@pursuewisdom
Active 2 years, 11 months ago-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic My First Graphic Art Collage: Critique… Please? in the forum Art Critique 7 years, 8 months ago
Hey that’s okay. I totally understand…and anyway, you have obligations to your guild before other random people like myself! 😉
-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic I have a crazy idea… in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Aw, thanks! A dinosaur hug?! COOLEST THING EVER!! 😀
Who cares what I thought? I’M JUST GLAD YOUR HERE!!! YAY!! 😀❤️ *tackle hug*
Yes, I love @evelyn‘s poetry! She’s so talented!
Okay, thanks! The Poetry Foundation sounds awesome.
*squeals* YOU TOO?!! Yay!! This is awesome! ❤️
Yes, I’ve been wanting…[Read more]
-
Introverted Elf replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I just really want to say that I, for one, love the whole Kylo-Rey show thing going on in The Last Jedi. I just love all of those scenes(well, except for that one part where Ben was missing a shirt…) when it’s just the two of them connected by the Force. I think they were both developed really well in this movie where B…[Read more]
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom: uh… ok, sorry but I’m going to recall that offer to comment XD (can I do that?!?) Sorry! its just life is getitng busy (were moving back to the states) and I don’t think stating my uneducated opinion is quite worth your or my time XD So ya, Thanks but, hehe, bye!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Thread of the Introverted Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Ooh, I loved TLJ.
Hm…fictional characters? I don’t know if I have any that I specifically relate to, just the dark angsty ones. *grin*
Fanfiction was one of the ways I got into writing. I did it even before I started coming up with my own original worlds. I’d take a show/movie I liked and make a character for it, then drop them into the plot…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom (so sorry! I didn’t see you’d made this thread when I responded a bit ago =P )
1) The Finn and Rose line was of course extraneous for the purpose of “everyone’s a bad guy!” Which I don’t think meshed with the “Rey could be eeevvviiiiiil and Luke is still an angsty boi” as well as Johnson hoped it would. I think Luke’s arc worked…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Check In – January Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom Sorry it took me so long to reply >.> And this isn’t an excuse, but I was grumpy when I wrote my last post and I really used an inappropriate tone. I’m sorry for that.
I’m gonna be honest: Having to be against the idea that women should have equal roles in society to men is one of the hardest things for me to accept as a Christian.…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom Wow. You are ready to dig into this thing! I don’t have thoughts on most of your questions, but here are some of my thoughts.
I didn’t think that the movie ever really drew attention to the fact that several key and powerful characters were female. There was no “Are you saying that because I am a girl?” or “You are just a girl, what…[Read more]
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom: well, thanks for tagging me, but I think i lack sufficient knowledge of the star wars movies to have any valuable contribution XD. I’m sorry but the princess bride is basically the only movie I’m really passionate about! However, after quickly googling which movie VIII actually was (hehe, ya thats how little I know XD) I can r…[Read more]
-
Quinn O'Fallon replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom Ooh–unlike a lot of people, I liked TLJ, so I’d love to pick it apart and discuss it. I’ll just stick with the first question for now, though 😉
TLJ was definitely a sprawling story, especially compared to The Force Awakens. I kinda liked that, how there were multiple threads happening at once. (Not as many as Infinity War…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Characters | Lesson 2 : The Basics in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 9 months ago
I’m planning on treating this topic as a mini way of making sure that we all can get a fair idea of everything about characters from the super easy things, to the hard things that we all struggle with. (If you don’t, then goodness. Please teach me.)
Pretty much, the first thing I wanted to talk about is going back to the very basics of what a…[Read more]
-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic My First Graphic Art Collage: Critique… Please? in the forum Art Critique 7 years, 9 months ago
*leaps into the air*
YAY!!!! YOU CAME BACK!!! 😀 (I haven’t seen you on the forum for awhile and I just kept on watching to see you get back on, because I missed you and now here you are!! *squeezes you tight*)
*cough*
Dearest madam, pray forgive that out burst. I was so overcome with joy that I could not contain myself. Please…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Check In – January Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
@pursuewisdom No problem! I found your thoughts very interesting and they didn’t spoil anything I didn’t already know. 🙂
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Check In – January Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
@pursuewisdom Great minds think alike! 😉
Now you’re making me want to see The Last Jedi just to compare notes afterwards. 😀 😀
Starting a thread in general discussions would be a good idea! And if you create it outside of the guild, more people will be able to participate, and you’ll receive more responses.
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic No Lesson this Week, and Some Changes in the forum Announcements 7 years, 9 months ago
@cassie-hartfinh
@esjohnson
@coggleton
@julia
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly
@evelyn
@ariella-newheart
@sarah-vdh
@steward-of-the-pen
@e-jo3
@writercatherine
@thewanderingtypewriter
@jade
@taylorclogston
@calebonline
@write-owl
@obrian-of-the-surface-world
@pursuewisdom
@azeline-d
@anne_the_noob14
@trufflehunter
@rebecca-w -
anne_the_noob14 replied to the topic Check In – January Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
@taylorclogston I can try! I’m not great at displaying strong emotions yet, but I suppose that’s all the more reason to try it! 😀
Do you think today’s entertainment (books & films, esp.) have been trying to push a more modern feminist agenda by creating more cardboard perfect female leads/protagonists? (Hmm… I’m thinking of Rey.)…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Check In – January Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
@pursuewisdom I have watched… half (?) of the Star Wars movies, but my siblings and I are working through the rest of them now that we’re older – and going in order. So I have not watched Return of the Jedi yet, but sometime in the next couple months I probably will. 🙂
My favorite was Rough One though, and I can explain if you’re curious why.…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Check In – January Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
@pursuewisdom Regarding the “feminist agenda,” I don’t think stories with bad characters will be remembered in the future, and we counter them by writing good stories of our own. There are a few specific executives in media companies, like Kathleen Kennedy for Lucasfilms, who are pushing for bland perfect women protagonists, but this isn’t some…[Read more]
-
PursueWisdom replied to the topic Check In – January Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
Wonderful discussion topic, sir! 🙂 Much thanks – this should help keep me more accountable in terms of my writing/reading.
What I Read: I’m currently reading The Brothers Karamazov and The Fiddler’s Gun by A.S. Peterson. Both are wonderful. I’ve not yet finished with either one yet though.
Also, I’ve been listening to an…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Characters | Lesson 1 : What do You Know? in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 9 months ago
Happy new year guys!
To be frankly honest, I was not expecting so much to have changed between this time last year and now. I mean, Story Ember’s didn’t even exist then. But anyways. That’s not what this lesson is about.
Before I get stuck into our new topic, I’d love everyone to tell me what they think about a few things. As you know, I’m…[Read more]
- Load More












