@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 12: Break Week! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
Good morning, Ereki! This is the twelfth week of our annual theme discussion, and I’m beginning to believe that someone is stealing our time, because that went by way too fast ๐
But to celebrate getting this far, there aren’t any official assignments for this week. *throws confetti* Though if you do want to do something, you can add to the…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic July 2018 Accountability Thread in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 2 months ago
This is a bit late, but better to make late goals than no goals ๐ So what are your goals for the week? Mine are:
– Finish editing a short story
– start an outline for a rewrite of a novel
*
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @TheInviZibleMan @lydia-writes @Devastate-Lasting @WarrenLuther04 @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @cowlick @ENU @Kara…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic A prompt war (Guild Wars #3) in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@bekks2017 @sarah-inkdragon @theinvizibleman @lydia-writes @warrenluther04 @ajaj2000 @sageinthemeadow @cowlick @enu @kara-lynn @sarah-narnathron @thetessinator @cinderella_28_ @jose-cuellar-ramirezย @the-inkspiller @karthmin @allison-grace @devastate-lasting
*jumps off the back of a phoenix* I’m finally back! And guys…
OUR SUBMISSION IS…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic They did it again in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@bekks2017 @sarah-inkdragon @theinvizibleman @lydia-writes @warrenluther04 @ajaj2000 @sageinthemeadow @cowlick @enu @kara-lynn @sarah-narnathron @thetessinator @cinderella_28_ @jose-cuellar-ramirezย @the-inkspiller @karthmin @allison-grace @devastate-lasting
*
Congrats, Avensers! ๐ ๐ ๐
We Ereki will beat you next time ๐
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@the-inkspiller I’m glad to know that the people in your church are open and honest about struggles! I feel like often the downfall of Christian movies and stories and art is when they portray Christians as having perfect lives and non-believers to have the terrible, struggle-filled, sinful lives. The truth is that everyone is broken. Everyone has…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey @the-inkspiller!
I can actually relate to a lot of what you’re saying here. Most of my stories don’t tend toward the cute/funny side of the spectrum, and while I don’t know I’d say my writing is dark per se, it certainly deals with dark aspects of life at times and is darker than many other Christian works out there.
Here’s my…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@the-inkspiller I think I understand how you feel, correct me if I’m wrong.
Sometimes life is really hard and dark and while your dealing with that socializing with happy, go-lucky friends is depressing and shallow. I’ve been in situations and social circles (and actually am right now,) where it’s always, just always happy and an “I’m doing…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic A prompt war (Guild Wars #3) in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@allison-grace
@bekks2017
@sarah-inkdragon
@morreafirebird
@theinvizibleman
@lydia-writes
@devastate-lasting
@warrenluther04
@ajaj2000
@sageinthemeadow
@cowlick
@enu
@kara-lynn
@sarah-narnathron
@thetessinator
@cinderella_28_
@jose-cuellar-ramirez
@the-inkspiller
@karthminI’ve sent your submission in! Audrey or I will be back with the results as…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic A prompt war (Guild Wars #3) in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@allison-grace
@bekks2017
@sarah-inkdragon
@morreafirebird
@theinvizibleman
@lydia-writes
@devastate-lasting
@warrenluther04
@ajaj2000
@sageinthemeadow
@cowlick
@enu
@kara-lynn
@sarah-narnathron
@thetessinator
@cinderella_28_
@jose-cuellar-ramirez
@the-inkspiller
@karthminJust dropping in here for Audrey to remind you that the deadline is coming…[Read more]
-
Allison Grace replied to the topic A prompt war (Guild Wars #3) in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
I have finished! Tear it apart! ๐
I’m a bit worried the ending is meh.…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic July 2018 Accountability Thread in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey, Ereki! ๐ How did your goals for last week go? What are your new goals?
Mine are (is):
– finish tweaking my outline, or at least get halfway done with it before Thursday
*
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @TheInviZibleMan @lydia-writes @Devastate-Lasting @WarrenLuther04 @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @cowlick @ENU @Kara-Lynn @Sarah-N…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 11: Antagonists creating internal conflict in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
Happy Monday, Ereki!
I have a quick announcement before I post our annual theme discussion: I’m on the road driving (30 hours) to Realm Makers conference and back, so I won’t be on here that much until after the 25th. However, Pizza Ninja and Guildmaster @jane-maree is going to be popping in for me every now and then, so be sure to welcome her…[Read more]
-
Allison Grace replied to the topic A prompt war (Guild Wars #3) in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
-
Allison Grace replied to the topic A prompt war (Guild Wars #3) in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
I started writing! What do you think so…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Writing RPGs in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@the-inkspiller I’m sorry to say I’ve never played Dungeons and Dragons before, so I don’t think I’d be a ton of help. ๐ If my brother would get on the forum, I’d tell you to go to him, because he does a bit of that stuff.
I’m not sure if it would help, but I could do some brainstorming or something ๐
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic A prompt war (Guild Wars #3) in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@devastate-lasting that could work, though we’d want to make sure the judge of the guild wars doesn’t think they’re typos. ๐
It seems like we’ve had some good ideas coming…like the child being unusual, a little boy, and having the scene have something to do with life and death. Any further ideas? And it sounds like @allison-grace is going to…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic 2018 Week 9: Conflicting needs (an article) in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
@the-inkspiller I struggle with that one a bit too: I can do all the abstract stuff, but once I have to put it in a plot, it doesn’t work. I think it takes a bit of practice.
Hm…perhaps changing up the plot a bit could help then? It can be hard to write things we’re not super passionate about, though it is good to stretch our limits ๐
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Another Contest Story in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@the-inkspiller redemption in under 1,500 words is quite a tall order…and a great challenge ๐
I like the first idea a lot, though I think perhaps he can do something worse earlier on. Perhaps he volunteers for that assignment asย the war begins, because he’s afraid? But his central conflict (choosing to stay or go) would be quite powerful.…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 10: Character flaws in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
Good evening, Ereki!
As a quick note to our new guild members: you’re welcome to go back to the other annual theme discussions and do the assignments. Just tag me and I’ll check out your results ๐
Inspiration for this week’s annual theme discussion came from 2 Corinthians 12:7-9, where Paul tells of when he begged God to take away his weakness.…[Read more]
-
Northerner replied to the topic "Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 2 months ago
@The-inkspiller you will love Orthodoxy. (It’s the book he wrote after he publishedย Heretics, a collection of essays about problems with modern philosophy, and people said, “It’s all very well to tell us what not to believe, but what should we believe in its place?” and partly autobiographical.)ย And probably Queer Trades. Is The Blue Cross one o…[Read more]
- Load More












