fb

Fantasy Writers

Talk room

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 286 total)
  • Author
    Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

@denali-Christianson

so I know in the evangelical world this may get me hanged but speaking of Trinity, are you familiar with The Sovereign Grace Church? Their music is excellently biblical and they have solid preaching but they’ve gotten a hard knock for some undesirable things that have happened in the past. If you haven’t heard of them, they too are a music group you should listen too.

thats cool! I’ve long pondered the lack of good Christian films and stories, which is why I think God wired people like us to desire to make better ones!
    I probably have mentioned this but me and my siblings make tons of home movies especially about Narnia, LOTR, and the hobbit

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

I forgot to say that the reason those two are connected is sovereign grace is the church group that runs trinity

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@crazywriter

Don’t worry, I only hang certain characters. XD

I’ve actually never heard of them, but I’m going to look them up. I like to listen to bands who have fallen out of general graces…

Lol right? I wish Christians would put as much effort into the storytelling as people in Hollywood do. Just because they don’t have the highest quality equipment, doesn’t mean they should be lazy about the storytelling and the character development.

And books just aren’t even excusable.

It frustrates me if you couldn’t tell. 😀

That’s great! Do you do spin-offs or do remakes of parts of the films?

"The light perceives the very heart of the darkness." -Haldir

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@denali-christianson @crazywriter

I actually have no idea where Canon City or Evergreen are. I’ve heard of them, but I’ll wager I’m several hundred miles away… 😛

@emily-waldorf

OOH I FORGOT ABOUT EOMER!!!!!!!! HE’S REALLY COOL! And Beregond. *grins and shakes head* An honorable man. AND YES PRINCE IMRAHIL IS SWAGGY TOO!

"For love is strong as death." -God

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Lol, you’ll find me at times quite the hangable character XD.

Their music is the most biblical I have heard, and just super deep overall.

Exactly! We can do with what we have, and movies don’t have to be perfect in quality. Good acting and screenwriting can do what greenscreens can’t.

mostly we would remake, but I wrote a spin-off of Narnia.

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@joelle-stone

Lol! Are you out on the plains? If you don’t want to say, that’s fine. I’m just curious.

@crazywriter

Lol!!! I mean, same though. I do have a habit of rubbing people the wrong way just to see how they’ll react. Perks of being an author…

I just looked up Clamavi de Profundis, and I’m confounded! It’s beautiful!!!! And I feel like they capture the spirit of Middle Earth pretty well. I’ve got Bilbo’s Last Song playing right now!

Exactly. The quality of the film itself is important, but the story and the screenwriting matter sooo much more. I watch movies that have bad cinematography because the stories are priceless and touching.

That’s cool! What was it about?

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@denali-christianson,

Nope, but I’d rather not say more than that. Random stalkers and all. 😉

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

@joelle-stone

I completely understand! You can tell me in heaven one day! XD

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

@denali-Christianson

no doubt. I think writers have their own oddities that can drive other people insane.

It was about the period of time between the Magicians nephew and the Lion the witch and the Wardrobe, and how the witch actually took Narnia.

@joelle-stone

i understand. People nowadays are weird

@everbody

goodnight. I bid you all a find farewell, and a welcome one, as my soft and warm bed calls

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

‘Night Peter!

XD And yes, Denali, I’ll plan on it. (Help me remember XD)

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Goodnight Peter!

Yes I shall have to store it away with some notes I’m going to look at on my deathbed of questions I need to ask all my friends in heaven! XD

Jk I’m prolly going to die by some crazy means anyway, soooo

Anywayssss, good night my good friends!

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

I’m back!

So, y’all wouldn’t mind if I started sending some of my WIP here? Or should I do it in another page?

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter
    Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@crazywriter,

Sorry I didn’t see this –  we have company over so I only check my email at night. 🙂 And yep, that’d be awesome! Tag me if you post it in a different thread. 😀

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

@denali-Christianson @joelle-stone

so what do you think of reopening the old flabbit room debate page?

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 286 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Resonant Themes Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest