fb

Fantasy Writers

Character Castle

Viewing 13 posts - 991 through 1,003 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    Erynne
    @erynne

@kimlikesart

*stands close to Cathy*

HAHAHA She’s the one you should be worried about, you know!

I like how you spell your name.

Thank you!!

I will definitly subscribe to your newsletter also! I just got mine set up, I just need some subscribers 😛

Or I guess I could just email myself *nods*

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@erynne

EXCUUUUUUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!! I SHOULD’VE NEVER SHOWN YOU MY FACE! TRAITOR!!!!!!!!

But listen! You’re not my closest friend, you’re part of my soul. Every one of my friends are impossible to replace, and if I lost any of you it’d be like losing a limb. I don’t ever forget friends, even when I lose them it’s a part of me that’s ripped out of place, a piece of my soul that only ever grew because someone else was there to shine light on me. If I try to categorize friendships, it’s like trying to prioritize what limb I can’t live without more. Yes, there are different levels, and different types of friendships, and some people touch parts of my soul I would never show to a single other person.

But my friends are all such a deep part of me I couldn’t lose any of your. Ever.

@rose-colored-fancy

Good gracious Cathy that’s even worse than you told me! You’re doing so well keeping up with all that I’m so proud of you! I’m so glad you’re all doing better we’re still praying for you!

Bro. *Collapses ontop of you and falls asleep* *lame thumbsup 😆*

WE ARE!!! WE’RE TERRIBLE INFLUENCES WE’RE MAKING YOU FUNNIER XD

YES!!!!! HOW EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MADE ME A, MADE ME A WRITER, A WRITER PAIN YOU BREAK ME DOWN, YOU BUILD ME UP, WRITER, A WRITER PAIN! OH LET THE WORDS FLY, OH LET THEM RAIN MY LIFE, MY LOVE, MY DRIVE, IT CAME FROM… PAIN! YOU MADE ME A, YOU MADE ME A WRITER, A WRITER LAST THINGS LAST BY THE GRACE OF THE FIRE AND THE FLAMES YOU’RE THE FACE OF AN AUTHOR, THE WORDS IN YOUR VEINS, OH OOOH THE WORDS IN YOUR VEINS, OH OOOOH BUT THEY NEVER DID, EVER LIVED, EBBING AND FLOWING INHIBITED, LIMITED TILL IT BROKE OPEN AND IT RAINED DOWN IT RAINED DOWN, LIKE… MORE PLOT PAIN

This is…this beautiful people, this is so beautiful. GUYS WE SINGLE-HANDEDLY REWROTE THE ENTIRE BELIEVER SONG TO FIT OUR AGENDA AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT WITHOUT EVEN TRYING AND NOW WE HAVE AN ENTIRE ORIGINAL SONG I GOTTA SING THIS WHEN WE GET BETTER YA’LL YA’LL EACH GOTTA SING YOUR SET OF LINES AND THEN WE CAN PULL IT TOGETHER AND POST IT ON YOUTUBE IT’S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds *exactly* like a conversation I would have with my mom.

My mom too XDDDD

@noah-cochran

You guessed correctly. 🙃

Shut up in the Peanut Gallery, Camirvablahblah.

Such violence from a young woman. Tsk, tsk.

IKR!! It’s beautiful, isn’t it? 🙃

@kimlikesart

Very nice! Congratulations on starting the newsletter! I liked your email! Your personality came through in it. (: And it’s cool to know your brother’s real name. *muah ha ha*

Well…actually…that’s also just a penname, it’s like three of his favorite generals pulled together for one name…*Yo, bro, @rusted-knight, I don’t remember which generals and I know you’ll explain them better…*

XDDDDDD

Thanks!! I suffer from a deplorable excess of personality 😁 actually I don’t suffer from it, everyone else does, I quite enjoy it…usually…

*hugs tightly*

(I’m glad everyone was helpful!) And ooh dear, for the virus. Is your mom doing better?

(Yes they awesome!)

My mom’s doing better, she’s asleep right now but her spasms have all but stopped, it’s made her gimpy leg a little worse but other than that she seems to be doing a lot better ❤️

Nothing too interesting… OH. I get to dress up and give a speech next week! It’s a re-telling of Rapunzel. That was fun to write. Would you like to see it? I could email it to you. I’m both terrified and excited. (:

OooooooOOooooooohhhh!!!!!!!! COOL!!!!!! SHOW ME SHOW ME SHOW ME!!!!!!! *bouncing up and down* I know you’ll do awesome and if somebody so much as frown during your speech I’ll slap his face off!! 🙃

HAHAHA She’s the one you should be worried about, you know!

Hey, play nice! Kim’s not as mean as you 😜

…somehow…I haven’t seemed to corrupt her yet…🤔 *how have I not corrupted this angel yet??? I’m gonna go to my grave trying to figure out how she’s so pure and also my friend…???*🤔

I just got mine set up, I just need some subscribers 😛 Or I guess I could just email myself *nods*

🧨✨🧨🎆I AM SUBSCRIBED!!!!!!!🎆🧨✨🧨

LOL I set up a dummy email to subscribe myself to my newsletter to *totally* test how it looks 😉

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Erynne
    @erynne

But listen! You’re not my closest friend, you’re part of my soul. Every one of my friends are impossible to replace, and if I lost any of you it’d be like losing a limb. I don’t ever forget friends, even when I lose them it’s a part of me that’s ripped out of place, a piece of my soul that only ever grew because someone else was there to shine light on me. If I try to categorize friendships, it’s like trying to prioritize what limb I can’t live without more. Yes, there are different levels, and different types of friendships, and some people touch parts of my soul I would never show to a single other person.

Well that’s sweet

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

Someone’s in a rebellious mood.

You say as if it’s unusual.

Such violence from a young woman. Tsk, tsk

I have a sparkling personality, I know 😇

@kimlikesart

Allo Rose! I remember you. *bows again/smiles* Tis a pleasure to re-meet you!

I put the link up there! (Thank you, Rose! May it bless you. (: )

Heya Kim, nice to meet you again too! 😀

I subscribed!! Thanks for sharing!

@this-is-not-an-alien

But my friends are all such a deep part of me I couldn’t lose any of your. Ever.

*Wipes away a tear that may be because I’m touched, or allergies, or just because I tear up easily* That was beautiful, true, heartfelt poetry.

Bro. *Collapses ontop of you and falls asleep* *lame thumbsup  *

*Catches you right before you fall* Go take another nap! I don’t care if it’s the tenth one today, I think you need it. Also, whack a sibling. For your health.

YES!!!!! HOW EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

They can’t stand how funny we are.

This is…this beautiful people, this is so beautiful. GUYS WE SINGLE-HANDEDLY REWROTE THE ENTIRE BELIEVER SONG TO FIT OUR AGENDA AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT WITHOUT EVEN TRYING AND NOW WE HAVE AN ENTIRE ORIGINAL SONG I GOTTA SING THIS WHEN WE GET BETTER YA’LL YA’LL EACH GOTTA SING YOUR SET OF LINES AND THEN WE CAN PULL IT TOGETHER AND POST IT ON YOUTUBE IT’S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYY!!! GO US!!!!

(also I’d rather die thank you)

…somehow…I haven’t seemed to corrupt her yet…  *how have I not corrupted this angel yet??? I’m gonna go to my grave trying to figure out how she’s so pure and also my friend…???*

*Tadashi’s voice* Unbelievable.

Usually, you end up corrupting your friends, or even better, they turn out to be worse than you and make you worse! (and funnier!!) XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@rose-colored-fancy

I have a sparkling personality, I know

Yes, that’s what I meant. Lots of sparkles.

@this-is-not-an-alien

Shut up in the Peanut Gallery, Camirvablahblah.

🙃

@kimlikesart

Kimmi doffs her feathered cap and twiddles it, before waving shyly. “Hello everyone.” She gives a short bow, then smiles. “It’s a pleasure to meet you!”

Now that’s my type of introduction. You know what you’re doing.

*bows with a flourish of his cloak

Greetings, Kimmi, I’m delighted to meet you.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Malvat was never pulled out, but he also has no handler: does Malvat slowly become a wraith and descend into madness or does Malvat become the Castle’s avatar…?

Well that’s sweet

Of course, I’m oBvIouslY sweet!
    Jk! Love you, Sonicup!!

*Wipes away a tear that may be because I’m touched, or allergies, or just because I tear up easily* That was beautiful, true, heartfelt poetry.

*squeezes tightly*

*Catches you right before you fall* Go take another nap! I don’t care if it’s the tenth one today, I think you need it. Also, whack a sibling. For your health.

Whacking sibling good!! 😀

They can’t stand how funny we are.

IKR!!!

YAYYY!!! GO US!!!! (also I’d rather die thank you)

yay!

*Tadashi’s voice* Unbelievable. Usually, you end up corrupting your friends, or even better, they turn out to be worse than you and make you worse! (and funnier!!) XD

*Fred’s voice* It’s called recycling! LOL
    YES!!!!! I love being evil 😀

Now that’s my type of introduction. You know what you’re doing. *bows with a flourish of his cloak Greetings, Kimmi, I’m delighted to meet you.

Yes, I have exactly one sweepingly charming friend! <3
    …It’s Kimmi, not you 😉

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@kimlikesart Oi, since this character castle be so slow, do you want Nithel and Alessio to just appear in the Character Castle 2.5 that’s just started?

I’m good either way 🙂

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@this-is-not-an-alien

*tiptoes to Castle 2.5* *hides/doesn’t like new people* *hesitantly peaks out/looks over comments*

Sure! *re-reads* WAIT. IS THIS YOUR FAMILY???
    IT ISSSS. Aw. Is this the baby brother I’ve heard so much about? 🥰

😄

I’m a bit confused by what they’re doing, though…  *sinks back into hole*
    Are they introducing their characters… by sharing snippets of their books?

How many characters is each person… supposed to bring in? Or is there likely no limit? Or… *completely disappears*

*echoes from the bottom* When they actually start writing the castle, do you think they’d like to use the Character Chronicle, to help keep things organized? If we drop everyone into a new room, there, with their characters and Alessio/Nithel, maybe that would work?
    (Though we would use their Castle 2.5, of course, instead of here.)

Mayyybe? *still hides* I’ll go introduce Nithel over there.

Jominkreesa

Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Sure! *re-reads* WAIT. IS THIS YOUR FAMILY??? IT ISSSS. Aw. Is this the baby brother I’ve heard so much about? 🥰

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! He’s my second youngest and he just got permission to join us on SE and I’m so excited!!!!

He’s the grumpy adorable one, but he’s been much happier lately and I’m so so happy!!!!

I’m a bit confused by what they’re doing, though…  *sinks back into hole* Are they introducing their characters… by sharing snippets of their books?

Yeah, they all kinda speak their own language and don’t know it (I know I do too, i constantly accidentally make up words XDD), but you can’t misinterpret much cause we’ve all very good at rolling with any idea that bowls in 🙂. I think Hannah used her first chapter and Ragnarok just made up an introductory scene to demonstrate his characters’ personalities.

How many characters is each person… supposed to bring in? Or is there likely no limit? Or… *completely disappears*

I think there’s no limit rn coz Ragnarok completely broke the no more than 2 characters norm 😂

*echoes from the bottom* When they actually start writing the castle, do you think they’d like to use the Character Chronicle, to help keep things organized? If we drop everyone into a new room, there, with their characters and Alessio/Nithel, maybe that would work? (Though we would use their Castle 2.5, of course, instead of here.)

They’d love it, at least Hannah probably would…assuming they actually take the time to figure it out (I might have to ask them again, or just tag them here.

YOOOOOOO SIBS YOU CAN THROW IDEAS AND CHARACTER BIOS IN HERE AND JUST WRITE THE ACTUAL SCENES IN THE CHARACTER CASTLE ON THE CHARACTER CASTLE 2.5!!!!! @ragnarok @hannahrenner

Just sayin’)

Love you, my Heart! <3 *squeezes, forcefully tugging you out of hiding place into a bear hug*

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

OKAY EVERYBODY! @ragnarok @hannahrenner @this-is-not-an-alien *claps hands*
    Not to toot the same old horn, but we need to lay some ground rules for the character castle to keep the craziness down, and to help everyone understand what’s happening.

These are the original rules, slightly modified~

Welcome to the Character Castle! This is where you can bring your characters to meet one another (role-play), and perhaps even discover new things about them and their arcs.

A few guidelines:

1. No character may leave the boundaries of the castle, but you can invent any room (library, indoor garden, kitchen, etc.) as it pertains to the role-play. Due to the castle’s unpredictable nature, its rooms may change appearance and shape at will, so don’t worry about making your descriptions completely accurate—just have fun writing.

2. Feel free to chat with other participants to ask about characters and decide which way the story will go! Though do so in a separate space from where you are writing the snippets of the story.

3. You can’t put yourself in the story. As awesome as it would be to meet your own characters, remember that the old green door separates us from the Worlds. (An exception is if you have a character based loosely off yourself in one of your stories. That’s legal. 🙂 )

4. Any character can enter, even if they’re a villain! Simply remember that the magic of the castle makes evil (and good) powers a little unwieldy. Even if the characters do end up making a mess, the castle will clean it up. It might not be too happy about it, though.

5. You may bring in more than one character, if you desire, but preferrably no more than three.

6. Write only one snippet at a time, giving someone else the chance to write the next peice, unless a week+ passes.

That’s all! Have fun, Emberlings.

Do you all have any suggestions for rule changes? Do these make sense and do you agree with them?

Jominkreesa

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Just thought you’d appreciate the running gag at home is “This Castle has only one braincell and he doesn’t know what glass it!”

It was unanimous, you’ve been voted the only braincell…

🙃

@kimlikesart

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Cathy.

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

😄
    Thanks.
    AND HE REALLY DOESN’T. HE’S NEVER SEEN GLASS BEFORE. He didn’t know! And now his feet- Ayyyyy. My boy…

Though… you all’s characters are pretty smart, in their own ways, too…

I really like your new tagline!
    I’ve been thinking about changing mine… *strokes chin thoughtfully*

Jominkreesa

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

😄 Thanks. AND HE REALLY DOESN’T. HE’S NEVER SEEN GLASS BEFORE. He didn’t know! And now his feet- Ayyyyy. My boy…

Except for the that magic mirror! 😄 But he wouldn’t remember that…😢

Yeah, glass cuts are not fun, poor baby…!!!

Shoot, I hope somebody teaches him how to pick glass out of his feet…

Though… you all’s characters are pretty smart, in their own ways, too…

Not as a voice of reason lol, but definitely each in their own way! They all are hyper-skilled in their own thing, and could be twice as grand working together if they ever managed to…

I really like your new tagline! I’ve been thinking about changing mine… *strokes chin thoughtfully*

Thanks!! (I thought it really enhanced my pfp lol 😂😂😂)

Jominkreesa Being in a ship is like being in jail, with the chance of drowning.

That…it’s beautiful…Alessio would hate it 🤣 (mostly because he’d wanna say it first) 🤣🤣🤣

Viewing 13 posts - 991 through 1,003 (of 1,003 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Resonant Themes Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Learn How to Write Christian Themes that Resonate

Enter your email to get the worksheet, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

Pin It on Pinterest