*Doors burst open* Well, better late than never!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself *Doors burst open* Well, better late than never!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000

Hello, everybody!

I’m Aimie a nearly eighteen (a week away yay for me! :D) year old from the Gold Coast, Austraila.

I have been writing since I was twelve but I’ve told stories in the form of drawings before that.

I’m an aspie that really loves adventures and discovering new fantasy worlds so it mostly the only things I read and write.

Sometimes I feel more like a story generator than a writer because of my trouble to finish a story but I’m not giving up! (On those 50+ ideas ugh)

If anyone likes to share their work(s) in progress (like me) I’ll be glad to hear yours and even what you think of mine which I have put up in my profile.

They’re called The Key of Solaris (book one of a trilogy) and For Feynor (a day old idea with a work in progress title, so not sure what will happen with this one).

Anyway, I’m glad to be here and hope to make friends 🙂

Best wishes to you all! Aimie~

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

Howdy, @ajaj2000! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur), wish you a happy early birthday! 😃🦖 *hands you a book cake*

I used to draw my stories too (I didn’t actually start writing stories until way later 😅). Do you still like to draw? What medium(s) do you like to use? I use colored pencils and acrylic paint.

What’s your personality type?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

Welcome to Story Embers, @ajaj2000! We have a couple of other Aussies here, who I’m sure you’ll bump into soon. 🙂

What are some of your favorite books?

Wielder of a Red Pen | TheLiteraryCrusader.

ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000

@mariposa

Thanks for the cake! 😀

I’ve been focusing on writing more but I prefer digital drawing with a mouse.

I took the 16personalities test once and I got ENFJ but I don’t remember if I got a -A or -T. What about you?

@briannastorm

If I’m going to be honest, I don’t really have favourites if I like it (even if I have problems with it) it’s good in my book!

But I did enjoy Emily Rodda’s Deltora series (I’m planning on reading the other two series/Acts) and her Three Doors trilogy (Planning to reread those soon). I also thought Tony DiTerlizzi’s The Search for Wondla was very good and I liked Erin Hunter’s Warriors books (really behind though). I’m a sucker for animal stories like Redwall and I also enjoyed The Wingfeather Saga as well.

I maybe shouldn’t be asking this (*Looks at reading list* <_<) but what books did you enjoy? I mostly hang around the Young Adult area but who knows.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@ajaj2000 You’re muchly welcome! 🙂

I tried digital drawing a few times, but I still always go back to my colored pencils. 😊🙃

I’m an INFJ. I used to be an -A, but the last couple times I scored a -T.

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@ajaj2000 If you like YA fantasy, The Door Within and Dreamtreaders trilogies by Wayne Thomas Batson would probably be right up your alley. 😉 I also highly recommend The Wilderking trilogy by Jonathan Rogers.

I used to read fantasy almost exclusively, but lately I’ve enjoyed reading some historical fiction novels by Jody Hedlund and Melanie Dickerson. 🙂

ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000

@briannastorm

Hey Brianna, funny enough I had heard of The Door Within before. Finally looking at it I might try it thank you. Dreamtreaders also seems interesting to me as well I do like the trope of dreams these (at least the second one) stories tell. Heck, my second work in progress was thought up after reading a story with this trope (Even though my one doesn’t really have dream travel in it :P).

The Wilderking seems cool don’t think the summary I found gives me much to go on but no harm in trying. 🙂

The only historical fiction I know I read was Jules Verne’s Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea, and some book when I was way younger about an orphan girl who likes horses who runs away and disguises herself as a boy. Which maybe based on someone’s life story I thought they were both good even though Jules’s ending confused my younger self. (This just reminded me that I got a Jules Verne collection book that I need to read <_<)

Any reason you chose those historical books by those authors? I’m a bit of a history nut (the further back the better) but I haven’t found a historical book that intrigues me, not since transferring to homeschooling.

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@ajaj2000 A book review introduced me to a series Jody Hedlund had written about knights, which intrigued me because I’m fascinated by medieval times. I fell in love with her style after devouring those, so I started reading more novels by her.

Melanie Dickerson writes fairytale retellings—many of which are set in medieval times, so you can imagine why I like her books too. 😉

ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000

@briannastorm

Hey again 🙂

I checked their books but I don’t think now is the right time for me to be interested in them. But maybe they’ll catch my mum’s eye? (But thanks for those other books I’m guessing I’ll be getting them for my birthday) XD

Are you working on anything at the moment?

Caleb E. King
    @caleb-e-king

@ajaj2000 hello! Welcome to Story Embers! I’m pretty new here too! 😀

Young Writer. Crazy Reader. Happy Cartoonist. Author of www.calebeking.com
    Proud Meerkat!

ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000

@caleb-e-king

Hello 😀

Thank you for the greeting, I see we’re both apart of YWW 😛

What are you working on at the moment and by any chance did you have a look at mine?

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@ajaj2000 I’m foremost a professional editor, so I don’t have any large writing projects in the works, but I did just finish a proofread for a client. 🙂

Caleb E. King
    @caleb-e-king

@ajaj2000 you’re a part of Ydubs too! Cool!!

I’m currently editing my midieval fantasy novel A Silence in the Shadows. No I haven’t looked at yours. 🙂

Proud Meerkat!

ajaj2000
    @ajaj2000

@briannastorm

That’s cool! I hope your client is doing well with his or her book! 🙂

@caleb-e-king

That’s great! What is it about? You’re way ahead of me, my projects are only in the early stages of building 😛

If you are curious about mine they’re about a boy who loses his parents and finds a pocket watch which he finds has the power to time travel. He then goes on a journey to find a missing piece so he can stop his parents’ death from happening.

The second is about a boy with a destiny and a girl who wishes for more out of her life meeting in a way that shouldn’t have happened then they have to take a detour to save their land. (The versions in my profile are better)

By the way are you part of a guild? I’m in Erekdale!

Caleb E. King
    @caleb-e-king

@ajaj2000 Here’s the synopsis:
    Two young brothers, Jered and Faal Willii, are poor, hungry, and a little lonely. Their lives are simple, and they wish for more.

Then the tax collectors came. Mysterious bands of hooded people, coming and taxing innocent villagers without a cause – or so it seemed.

When one of their old friends are attacked by the tax collectors and then tell them that they are evil, Jered and Faal want to help. They are sent by their friend on a journey to receive magical wizard powers from a mysterious wizard in the mountains. With their new powers, they decide to fight the tax collectors, which they find out are monsters called Ocpots. But two boys against an army that is always growing more and more is an almost impossible case – until the Silents show up.

The Silents, a group of men and women trained in the arts of stealth, fighting, and endurance, have sworn to destroy the Ocpots and their evil cause. Jered, Faal, and the Silents join forces and begin to fight a long battle against the Ocpots. Then, on a mission to the Ocpot leader’s castle, Jered, Faal, and three other Silent friends, Crater Hawson, Belak Mander, and Angela Crystal, find out that the leader wants something so powerful that nobody but his race can handle it. The Silents struggle to stop him, but he is a very strong foe, and throws them back every time.

After a long time, Crater, Belak, and Angela are caught, and cannot help, so Jered and Faal must learn to work together and fight against him alone, in a battle to the death.

Yours sound cool! No, I’m not part of a guild yet.

Proud Meerkat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest