-
Inklingflame started the topic Short Story: In a Mother’s Arms in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 10 months ago
@mischievous-thwapling  (🤞I Hope this works)
Hey Everybody!
I wrote this story for my Mother’s birthday.  I would LOVE and critiques, criticisms, comments, or snide remarks (I know I messed up the alliteration;) you have. 😁  I have a poem introducing (for lack of a better word) my story, because…well why not! 😆 Anyway, here is the story:…[Read more] -
Inklingflame joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 10 months ago
-
amgmontavon joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 5 years, 10 months ago
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic Convention Tips? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 11 months ago
They are offering some interactive events, mainly zoom meetups I think.
-
Ari Austin joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 11 months ago
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Convention Tips? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 11 months ago
I have some familiarity with that convention (at one point I was tossing the idea around of attending it in-person a year ago or so before everything else in the world happened) but haven’t kept up with it in 2020. Are they just offering sessions or do they also offer agent appointments and other interactive events?
-
Laur_M joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 5 years, 11 months ago
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic Convention Tips? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 11 months ago
This is the first I’ve actually heard of that convention.
-
Sarahfi started the topic Convention Tips? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 11 months ago
I’m attending World Fantasy Convention online for the first time. Do you guys have any advice?
-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 11 months ago
I just want to pop in to echo @zee. This has been a really informative thread thus far. 🙂
And @rebekah-elizabeth, you’re doing a great job of gracefully taking feedback and building a stronger plan! I wish you all the best as you continue to work toward an end result (both with your project and the trajectory of your writing journey in general)…[Read more]
-
Birdman0926 joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 11 months ago
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Where do I go from here? in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years ago
I LOVE IT!!
Your story is so thrilling and well-written. It always leaves me on the edge of my seat!
-
Zee replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
Oh. It couldn’t have been that bad, could it? Better luck next time, I hope.
-
Vic replied to the topic Where do I go from here? in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years ago
@sam-m @emberynus-the-dragonslayer @melodyjoy @claire-h@anne_the_noob14 @joshuapior
Here it is. Finally. The end of the matter. Basically Part 3 revised. I included the entire “short story” here. Enjoy!
***
The tall buildings faded into a snapshot-perfect background, and her line of sight snapped into place. Her finger pressed gently against…[Read more]
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
@zee No, no. 😄I took it down.
-
joshuareidwriter joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years ago
-
Zee replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
Yes, thanks for sharing, @daeus-lamb. Every little bit helps. What’s the name of your novel? Is it still available?
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
@zee I feel similar. I’m not published, but marketing feels so nebulous and impossible- shouting into the void. Exactly.
@daeus-lamb Thanks for the resources!
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
@zee A novel I self-published several years ago was kinda like that. 😄I’ll just name drop my favorite resources on marketing and self-publishing.
. Absolutely anything by David Gaughran.
. Kindleprenuer.com
. It’s been a long time, but I remember Tim Grahl’s book’s standing out.
. The Novel Marketing Podcast!!!
And this is something going on…[Read more]
-
Zee started the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
As a recently (self) published author, I’m still trying to get my head around the concept of promoting/marketing my books.
Yes, I’ve sold a few books, but I don’t have a clear plan for how to go about getting them into the hands (or rather, onto the screens) of more readers. So far, all that I have done feels a bit like shouting into the…[Read more]
- Load More












