fb

Thread of the Introverted Writers

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Thread of the Introverted Writers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

I’m definitely not stealing this idea from @ericawordsmith, nope.

*coughs*

Okay, yes, this idea is  stolen from Erica, but I don’t think she’ll mind. Maybe I should have asked first.

…oopsie.

Anyway, hello, fellow introverts! I realize a thread like this may start rather un-introvert-like socialization, but we all need to get out of our shells once in a while, right? Right?

I, unlike a lot of people ’round these parts, have a rather small family. There’s just five of us, but my younger siblings (bro is 17 and sis is 13) are noisy. And my parents have their own ways of interrupting my writing time–which, I might add, I prefer to do alone.

Do y’all prefer to be alone when you write? Can you write with background noise? Sometimes I can and sometimes I can’t. Sometimes I need it just to be able to write coherently. *shrug*

I’m an INTP! I love writing and dabble in drawing (though I’m not good at it), but I love love love fanfiction. And anime. And thus, I’m tagging @kate and @sarah-inkdragon to start off the conversation. 😉

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Elizabeth.

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

*stumbles in and falls flat on my face, scattering books and dust everywhere*

Hello, I’m–

*violent sneeze*

… Sarah. Sarah Inkdragon, to be exact. I’m an INTJ, half dragon, and I enjoy standing in the shadows wearing a trench coat while staring at people.

*dusts self off*

I prefer being alone in my bed while writing, with my writing and gaming friends to chat with online. And background music or just noise in general is great… as long as it’s not the shrill voices of my five siblings screaming as they run through the house like young hooligans.

Fanfiction and anime are my life. I tend to write fanfiction for all my anime children only, but I’m thinking about writing a large fanfic for Avatar: The Last Airbender(which…. is technically still an anime? It’s a western anime, but still an anime some say.)…. so we’ll see where that goes. XD

Now… *hunts up fellow introverts* um…. let’s start with @devastate-lasting(I’m… pretty sure you’re an introvert? Yes? No? Maybe?) @karthmin (*squints* You’re an introvert as well, aren’t you?) @hope-ann (Hello there, fellow INTJ)

Hm…. we’ll start with that and then I’ll hunt down the rest of you introverts hiding in the shadows so I can tag you all. XD

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Oooh I know you! *snorts* Thanks for taggin’ the other introverts, Sarah!

And yes, ATLA definitely counts as an anime. About as anime as the US gets, anyway… @sarah-inkdragon

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@elizabeth

*attempts to bow gracefully*

You’re very welcome. 😉 I’m sure the rest will come out of their hobbit holes eventually….

Ahh, good. I always classified it as a western anime anyway… now I just need to get the plot worked out. And finish my other fanfics… 😐

- C. S. Lewis

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Ah, yeah…fanfics…*glances at the pile of unfinished stories behind her*…I’ll just ignore those @sarah-inkdragon

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@elizabeth

*cough*

You don’t want to see my google docs.

- C. S. Lewis

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

*waves* Hi. I’m on the extroverted writers thread too, because I’m some weird mix of introvert and extrovert. I’m supposedly an INFP (that’s what 16personalities tells me), but I’m close to J and self-type myself as E, so… I’m confusing. XD

Anyway, I’m Archer. I have five younger siblings between the ages of 1 and 11, so it is constantly loud in my house. I write primarily fantasy and sci-fi dystopian, but I’ve dabbled in just about everything else to some extent, too.

Background music is usually helpful for me, but not always. It depends on the music and my mood at the time.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

*waves* Hello Introverts. INFP here.

Background noise… *purses lips* I feel like this should be a simple question. Our house has a very open floor-plan, so I can’t really remember a time when it was anything like quiet, especially since there are fourteen of us. 😉 I used to listen to music on my headphones to escape, but developed a hearing disorder that effectually put headphones out of the picture. *sniffles* I still miss them. Sometimes, on stormy nights, I can still hear them calling…

I do have a very focused, one-track-mind, which is a blessing and a curse, as it allows me to block pretty much anything, but… it also allows me to block pretty much anything. 😛

If I write in the office/storage room my mom and I share, chances are I won’t be alone. There are two other computers in that room that the rest of the household uses. My brother does the accounting for his Etsy store (hand-carved walkingsticks sell like hot-cakes) there, my mom does all her accounting and bookwork for our cabin rentals there, and one of my other brothers likes to come in and look up geeky videos about rubix cubes, chemistry, and flying machines. Add to that smaller siblings coming in to get their shoes tied, their buttons fixed, spelling instruction, or just coming in to chat, and it’s a pretty busy place.

My parent’s bedroom is a little quieter, but not by much.

It used to upset me, but I learned to roll with it. Efficiency and focus aren’t everything. Time is measured in units of eternal value. Okay, so maybe I got one less page written, but I sure made my little sister happy by helping her tie off the edges of her woven pot-holder.

The mindset took discipline to use consistently, but it’s so much less stressful when you see it like that. Eternal perspective is very rewarding.

I do still like to listen to music when I can, though. Since I can’t use headphones, the rest of the family has gotten overdosed on Audiomachine, Peter Gundry, and Two Steps from Hell. XD

@elizabeth
    @sarah-inkdragon @r-m-archer

INFP-A. If you can't be brilliant, odd will do.

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@kate

Ooh, Audiomachine and Two Steps from Hell are a couple of my favorites. Although over the past year or so I’ve developed the ability to write even to music with lyrics (assuming I know it well enough so I’m not trying to memorize the lyrics. XD), so I’ve started listening to a lot of Owl City while I write instead of instrumental stuff.

@r-m-archer I LOVE Owl City, but I think if I tried to listen to it while writing my head would explode. XD

R.M. Archer
    @r-m-archer

@kate

Let’s not have that. Exploding brains are not good for one’s health, not to mention how difficult it is to write without a brain. ;D

@r-m-archer that. 😛

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@kate

Same thing in our house! Open floor plan, plus my room only has…. 1 1/2 walls, so I hear everything. Not to mention our house just has thin walls in general because it’s an old house. XD

- C. S. Lewis

I, David
    @i-david

“*INFP laughter*”

Hey! Vsauce here.

Wait.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Catwing
    @catwing

*grin appears* I am definitely an introvert. An INFP to be exact. *unvanishes to take a seat in a nearby chair*

@kate
    @R-m-archer I like Owl City too. 😀

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest