-
Jonathan Babcock joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years ago
-
Rose Sheffler joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Gracie replied to the topic A poem – Your love and Your faithfulness in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
That was beautiful @eitan .
-
Sam M replied to the topic A poem – Your love and Your faithfulness in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
Hi, Eitan. I’m sorry that you had a hard day.
I think the line should be “how lonely and miserable I became” instead of “what…”
I always love your poetry. I love how much you focus on God’s love and goodness. Thanks for posting this! This poem was relatable. 🙂
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic A poem – Your love is not imaginary in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
@eitan This was beautiful, thank you. I’m sorry you went through this time, but it’s beautiful that you have come out the other side of this with hope in your heart and new strength in Jesus.
From a grammatical standpoint, I spotted one line… “There are no cold and horror – I do not shiver” should be “There is no cold and horror – I do not…[Read more]
-
Eitan started the topic A poem – Your love and Your faithfulness in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
So, today was hard… But in the end, God gave me hope and rest. I’m even a little cheery as I write those lines 😉
This is the translation of the original Hebrew. I hope it’ll help, encourage or just make someone smile 🙂 Any critique, grammatical correction, or anything else is welcome.
Your love and Your faithfulness
You gave my heart…[Read more]
-
Computer again…
I found this poem. (It has thee’s and thou’s) But has rymne and meter.
It is true.Approach, my soul, the mercy–seat
Where JESUS answers prayer;
There humbly fall before his feet,
For none can perish there.
Thy promise is my only plea,
With this I venture nigh;
Thou callest burdened souls to thee,
And such, O LORD, a…[Read more]-
(The poem without thee’s and thou’s)
Approach, my soul, the mercy–seat
Where JESUS answers prayer;
There humbly fall before his feet,
For none can perish there.
Your promise is my only plea,
With this I venture nigh;
You call burdened souls to You,
And such, O LORD, am I.
And such, O LORD, am I.Bowed down beneath a load of sin,
By Satan s…[Read more]
-
-
-
Eitan replied to the topic A poem – Your love is not imaginary in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
@sam-m Thank you!!
Oh, just a typing mistake… Like, I know how to write know 😉 *embarrassed, but thankful*.
-
LizzyH replied to the topic Instagram/Bookstagram Help! in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
Yay, so glad to hear that! Sounds like a plan. 🙂
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic Instagram/Bookstagram Help! in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
Thank you all so much. This has really helped me clarify what I want to do.
-
Sam M replied to the topic A poem – Your love is not imaginary in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
Hi, Eitan! I really like your poem. I love the hope and truth that you pour into your writing.
Also, (because you’re really serious about grammar), I think you meant: I can know this for sure.
I look forward to reading anything else you post. 🙂
-
Mischievous Thwapling joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Kimmi joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic Not self-publishing for free? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
You should never pay for traditional publishing. If you pay, 99% chance it’s a scam.
-
Hobbitchild started the topic Last Day to Get my Free eBook! in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
Hey, everyone!
Just want to let you all know that tomorrow is the last day of my five-day free book promotion! It’s so cool to see all the interest in it. I’ve been working on the book for about two years, so if no one cared that would be discouraging, to say the least. But several writers have responded to say they would read it across dif…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Instagram/Bookstagram Help! in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
I like Lizzy’s thoughts. Honestly, I would try not to feel much pressure to make any immediate decisions on what you want your account to be. Instead, I’d just get an account, follow people you care about or find interesting, experiment with different kinds of posts, and see what sticks and what feels the most like “the real you” so to speak and…[Read more]
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic Instagram/Bookstagram Help! in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
That is really helpful. Thank you for taking the time to lay that out. I think probably I won’t start Bookstagram yet, just so that I won’t feel forced into it.
-
Beth Darlene joined the group Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Zee replied to the topic A Little Help with Free Marketing? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
Actually, @hobbitchild, it is ok to provide a free book in exchange for a review. This is such standard practice that Amazon allows it. However, the reviewer should indicate that he received a free copy for review purposes as opposed to buying one.
If you’re looking for potential reviewers, try BookSirens or IndieReviews. But as you may already…[Read more]
-
LizzyH replied to the topic Instagram/Bookstagram Help! in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
Instagram does have its merits for a marketing tool, and it can be fun to be a part of the bookstagram community. But feeling pressured into getting it is…not so fun. Please don’t feel like you absolutely have to get on or do a bookstagram, and even if you do decide to get on, it’s your account. You don’t /have/ to post every day if you don’t…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic A poem – Your love is not imaginary in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
Beautiful Eitan! Truly. Thank you for sharing.
(:
There are no cold and horror – I do not shiver
I believe, (sense you asked), grammatically it should be ‘there is no cold and horror’.
-
Thank you!! And thanks for the critique 🙂
Will edit if possible 🙂
(Though grammatically, isn’t it plural?)-
Good question. (I almost didn’t say anything because I don’t have any grammar rule I know to quote.) Then I mentioned it anyway… *wince* My brain, my /self/, why dost thou do this to thyself!!
Anyways…
Yes; it is plural.But ‘is’ /does/ go there. *Knowing I’m doing this horribly…I should ask my mother.*
It sounds wrong with ‘are’. I’ve nev…[Read more]
-
(I hope this makes more sense to you, than it does to me…)
‘The subject is “there”.
“There is” is the subject and verb.
“cold and horror” is the direct object(s)’But, at least I know I’m not crazy…. in the complete oblivious sense of the word…
Post Script: It was ‘Tal’ who answered my question…not my mother. (:
-
-
- Load More












