fb

Fantasy Writers

Talk room

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 286 total)
  • Author
    Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@crazywriter,

I was never on the debate page… tag me if you start one, though! (Be warned – I am horrible with debate, so I might bow out later on. ;))

"For love is strong as death." -God

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@crazywriter

I think that’s a great idea! I love debating, and we were having some really good ones.

And feel free to post your WIP! I think I might post some of mine too if that’s alright.

@joelle-stone

I feel your pain… I mostly clobber people over the head with my opinion and then say I hope it didn’t sound offensive….

"The light perceives the very heart of the darkness." -Haldir

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

@denali-Christianson @joelle-stone

its really hard to know the way someone is actually meaning something just reading words. Like in a face to face conversation you could recognize if they were joking, or being sarcastic, whereas online it’s like there’s no context and it leads to a lot of people being offended. Just know a lot of my posts will be either joking or sarcastic so don’t take them too too seriously.

unless their about theological stuff. Not too joking or sarcastic with that.

That being said, let’s do it! I’ll start it back up again

Oh, have y’all seen the voice acting auditions for the Wingfeather saga animation series?

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Heh, I’m sarcastic too, and I rarely (if ever) mean anything offensively. 😛

AND YES I DID SEE THOSE!! I’m too scared to audition, though. XD

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

@denali-christianson

Lol that’s a bit of a problem… How is he different?

Yeah…

Well, I think he’s less believable, less likeable, and less of a character. So, all around generally worse? LOL. You said something dangerous back there, though; someday I might take you up on your wish to read Quin’s canon story…when I get it done, lol. I’m only 16K into it so far, but, yeah. Have you started Niarok and Yila’s story?

Your life is not your own so keep your hands off it. ~Sherlock Holmes

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

@denali-Christianson @joelle-stone

So are y’all pretty busy?

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@emily-waldorf

Well, I think he’s less believable, less likeable, and less of a character. So, all around generally worse? LOL. You said something dangerous back there, though; someday I might take you up on your wish to read Quin’s canon story…when I get it done, lol. I’m only 16K into it so far, but, yeah. Have you started Niarok and Yila’s story?

Uuugghhh I hate it when that happens!!!!! Yeah, that’s how I feel about Leytera right now, but I also hate her in her canon story, so nothing lost, nothing gained. That girl literally keeps slipping through my fingers. I cannot for the life of me capture her personality. It feels like writing someone else’s character… Lol I’m glad my dangerous statement might let me hear all about Quin!!! XD Um… No. I have not. To be honest, I hardly have a world or a plot for them at all. They’ve just been living in my brain for far too long and I thought I’d develop them so when I’m ready to write the story, they’re ready to go. I have no idea what it’s going to be about, but that’s fine… XD

@joelle-stone
    , @crazywriter

Ooooh I see the debates page now exists! I’m going to go waste my time there quick… And pretty much everything I say is sarcastic or using dark humor, so ya know… If I say something that sounds mean, I’m being sarcastic guaranteed, unless the person who I’m talking to was being a brat – then I probably mostly mean it. XD

And I’m very busy so I’m going to stop posting now… 😀

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

@denali-Christianson

I definitely feel you there. A lot of people can get offended by things easily, so while I try to be considerate it’s nice to be with more understanding souls

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@crazywriter

Yeah. To quote this awesome bumper sticker that I’m putting on my car once I get one, “easily offended people offend me.” XD I’m like, can I have an opinion please? Or does my opinion disagreeing with yours somehow harm you physically?

Anyways, our culture annoys me sometimes if you can’t tell. 😀

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

@denali-Christianson

Oh. Don’t get me started on our culture. You don’t wanna open that can of worms.

Just for kicks, is anyone else incensed(or almost) by the phrase, “follow your heart” ?

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@crazywriter

Oh same. I restrained myself. I’d probably crash SE with my fury if you got me going. XD

YESSSSSSSS IT DRIVES ME UP A WALLL!!!!! (A wall the size of Helm’s Deep, just for reference. XD)

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

*coughs* My sister wants to walk up to a liquor store and say, “I identify as 21” and see how they react… 😛

But yep, business around the household.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

AND YESSSS BOTH THE FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF MESSAGES DRIVE ME ABSOLUTELY BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@joelle-stone

HAHAHAHAHAHAH I WANT TO SEE SOMEONE DO THAT SOOOOO BAD!!!!! My favorite is whenever someone tells me to wear a mask saying “my body, my choice!” and walking away without any other comment. XD It drives them crazy!

YES BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!!!!!! Do you know what happens when you put your strength in yourself? You fail. Because you are weak and helpless. Sorry to disappoint you. Do you know what happens when you follow your heart? You get hurt. You know why? Because your heart is a lying, blackened pit of a soul and it will tell you to do bad things. Sorry to crush your dreams.

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

@joelle-stone @denali-Christianson

Ah. It’s good to know I’m not alone.

It’s funny how many cultural Christians will insist on their salvation, but will believe and broadcast such obvious strayings from the Bible is scary. Because if not for the grace of God, we’d be right in the front of that crowd

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 286 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Resonant Themes Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest