!
Answering for Zack:
1. Where and on what do you sleep?
um. Okay. well. I typically sleep in my bed, usually…[Read more]
For Arianna (Ari)
1. How do you deal with a bad day?
She listens to music, takes naps, just tries to forget about everything. But she never talks to people about it.
2. What’s something you’re reall…[Read more]
1. He is. Especially when he sees all the reasons behind his learning.
2. Respectful, but honest. Asks questions when he needs to and pays close attention to the way they act and…[Read more]
(^that list no longer contains Beth’s tag, so y’all can copy and paste that one now if you want. 😉 )
1. How could you create more balance in your life?
Balance? Um. . . I…[Read more]
1. *presses his lips together a moment. Thinks carefully before answering* ‘I live in a village where emotions of happiness and public shows of love are discouraged. You are thought…[Read more]
For Felix bby
1. Text or call?
2. Are they more competitive or cooperative?
Cooperative. …People hurt you less.
3. If they were stuck in a room for an hour on their…[Read more]
1. Would you rather live where it only snows or the temperature never falls below 100 degrees?
Snows! Landslides, there are places it gets to 100 degrees?? [“Landslides” is a common…[Read more]
1. ‘No, not really.’
2. ‘Well, I’d survive…’
3.’Ooh. I only know of the Tasmanian tiger and the Dodo bird. Tiger.’ (smacks his head a few seconds later) There are dinosaurs. (But…[Read more]
For Felix again. (sorry I keep switching haha)
1) Do they need to have matching socks to go out in public, or can they be mismatched?
2) What’s their favorite kind of pizz…[Read more]
1) Do you have any allergies?
No, not that she knows of.
2) What would you most likely have the most photos of on your camera roll? (scenery, food, selfies, ect.)
Food. And the beach…[Read more]
For Ruby now:
1. If you could be immortal, what age would you choose to stop aging at and why?
I think anywhere between the ages of eighteen and twenty-two, since I’m considered old enough to be legal,…[Read more]
1. ‘Ooh. The salvation of my father-in-law.’
2.’My wife or son. Then one of them would still be alive, and be able to make a difference in this life…’ *thinks* ‘My son; for he did…[Read more]
- Load More