-
Jane Maree started the topic WORD WAR – November NaNo Special!!! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Yes yes, I know we only just finished a word war, but we’re changing up the schedule a bit.
Most of you probably know that November is National Novel Writing Month. A lot of you are participating in NaNoWriMo too (go Meerkats!!) so we decided that we’d scrap the prompt war and instead…do a month-long word war.
Starting: November 1
Ending:…[Read more] -
Jane Maree replied to the topic Meraki, get writing in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
GUYS, THIS IS THE MOST INSANE AND AMAZING WORD WAR WE HAVE EVER HAD.
We came second!!!!
Avensbeck – 26,627
Erekdale – 47,230
Rillumen – 48,371
New Wessex – 51,082
Meraki- 53,253
Parimi Alca – 72,127I’m SO PROUD of how much you guys wrote, and also so so excited that Parimi Alca won because THEY DESERVE IT!!! Just look at that word count!…[Read more]
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic Meraki, get writing in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@dakota @caleb-e-king @selah-chelyah @parker
Great job guys! I hope we go out with a bang of three out of four!
My final count came out even this time, 13,007! It’s been a productive week since I wanted to get some things done before Nano!
-
ProfessorSJB started the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 11 months ago
So hi all!
I know that it’s kind of last minute, but I am
thinkingof going to do NaNoWriMo this year… I was wondering if there were any veterans among you who could enlighten me or grace me with your wisdom. Since this is my first year, and also since I have next to zero time, I know it will be a great challenge, but I still want to try. I…[Read more] -
Jane Maree started the topic {Story Theory – Week 4} From Theme to Character Arc! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
Unique and realistic characters are something we all strive to write. No one wants to hear that the readers can’t connect or care for the characters we worked so hard on and spent so much time with. So we try to make them unique. We give them quirks and personality and struggles and fears and dreams and—
Hold on, Jane, what on earth does this hav…[Read more]
-
Selah Chelyah replied to the topic Which Guild is the Best? in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@ashira You are right on! Everyone, (all you Parimi Alca-ers, ) see how someone who is not in the guild knows it is the best already?
We write in the real world, too… not just fantastical. All genres welcomed, all creative ideas included. Jane Maree heads us, and she is a greatest guildmaster of all. EVER!!! She is amazing, supportive, t…[Read more]
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic What. in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 11 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@nicoleg
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@jane-maree (The best and most amazing Meraki trainer…[Read more] -
Jane Maree started the topic Guild Pages! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
So, a lot of you have probably already seen this, but oh well, let me announce it anyway. 😂
We’ve now got the guild pages up and running! *confetti*
Another little detail: you may notice that the list of Meraki guild members (aka you) is slightly different than what you put in the document. This is simply because I couldn’t have peoples’…[Read more]
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic Meraki, get writing in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@nicoleg
@theinconceivable1
@elizabethY’all, let’s get going!!!!!
-
ajaj2000 replied to the topic *Doors burst open* Well, better late than never! in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys it has been a while but I wanted to ask you guys if you know any writer aspies who outline? I’ve been trying to do K.M Weiland version for a while but I’m having trouble :/
-
Jane Maree started the topic {Story Theory – Week 3} Theme in Action: what your character believes in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
So far in our theme series, we’ve covered What Theme Actually Is, how to Narrow Down Your Theme into a focusing question, but how do any of these actually work in the story itself?
It’s all well and good to have a handy little focusing question and a bunch of answers, but how do we actively apply these to a story?
Here’s where we get to one of m…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic The Legends and Lore of Meraki in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@esther-sears
@caleb-e-king
@theswordinthebook
@thewirelessblade
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@elizabethIf you haven’t put your name down for your specific genre yet, please jump over and do…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic The Legends and Lore of Meraki in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
OKAY MEERKATS. Apparently there’s going to be a little ‘about’ page for each Guild and Josiah wants the content for them this week, and that content is meant to be our history and legends, etc. So…I guess we should continue brainstorming. XD
So we’ve got the idea of ranks/titles, and also maybe we’ll need some history (and background on why…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Mona Lisa Comedy! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
The announcement is in…
*drum roll*
THE LEAGUE OF INCREDIBLE MEERKATS WON AGAIN!!!!
I’m SO proud of how all of you chipped in so willingly and enthusiastically to edit my draft, and it was just the best to see such a great group effort. (And to those who didn’t get a chance to help out–don’t worry about it, you still get the…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
WE HAVE A NEW MEERKAT IN OUR RANKS!! The lovely @elizabeth is joining us, and I’m so excited to have her here!
She’s already decided that Meraki is the best guild ever so I think that’s off to a good start… 😂
Anyway–Welcome and thrice welcome to Elizabeth!! *throws…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic {Story Theory – Week 2} Focusing Your Theme in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
And here we are on the second week already. It might just be me, but my goodness I feel like each week is passing so quickly, halp.
Onto the next chat about theme!
(NOTE: if you didn’t read last week’s lesson, you’d best hop over to that, because this follows on directly and could be confusing without background.)
Since theme is the base…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Mona Lisa Comedy! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
OKAY I WROTE A FIRST DRAFT, GUYS.
At first I wasn’t totally convinced, but I think it ended up at least a tiny bit funny. 😛 It might not be a normal comedy, but I think it’s a good start. Better than nothing at least.
NOW IT’S TIME FOR EDITS! We’ve only got about four days, so edit away. Please add your edits in suggestions/comments so that we…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic The Legends and Lore of Meraki in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@e-b-raulands hmm…no idea. What does everyone else think?
-
Jane Maree started the topic {Story Theory – Week 1} What is Theme? in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
Welcome to our first week on STORY THEORY! *hands out pizza*
So I was going to do today’s post about plotters vs pantsters, but I’d gotten halfway through and I kept getting hooked up on how to describe something because plot isn’t the beginning foundation that most people consider it to be.
The fact is that theme is the solid core that all…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1Hello, oh my new guild members, and let me say a huge WELCOME TO YOU. *throws confetti and pizza* I’m so glad you could join us and I hope this is a place that can be a great encouragement for you. 😀
Come check out all the different things we’ve got going at the moment, and introduce yourself…[Read more]
- Load More












