fb

What.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    I, David
    @i-david

*Looks up 11 easy steps to introduce yourself*

Uh–(Wait, no, don’t say that). Um–(No, that’s just as bad! Say hi!) HI. My name is *Glances at notes* your name here! (Dude. What even.) Ugh, er… Me! And myself! I guess…

To start, I am a person. Probably. I like words. Even though they often make me far too emotional. Speaking of excessive emotions, I am an INFP-T, and (probably) always will be.

As a probable person, I like things, too. (Wait, do humans like things? They do? Okay, good, just making sure.) I enjoy listening to the Twenty One screaming Pilots, and reading the Sanderson’s and Paolini’s. I also love writing. A lot. Even though I do very little physical writing to speak of. *Whispers* It’s a problem. But I still love it!

Lord allowing, I will finish my book, hopefully within a year. Unrealistic, I know, but one can dream. It is the 11th in a series of failed writing projects I have been a part of. And those are only the stories that had aspirations to actually become books. [NOTE: I do dabble in short (emphasis on short) stories and poetry, but those aren’t as likely to fail.] I have tried writing 1 fan-fiction (Narnia, and it was my first big writing attempt ever, so it failed gloriously), 4 fantasy stories, 2 science-fiction stories, and 3 speculative-fiction stories, 1 of which was collaboration between myself and four other young writers. Of those 10, only three still hold smoldering embers of hope to become actual stories someday, though I love the concepts of each of them.

But I do have a book which I think I can finish! I mean, it hasn’t burned to oblivion yet, whereas most other’s had, so… yay!

Outside of that, I write occasional aforementioned short-short stories and poetry, which range from okay to awful, and I love coming up with dialogue prompts. Why? Well my favorite aspect of writing ever is BANTER. Banter for days, please. A lifetime supply of banter. That, and my writing is very core-idea driven, which means that I come up with concepts, themes, and/or ideas which I love (usually subverting cliches, which I like to do) for characters, worlds, and/or stories, and then try my best to translate into actual words. (As one character would say, though: “I’ve seen your best before. You’ll definitely have to do better than that.”)

All that as a chaotic, unnecessarily long way of saying, “Hi. I’m I, David. Nice to meet you.”

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@i-david, hey there!! Welcome to Story Embers forum!! *throws confetti* Were glad to have you here!

If you want any help to finish projects, call on me! Plus, I love to offer feedback on writing!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

I, David
    @i-david

Woah. Confetti. Fancy.

Thanks for the offer, too. I really try to slug out projects on my own without much outside help, but as that hasn’t taken me terribly far, I may have to change that soon. (Plus, I’d love to join the Meraki’s, so…)

I do love feedback though! Especially the brutal, honest, spill-your-writing-guts on the floor kind. (Now if only I knew how this place worked so I could share something without being awkward…)

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Katherine Baker
    @kb-writer

Hello @i-david!

I am glad to hear you are a person. I am also a person. I find it unusual that we must clarify that we are people.

Wait… did you say probably?

I’m getting the feeling something’s going on that I don’t know about. 😛

I totally get how you feel about writing! I’ve only finished about 2 big writing projects, and by “finished”, I mean completed a rough draft. Haha!

You like poetry? I love poetry! If you don’t mind my asking, can you post one of your poems on the form?

Always remember you're unique...
    ...Just like everyone else

Donna Darling
    @donna-darling

@i-david Hello fellow newbie and-probably-person! I second the poetry thing, please do share if you feel comfortable!

Lover of spoop, baker of cake, ENFP, proud Hufflepuff.

I, David
    @i-david

Oh, well, uh… sure, then! Is there a protocol to this, though? Do I need some special codes or something? Or do I just… *Le gasp* post it here???

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@i-david, some people share writing here, others just post links. Some people even start new threads for it. It doesn’t really matter. Usually, a Doc link works the best to offer feedback.

Yes, I find feedback as one of the biggest helps for me!

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Hedges
    @h-jones

Haha! This introduction put a smile on my face. Nice to meet you as well, I, David. I go by Heather, and I am indeed a person as well, as far as everyone knows. It’s great that you write poetry! Who is your favorite poet, if you’re comfortable with sharing? Favorite piece of poetry?

As for posting your writings, yes, you can just post it. 🙂 No special coding necessary.

Also, you don’t want to join the Meraki. You want to join Avensbeck. Trust me. I know. *somber nod* No offense, @parker. *witch-like cackling*

(Another bit I feel inclined to tell newcomers, if you want to notify someone that you’ve replied to something they’ve said, you can tag them by using the @ symbol and then typing out their username – not to be confused for their display name. For example, while Parker Hankins’ display name is Parker Hankins, his username is @parker, which can be found directly below his display name. *thumbs-up*

I wish I had known that when I first joined. xD)

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

I, David
    @i-david

Well thanks, all!

@parker
    Cool, thanks. I think I’ll share this piece normally on here, though I’ll probably use mah docs for other projects.

@h-jones
    I appreciate the tip! Also, do I want to join Avensbeck…? Honestly, it’s a lot of fun to see the friendly guild rivalries that pop up. I can only wonder what the best one is, though…

Concerning poetry, well… I’m not quite sure. I don’t read conventional poetry much, but if I’d have to pick, my choice would be Tolkien, and specifically his translation of Pearl. Ugh, what an amazing story… Uh, where was I?

@kb-writer
    @donna-darling @everyone-else-who-wanted-this Here you go! This is one of my more… flippant(?) works, I guess? Not my best, but not my worst. (So I think that’s a win.)

Delusions

Let me tell you now about the man named Grandeur.

Listen to this tale and you’ll learn for sure!

In a land far away was the town of his birth

He was handsome, strong of stature, full of talent and mirth.

After a time, he was proud as could be,

No one could stop him—at least, none he could see.

He decided at length to be put to the test:

He would fight every man, and every man, he would best!

So to the nearest town he traveled and fought a whole clan,

And, indeed, in the end, he beat every man.

“Can no one defeat me,” taunted Grandeur with pride,

“Or have I tanned every one of your hides?”

At length, he looked, and there stood a child,

A boy, small of stature, his character mild.

“Ho, boy, do you see what has happened here?

“Do you see these men I have beaten, now cowering in fear?”

“Yes, I do, sir,” the boy said, “but you should take care.

“Pride proceeds the fall, so I warn you, beware!”

Grandeur, haughty and wild, had no ear for these things,

For in his pride, he felt even greater than kings!

“Bah, words of folly! I’ve no need to be careful!

Even an army could not make me fearful!

But you, cheeky boy! You let your tongue fly!

You’ll pay for your insolence; if you’re lucky, you won’t die!”

The boy only nodded, and drew a small dagger,

While Grandeur strode toward him, with overconfidence and much swagger.

The boy merely stood there, as if ready to wait forever,

Like a tree before a mountain, he took on this endeavor.

Then, when the mighty man reached him, the boy lifted his arm,

But Grandeur just laughed, believing he could do him no harm.

But, suddenly, to his chagrin, the boy lunged forward,

A pain shot through his right leg, and he felt as one tortured!

In a chink of his armor, there was but a puny gap,

And it was through this small hole that the boy’s knife had stabbed.

Grandeur roared, clutching his leg in great agony,

While the people all laughed to see this irony!

Grandeur’s pride was gone, and his power diminished.

His contest was over, and his fame was finished.

He returned to his home, greatly mortified,

Yes, he returned to his house, and there, he cried.

Now many fairy tales now-a-days you will here,

Of, Thranduil, and Nimrodel, of King Arthur and Guinevere.

Of fair Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and princess Snow White,

(And oh, how those seven mighty dwarves did fight!)

But never forget, lest you act as one immature,

Never, no never, forget of the delusions of Grandeur.

And on that note, I now know to only post short things in text form on the forum. The rest should definitely be doced. XD

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Hedges
    @h-jones

@i-david Ah, yes, Tolkien! I adore his works, though I’ve only read the bits found in his books. Your poetry is great too! I really liked it!

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@i-david wow, nice to meet you. Definitely never heard of you before. You seem interesting, very interesting. Question, though, why haven’t you finished that collab project with your friends yet? 😀

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

I, David
    @i-david

@hgm_barnes18 Harsh.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Katherine Baker
    @kb-writer

@i-david

I loved the poem! It’s so cute!  I laughed and smiled through the whole thing. It reminded me a lot of Aesop’s Fables.

Always remember you're unique...
    ...Just like everyone else

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

*gasp* are you…a dude INFP??? I don’t think I’ve ever met one before! *studies*

What? No, I’m not creepy. Just…hi. INTP. Mad Scientist of the MBTI?

@kate
     look. 

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

I, David
    @i-david

*Darn, there goes the probably-person story…*

Yes, I am a INFP, and happy to be one, too.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest