@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Prayer Requests #1 in the forum Prayer Requests 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller Just prayed that God would give both of you wisdom on this issue and help you come to an agreement on what it looks like to invest time in both these pursuits in your life. Sounds like a hard issue to work through. 🙁
-
Sarah Narnathron replied to the topic Prayer Requests #1 in the forum Prayer Requests 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller: I’m sorry you’re going through that. I’ll be praying for you.
-
Devastate Lasting replied to the topic Revising a Story in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller I would also like to take a look at it, but currently I’m catching up on my homework and preparing for travel this week, so it’ll have to be later rather than now.
-
Filewriter replied to the topic Revising a Story in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller, I would love to! It sounds really interesting. I’ll help in any way I can. I might have to wait until later today, or tomorrow to read it though. I have to force myself to write a little bit, because I’m having trouble getting motivated. I will get to it soon. Definitely.
Do you want me to make notes on the document or just tell…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Revising a Story in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller I’ll take a look at it tomorrow 😉
Tagging some other Ereki who might be able to help…
@Sarah-Inkdragon @Devastate-Lasting @Sageinthemeadow @ENU @Karthmin @Filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @Sarah-Narnathron
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 17: Story conflict in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
Hey Ereki!
We’re moving along with our annual theme of conflict and will be focusing more on external conflict for a while now. If you’re new to Erekdale, you’re welcome to go back and read through all the previous topics on internal conflict. But now… onward to external conflict!
We often think of external conflict first when crafting a…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic August 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 1 month ago
Good morning, everyone! Time to make some goals… I’m also going to be changing up our accountability here a bit so it’s more “accountability” and not just “make goals;” On Thursdays I’m going to be checking in and asking how your progress is going and do some cheering if you need it 😉
My goals for this week are:
– make sure my plot matches…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Romance… *nervous cough* in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, I was joking. Being small is actually very fun sometimes… you can get on smaller rides, smaller places, and you have no problem walking under trees when your whole other company is ughing and swatting branches. It’s good you have the height, cause as much as I complain, I probably wouldn’t use it for much…
I have never me…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic A Reboot of Erekdale in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
@emgc @filewriter sounds great! You don’t have to be on here every day, but just popping in once a week or so would be great 🙂
@the-inkspiller wow, that’s close. Like I mentioned, it’s fine if you go dark for a little bit when you’re busy, though if it’s for a longer period of time, give me a heads up.
@devastate-lasting I say that to myself…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Writing RPGs in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller You should probably invest in some pre-made adventures. It would be like trying to write a book having only listened to audio books your whole life. You might be able to pull it off, but the paragraph structures and other things you can only get from reading will be off. For instance you will need to know how much description the…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Writing RPGs in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller If you are still looking for some help, I have played a lot of Pathfinder. I don’t know how different it is from Dungeons and Dragons.
We didn’t play with all the rules, but I have done a little bit of dungeon mastering. I don’t know what I could help with, but I should be familiar with the topic if you want a sounding board.
-
Sarah Inkdragon replied to the topic Romance… *nervous cough* in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller @anne-of-lothlorien
Yes, and it depends on personality as well. My boyfriend and I(dare I say it) are *slightly* more mature than most teens(I hope), being both Christian, homeschooled teens. We both have our futures thought about and careers that we want, which happen(surprise!) to be in the same area: horses, ranching, and the…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic A Reboot of Erekdale in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
Hello Ereki!
If you could PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ THIS, there’s some cool and important information here 😉
The other Guildmasters and I had a meeting a few evenings ago to go over the feedback from the survey you guys filled out, talk some things over, and brainstorm ideas for making the guilds even more awesome than they already are.…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Writing for money alone? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Not long ago, a number of friends and I were talking about the topic of writing solely for money. Then it came up as part of another discussion and I thought it was worth its own thread.
So, as a Christian, what do you think about writing for money alone?
Now, obviously, I don’t think a Christian should write something against what they believe.…[Read more]
-
Sarah Inkdragon started the topic Opening Of My Novel–Critique + I Need Help in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
So. It feels like I haven’t been here in forever. Literally, almost all summer, I did nothing on here.
I’ll blame that on working a full time job and not just a ton of video games and Discord chat rooms. *cough* Ahem. *cough* *choke*
Yeah. Okay. So I’m lazy. I don’t have internet very often, and when I do… well, I like my video games, okay?…[Read more]
-
Jonathan Brown replied to the topic The Building of Erekdale in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
Alright, guys, college is about to start, so I’ll be radio silent for a while still. If any of you guys (or untagged people you know) are fellow students at Texas A@M let me know, and maybe we can meet up in person. Until next time, sayonara.
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @lydia-writes @Devastate-Lasting @WarrenLuther04 @ajaj2000 @Sag…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic Introduction Thread 2.0 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
Welcome to the Introduction Thread 2.0! Here are five questions for you all to answer to us started. Feel free to comment on other peoples’ answers!
1. What’s the genre and a (brief) summary of your current WIP?
2. What’s one hobby you have other than writing?
3. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done in the name of writing?
4. If you’ve…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic New Ereki in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
Good afternoon! I have some exciting news today… a lot of new Ereki have come to join us!
Please welcome @princess-foo @Emma @emgc @taaka-merespinner @kelly-lundgren @catwing @ariednelle and @Snaps571 . I’m excited to have you all in the guild!
If you guys have any questions, feel free to tag me. You’re also welcome to go back through the…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller I’d say that’s a pretty great storyline to put in the background. And as for putting in a dialogue about your faith, think of Tolkien: never once in LotR did he argue for Christianity. He simply wrote Truth, which ultimately pointed back to God (those of us who are Christians saw that). There are other Christian authors as well who…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 16: When to pull back on conflict in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
Hey Ereki!
We’ve been talking a lot about putting conflict into our stories and how to do it, but now I want to pose a question: at what moments in a story should internal conflict (temporarily) die down?
Like action sequences, internal conflict rises and falls throughout a story; if it were intense all the time, it would feel stagnant and…[Read more]
- Load More












