fb

Fantasy Writers

Character Castle

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 1,171 total)
  • Author
    Abrielle
    @abrielle

*frantically copying and pasting the entire thread*

@this-is-not-an-alien

I am crying vicariously through your crying emojis. They just about sum up the situation. Though it’s too bad there isn’t an angry sobbing emoji. We need about fifty of those.

You have a website? That’s pretty cool! I’m totally up for relocating, but I don’t currently have discord.

Do not be anxious about tomorrow; tomorrow will be anxious about itself.

Z B
    @reveriewriter

@this-is-not-an-alien @hannahrenner @abrielle

I just saw it ;-: I can’t believe they’re closing it!! And when I’d just joined too 🙁 Why??????????????????????

Abrielle
    @abrielle

We should write an appeal. And get the whole Story Embers community to sign it.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

*frantically copying and pasting the entire thread*

*numbly hands over folder of the entire Castle that I archived for years because I compulsively save things*

You have a website? That’s pretty cool! I’m totally up for relocating, but I don’t currently have discord.

Well…I don’t exactly have a finished website I was just practicing layout design and working on something I might do for my WIP so it’s very much under construction but I guess it’ll really motivate me to finish it if there’s activity there and I have to look at it every day lol. And I think I got the forum up and running!!

Anyway please critique it and tell me what I should fix or clean up or anything on the website I’m compiling a list of things to fix up XDD

I just saw it ;-: I can’t believe they’re closing it!! And when I’d just joined too 🙁 Why??????????????????????

I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWW IT’S AWFUL I’VE BEEN ON THIS FORUM FOR YEARS AND IT’S THE BEST!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭

We should write an appeal. And get the whole Story Embers community to sign it.

*Wipes angry tears* Yes yes you should 😆

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

It only lets me post one link at a time so here’s the link to the website I’m working on…

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

*Dramatically blows nose* This song speaks to me right now: https://youtu.be/Vo3amGpGeHQ

Z B
    @reveriewriter

@this-is-not-an-alien @abrielle

@hannahrenner

I saw a suggestion in the comments of the announcement about having members of the forum moderate it instead of the site team. Maybe they’d consider doing that with enough feedback from all of us??

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Maybe it’s worth a shot! Where do we post feedback then?

Abrielle
    @abrielle

@this-is-not-an-alien

Probably in reply to the announcement.

Catholic Creed
    @hannahrenner

@reveriewriter

I saw a suggestion in the comments of the announcement about having members of the forum moderate it instead of the site team. Maybe they’d consider doing that with enough feedback from all of us??

I mean maaaaaaybe.

I honestly don’t know. We don’t know how long they’ve been debating this decision. Or what the goal is. Or how many people are really needed to moderate.

Heck, I have not a clue how to moderate a forum! Or how much labor that takes. It sucks that this is going. And I don’t like it. But honestly it almost seemed inevitable? The more I think about it? They’ve been pushing more and more in a direction: it is time for them to drop something and refocus! But that is never a fun thing to do. I hope they don’t loose too many people from this.

Still, the engagement they are getting from Patreon might be what pushed this move: if there are enough people there and not enough people running Story Embers, I mean, logically speaking, the effort should be put where the money is. That is good business. On the other hand, the forum is a safe place for us and I feel like it should stay open. For free. Lots of people aren’t made of money and they are targeting young writers!

There are pros and cons and we just don’t have the information to properly weight it. I’m just bitter because I was only just getting comfortable being online like this. 😭

When life knocks you down, wait 'til it passes over you and then attack it from behind.

Z B
    @reveriewriter

@hannahrenner

Yeah, you’re right. I’m just bummed since I was really looking forward to interacting with people on here.

Catholic Creed
    @hannahrenner

@reveriewriter … and @everyone?

My little sister @this-is-not-an-alien set this up. It’s barely up at the moment, but it’s supposed to be this character castle continued. Well, rebooted, since we were doing that anyway. If you want to – no pressure!

When life knocks you down, wait 'til it passes over you and then attack it from behind.

Z B
    @reveriewriter

@hannahrenner

Oh cool! I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Z B
    @reveriewriter

@everyone..?

I saw another post about a forum pretty similar to this one, there’s already quite a few Story Embers people on there and I think it’s run by someone on here

https://www.writers-vision.com/

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

*waves to everyone* Goodness, it’s been ages since I’ve been on here. XD

I saw another post about a forum pretty similar to this one, there’s already quite a few Story Embers people on there and I think it’s run by someone on here

I’m one of the admins at Writer’s Vision. 😛 I’m sure we’d love to have you, but there is a rule against role-playing for various reasons. JSYK. ;P I’ve notified the founder, Kayti, though, and we’ll see what input she has!!

I’m so sad to hear about SE’s forum closing, though… :/ It’s very much a nostalgic thing for me. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 1,171 total)
  • The forum ‘Fantasy Writers’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Craft Moving Themes Without Turning Readers Off

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the 2024 Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Learn How to Write Christian Themes that Resonate

Enter your email to get the worksheet, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Get Free Writing Resources

Sign up below to gain immediate access to over a dozen ebooks, story worksheets, and action step guides.

Register for the Panel Discussion

Enter your email to claim your free spot at the live event!

Pin It on Pinterest