fb

Fantasy Writers

Character Castle

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

*Sweeps cloak back in equally theatric motion* Your apology may be accepted, this once…

A thousand thanks my dearest Troll Duchess 🤣

Aww, Alessio deserves a break!

Yeah, he does 😭😭😭 *dramatically* PAIN, FOR THE PLOT!!!!!

I don’t know the backstory but I can sense there is some XD

Heheheheheh…

It’s because I was writing quickly. Also, you misspelled it too XD

What ho!

How dare thee? Mine honor shall be defended to the last! *Draws sword but instead hugs you, completely wrapping you in my cloak and thus winning the battle* Mine honor is avenged!! My demands for thy release from fluffy cloak prison include not calling me Troll Duchess. 😀

NEVER, I AM NOT AFRAID OF FLUFFY HUGS!!!!!!!!

I feel like I’ve been called… First things first, imma say all the words inside my head, I’m fired up and tired of all THE MISSPELLED WORDS HERE WOOOOO

SECOND THING SECOND DON’T YOU TELL HOW YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE SPELLED

I’M THE ONE AT THE TYPER, I’M THE MASTER OF MY MEMES WOOOOOO

Also, Cheesecake and Sonicup. Me and Cathy have been texting via Pinterest also, and I have told my mom all about her because she’s just so amazing and loveable that I wanna tell the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. But I mainly just tell my mom since she’s probably wanted for murder somewhere. So, Cheesecake came from my mom. Since Cathy all of a sudden went from Cathy to her real name (which I won’t say because she doesn’t need to be wanted for murder in Missouri too) my mom couldn’t remember her name so she just started calling her Cheesecake. So now she’s Cheesecake. I’m Sonicup because we were texting while me and me mum were on our way to sonic one night and I sent her a picture of my cup because I was bored 🤷‍♀️

Oh, that’s what it was! I was wondering if it was some secret code or something…😏

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

@erynne

First things first, imma say all the words inside my head, I’m fired up and tired of all THE MISSPELLED WORDS HERE WOOOOO

I WAS SPELLING FROM A YOUNG AGE

TAKING MY TYPING TO THE MASSES

WRITING MY REPLIES FOR THE FEW

THAT ANSWER ME, TALK TO ME,

CONTINUE THE PARODY

Glad to see we’re all cultured here 🙂

(Also, Cathy, that last line was legendary XD)

Also, Cheesecake and Sonicup.
    Me and Cathy have been texting via Pinterest also, and I have told my mom all about her because she’s just so amazing and loveable that I wanna tell the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. But I mainly just tell my mom since she’s probably wanted for murder somewhere. So, Cheesecake came from my mom. Since Cathy all of a sudden went from Cathy to her real name (which I won’t say because she doesn’t need to be wanted for murder in Missouri too) my mom couldn’t remember her name so she just started calling her Cheesecake. So now she’s Cheesecake. I’m Sonicup because we were texting while me and me mum were on our way to sonic one night and I sent her a picture of my cup because I was bored

Okay, that’s hilarious both of those XD Yeah, she’s wanted for murder and probably arson. (aka Crime Brulee) We don’t talk about it.

Yeah, he does   *dramatically* PAIN, FOR THE PLOT!!!!!

SUFFERING!!!

What ho! [meme]

UNO REVERSE!!!

NEVER, I AM NOT AFRAID OF FLUFFY HUGS!!!!!!!!

*Hugs you tighter as a very loving “threat”*

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Erynne
    @erynne

@this-is-not-an-alien

@rose-colored-fancy

First things first, imma say all the words inside my head, I’m fired up and tired of all THE MISSPELLED WORDS HERE WOOOOO

I WAS SPELLING FROM A YOUNG AGE

TAKING MY TYPING TO THE MASSES

WRITING MY REPLIES FOR THE FEW

THAT ANSWER ME, TALK TO ME,

CONTINUE THE PARODY

WRITING FROM HEARTACHE FROM THE MEME
    TAKING MY LECTURE FROM THE VEINS
    TELLING YOU LESSONS FROM MY BRAIN
    SEEING YOUR BEAUTY THROUGH MY… MEME

Glad to see we’re all cultured here

Yes, so am I

Okay, that’s hilarious both of those XD Yeah, she’s wanted for murder and probably arson. (aka Crime Brulee) We don’t talk about it.

Yeah, it was worth the trip to Sonic XD and I was telling my mom about this conversation and I said “Cathy was talking to Rose, the Dutch girl…” and then after her being quite confused I repeated myself and she says,”that is not what I heard… I so thought you said ‘Cathy was talking to roasted vegetables'”

So you can be Roasted Vegetables if you don’t like Troll Dutchess

Also, last I heard Cathy was on the run from kidnapping a parrot from the underworld

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

Yes, so am I

I’m impressed we managed to get the parody that far XD

So you can be Roasted Vegetables if you don’t like Troll Dutchess

Thanks, that’s worse XD I have the misfortune of having a name that isn’t easily turned into a nickname so I have endured many horrendous ones but this one is at the top of the list tbh XD

(It does actually sound similar, that’s horrid XD)

Also, last I heard Cathy was on the run from kidnapping a parrot from the underworld

I should be surprised but I’m not XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@skylarynn

It’s good to see you again! How have you been?

_________

@this-is-not-an-alien

School’s been alright!

And oooh!!! You’re starting a newsletter!!!!!!!!!!! (Or have you started one? What are you planning on sending? Have I subscribed yet?)

Have you finished the college and disability applications yet?
    How do you think that will go? (:

I’m glad you have a great teacher for your class.

Jominkreesa

Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@kimlikesart

KimmiKimmiKimmi!!!!!

I started a newsletter last month I think. It’s a promotional/fan-catering series for a webtoon I’m co-writing with my brother. You have subscribed, as of five seconds ago, because I have added you to the subscription list, and I’ll send you all the posts you’ve missed as soon as I figure out how to do that because I am still as tech-savvy as a wet fishstick XDDD

HAHAHAHAHAHA…funny story….XDDDD

(*I am now officially a collage student and everyone there was very helpful getting that done with me it was great…*)

My whole family came down with Covid and my mom got bad muscle spasms so it looked like she was having seizures and she was in the hospital but she’s doing good now and somehow I finished my class assignments between naps–actually I haven’t but I’m confident I can cobble them together before my class presentation tomorrow morning XDDDDDD (seriously I…actually should be fine, I just need to tweat a couple things and absolute worse case scenario if I explained the situation my professor would probably let me present them as-are…)

Oh the essay, I finished it I have no clue whether it’s any good or not but it was and I’ve done my best and I just need to get my resume and three letters of recommendation and submit before March so plenty of time, should work…or it won’t 🙂

So, hbu, anything interesting happen on your end? Oh, YOU TWO, TROLL DUCHESS AND SONICUP!!!! YA’LL HAVEN’T BEEN PROPERLY INTRODUCED TO KIM, DID I TEACH YOU THOSE MANNERS????? (Don’t answer that!!!)

@kimlikesart
    , these are two of my Three Musketeers (idk where that @noah-cochran is…? *accusative look*) @erynne and @rose-colored-fancy and y’all this is one of my bestest, sweetest most wonderfulest friends ever and she has an awesome newsletter you should totally subscribe!!! *btw how do they subscribe, where do I give them a link to subscribe…?*

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@this-is-not-an-alien

idk where that noah-cochran is…? *accusative look

My deepest apologies, dear Cathy. Life is a demanding master. 🙃

Erynne
    @erynne

y’all this is one of my bestest, sweetest most wonderfulest friends ever

ONE of them. I’m number one, always remeber that *glares*

Hiiii @kimlikesart I’ve heard a lot about you!! It’s nice to finally meet you though 🙂 (i’m as crazy or maybe even crazier than Cheesecake, so beware 😁)

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@noah-cochran

*sigh* that’s fair, I guess…

I’M TOO SICK TO EVEN YELL AT YOU WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOOO!!!!!

jk, ok! 🙂

I just read outloud this beautiful Imagine Dragon’s poetry we enacted to my sister and she was like “I am done with you!🤦‍♀️” Me: “NO BUT I DID IT WITH TWO OTHER PEOPLE 🤣” My sister: “THAT’S EVEN WORSE!!!!” SHE THINKS YOUR CORRUPTING ME WITH BAD JOKES!!!!

Yeah, it was worth the trip to Sonic XD and I was telling my mom about this conversation and I said “Cathy was talking to Rose, the Dutch girl…” and then after her being quite confused I repeated myself and she says,”that is not what I heard… I so thought you said ‘Cathy was talking to roasted vegetables’”

Why would she be surprised if I talk to roasted vegetables, they don’t judge me 🤣

OHHH!!!!

THIRD THING THIRD ALL THE HATE THAT YOU’VE HEARD HAS TURNED YOUR SPIRIT TO A PUN OH WOO-OOO

YOUR SPIRIT FOR OF FUN OH WOO-OOOO

I WAS CHOKING IN TYPE BUILDING MY RAIN UP IN THE CLOUD

FALLING LIKE BROKEN MAGNETS TO THE GROUND

HOPING MY WRITING, IT WOULD DROWN ME (XDD)

BUT IT NEVER DID, EVER LIVED, EBBING AND FLOWING

INHIMITED, LIMITED ‘TILL IT BROKE OPEN AND RAINED DOWN, IT RAINED DOWN LIKE…uh, pain…actually, plot pain…

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

ONE of them. I’m number one, always remeber that *glares*

HA IN YOUR DREAMS! 😁😇 (don’t kill me!!!)

Erynne
    @erynne

HA IN YOUR DREAMS!

EXCUUUUUUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!! I SHOULD’VE NEVER SHOWN YOU MY FACE! TRAITOR!!!!!!!!

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@kimlikesart

and y’all this is one of my bestest, sweetest most wonderfulest friends ever and she has an awesome newsletter you should totally subscribe!!! *btw how do they subscribe, where do I give them a link to subscribe…?*

Hi Kimmi! I think we vaguely met in the Villain’s character castle! It’s nice to meet you more properly 😀 (I swear I’m usually saner than this, Cathy is corrupting me)

And YES! Give me the link!

@this-is-not-an-alien

seriously I…actually should be fine, I just need to tweak a couple things and absolute worse case scenario if I explained the situation my professor would probably let me present them as-are…)

Good gracious Cathy that’s even worse than you told me! You’re doing so well keeping up with all that I’m so proud of you! I’m so glad you’re all doing better we’re still praying for you!

I just read outloud this beautiful Imagine Dragon’s poetry we enacted to my sister and she was like “I am done with you! ” Me: “NO BUT I DID IT WITH TWO OTHER PEOPLE  ” My sister: “THAT’S EVEN WORSE!!!!” SHE THINKS YOU’RE CORRUPTING ME WITH BAD JOKES!!!!

WE ARE!!! WE’RE TERRIBLE INFLUENCES WE’RE MAKING YOU FUNNIER XD

@noah-cochran

My deepest apologies, dear Cathy. Life is a demanding master.

I have suggestions. Mutiny, coup, rebellion. Simply stabbing life in the gut. You’re welcome 😀

Erynne
    @erynne

OOOOOH I GET TO FORM THE CHORUS

THIRD THING THIRD ALL THE HATE THAT YOU’VE HEARD HAS TURNED YOUR SPIRIT TO A PUN OH WOO-OOO

YOUR SPIRIT FOR OF FUN OH WOO-OOOO

I WAS CHOKING IN TYPE BUILDING MY RAIN UP IN THE CLOUD

FALLING LIKE BROKEN MAGNETS TO THE GROUND

HOPING MY WRITING, IT WOULD DROWN ME (XDD)

BUT IT NEVER DID, EVER LIVED, EBBING AND FLOWING

INHIMITED, LIMITED ‘TILL IT BROKE OPEN AND RAINED DOWN, IT RAINED DOWN LIKE…uh, pain…actually, plot pain…

YOU MADE ME A, MADE ME A WRITER, A WRITER
    PAIN
    YOU BREAK ME DOWN, YOU BUILD ME UP, WRITER, A WRITER
    PAIN!
    OH LET THE WORDS FLY, OH LET THEM RAIN
    MY LIFE, MY LOVE, MY DRIVE, IT CAME FROM…
    PAIN!
    YOU MADE ME A, YOU MADE ME A WRITER, A WRITER

LAST THINGS LAST
    BY THE GRACE OF THE FIRE AND THE FLAMES
    YOU’RE THE FACE OF AN AUTHOR, THE WORDS IN YOUR VEINS, OH OOOH
    THE WORDS IN YOUR VEINS, OH OOOOH
    BUT THEY NEVER DID, EVER LIVED, EBBING AND FLOWING
    INHIBITED, LIMITED
    TILL IT BROKE OPEN AND IT RAINED DOWN
    IT RAINED DOWN, LIKE…

MORE PLOT PAIN

The fact that I had to change 2 words and it explains writing PERFECTLY concerns me… I’m starting to rethink the meaning of this song. Perhaps it’s original purpose was to brainwash us into thinking it’s about something else when it’s actually about the few joys and pain and heartache and more pain of writing

I just read outloud this beautiful Imagine Dragon’s poetry we enacted to my sister and she was like “I am done with you! ” Me: “NO BUT I DID IT WITH TWO OTHER PEOPLE  ” My sister: “THAT’S EVEN WORSE!!!!” SHE THINKS YOU’RE CORRUPTING ME WITH BAD JOKES!!!!

That sounds *exactly* like a conversation I would have with my mom.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@this-is-not-an-alien

*sigh* that’s fair, I guess…

You guessed correctly. 🙃

I’M TOO SICK TO EVEN YELL AT YOU WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOOO!!!!!

Obviously, the magnificence of your yelling has not been affected too much by your illness.

@rose-colored-fancy

I have suggestions. Mutiny, coup, rebellion.

Someone’s in a rebellious mood.

Simply stabbing life in the gut.

Such violence from a young woman. Tsk, tsk.

😉

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@this-is-not-an-alien

Very nice! Congratulations on starting the newsletter!
    I liked your email! Your personality came through in it. (:
    And it’s cool to know your brother’s real name. *muah ha ha*

(I’m glad everyone was helpful!)

And ooh dear, for the virus. Is your mom doing better?

Nothing too interesting… OH. I get to dress up and give a speech next week! It’s a re-telling of Rapunzel. That was fun to write. Would you like to see it? I could email it to you.
    I’m both terrified and excited. (:

Oh! I have a landing page people can subscribe on- https://wondrous-hustler-5885.ck.page/8f4763846e

@erynne
    @rose-colored-fancy @noah-cochran

Kimmi doffs her feathered cap and twiddles it, before waving shyly. “Hello everyone.” She gives a short bow, then smiles. “It’s a pleasure to meet you!”

*stands close to Cathy*

Thanks Erynne! I like how you spell your name.

Allo Rose! I remember you. *bows again/smiles* Tis a pleasure to re-meet you!

I put the link up there! (Thank you, Rose! May it bless you. (: )

Jominkreesa

Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise.

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,003 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Resonant Themes Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Learn How to Write Christian Themes that Resonate

Enter your email to get the worksheet, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

Pin It on Pinterest