fb

Fantasy Writers

Talk room

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 286 total)
  • Author
    Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@emily-waldorf,

Ooh, quotes… I really like these:

“Courage is found in unlikely places.” -Gildor Inglorion

“Deeds will be no less valiant because they are unpraised.” -Aragorn

“There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” -Samwise Gamgee

Plus Sam’s whole spiel about stories, but that’s quite the speech so I won’t post it here. 😉 As for scenes… oof. I really like that scene where the Fellowship is created, and also coming into Rohan. 😀

"For love is strong as death." -God

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Hiiii guys I didn’t have time to get caught up on the conversation, but @joelle-stone YOU LIVE IN CO??????? CUZ I DO TOOOO!!!!!!!!! Also, I’m definitely an… introvert extrovert writer. With a side of extrovertedness and some introvert for entertainment when people are annoying me. Hby? XD

And those quotes… *melts into the floor*

SAM IS SOOOO SWEET!!!!!! But also all the other characters.

And since I’m now part of the butting into conversations club, LotR book fav characters are Faramir, Haldir, Glorfindel, Gandalf, Legolas, Aragorn, and Eomer. Wow. So pretty much everyone XD

LotR movies fav characters are Aragorn, Legolas, Eomer, Eowyn, and lastly Faramir.

And personally I think The Hobbit movies are absolute trash and the only good thing about them is Bard. They did an amazing job of his character, and then everyone else is kind of… blech.

and lastly, #1: yes, I do skate! Figure skating, more specifically ice dance, although I do a bit of freestyle as well. #2, yes I do have enemies and it’s verrry sad, and your idea of the chocolates is amazing I shall have to do that, and #3 YOUR BLOG IS AMAZIIINNNGGG!!!! 🙂

"The light perceives the very heart of the darkness." -Haldir

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

My favorites (the first three all struggle for first place soooo…no order among those): Legolas, Aragorn, Faramir, then Sam, Merry/Pippin, Beregond. But Eomer and Gandalf and Boromir…aggghh

I like Imrahil, but you don’t get enough of him to make him a favorite.

@denali-christianson
    where are you in Return of the King?

@joelle-stone
    those really are good quotes/parts. 🙂

Your life is not your own so keep your hands off it. ~Sherlock Holmes

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

And I find Denethor fascinating, but “like” is too strong of a word. I divide my time between pitying him and shouting  at him.

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@emily-waldorf

HOW DID I FORGET BEREGOND???????????? I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I’m like halfway through chapter three rn, although I’m reading a lot today so I’ll probably get way further through it by tonight!

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

@denali-christianson Yay! some people think I’m a bit strange for adding Beregond in my top 7 favorite characters. Also, refresh my memory: who’s Haldir? I know I’ll have an “aha” moment when you say it, but I can’t place him.

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

@denali-Christianson @joelle-stone

do either of you know where Canon City is? That’s where I used to live.

also does anyone here like music by a group called Clamavi De Profundis? It has a lot of songs influenced/from LOTR

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@emily-waldorf

Lol I’m not surprised at all! He’s such a noble character. He befriends Pip and saves Faramir from fiery death! What’s not to love???

Haldir is the lead elf who guides the Fellowship into Lothlorien. He’s very sweet and I love him. 🙂

Also I LOVE YOUR QUOTEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sniffles in the corner* Quin is such an amazing character and I want to read his canon story soooo bad!!!!

@crazywriter

Yes!!! I’m actually planning to do a gap year program in Canon City. It’s about two hours from where I live. Does anyone know where Evergreen is? I’m fairly close to it.

And no, I haven’t heard of this group. But I’m about to go look them up!!!!

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Any chance that gap year program is called Worldview academy?

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Yep!!! I take it you’ve had experience?

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Wow. If you go there you will literally be about 200 yards from where I used to live. I never went to any of their stuff before but had a good friend that did. Would you go this coming year? If so, just look for country green apartments and you’ll find my old haunts

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Really??? That’s so cool! I remember you talking about the C Springs highschool ROTC equivalent, but I had no idea you were that close to my possible gap year program! I would be going the year of 2023-2024, but I will still look for them when I go!

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Yeah, if your still interested in flying the Civil Air Patrol squadron in Canon City is a good place to go, just even to check it out. I’m kinda out of it now but it’s an interesting thing to get involved with even now. Although as I’ve had more experience, some squadrons are a waste of time. CAP in Arkansas is exhibit A of wasted time. It’s really a lost cause.

Ah, but I lay my troubles on you. So what are your plans after that?
    Lord willing I will graduate in ‘24, and probably join the coast guard in ‘25. Afterwards I hope to get involved in more medical career training, but also to get theological training and there’s a good school I’ve heard of in KY called Trinity College.

Emily Waldorf
    @emily-waldorf

@denali-christianson

Lol I’m not surprised at all! He’s such a noble character. He befriends Pip and saves Faramir from fiery death! What’s not to love??? Haldir is the lead elf who guides the Fellowship into Lothlorien. He’s very sweet and I love him. 🙂 Also I LOVE YOUR QUOTEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sniffles in the corner* Quin is such an amazing character and I want to read his canon story soooo bad!!!!

YES!!!! My thoughts exactly!

Ah! I thought he was an Elf. 🙂 Poor guy has to mask Legolas when Legolas is being super unpleasant.

Aw, tysm! I wanted to put up the whole quote, which is: “I know that one day everything I do will be called to account; on that day I want those who hated me most to have the least to say against me.” (there wasn’t room). Aw, that’s sweet of you; maybe someday you can! (Although, I’m beginning to have my doubts that Quin is the same person in my book and on the role play…:(

How’s your writing coming?

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@crazywriter

That’s sad! I remember you were quite involved while on the Wingfeather forum. I might still try to get involved, although I’m currently very far away from C Springs to be going down there on a regular basis. Maybe during my gap year.

That’s awesome! I’ve heard good things about Trinity. I’m hoping to go to a Christian university to study film, creative writing, and business. Other than that, I have no idea and I’m excited to see where God ends up leading me! I hope to one day start a Christian film company that makes quality films with storylines that make sense and actors that actually know how to, ya know, act… XD

@emily-waldorf

Ikr!!! I was like, Legolas, we don’t care. Stop being a brat. Aragorn is trying to make your future dwarf friend feel better and you’re being such a snob! XD

You’re welcome! OH MY GOODNESS IT’S SO GOOODDDDD!!!!!! Lol that’s a bit of a problem… How is he different?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 286 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Resonant Themes Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest