@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Andrew replied to the topic CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 2 months ago
@the-inkspiller, interesting. 🙂 Your story sounds really fun, oh, and also the characters!
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic A prompt war (Guild Wars #3) in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
A have an announcement: we are at war…again. And since Avensbeck has won twice since the guild wars began, we can’t let them win again 😉
Here are the rules:
– This is a prompt war, which means we’ll be given a writing prompt and must write something based on that prompt (clean and under 2500 words).
– This is a team event, so as many peopl…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic New Ereki in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@karthmin your story sounds fascinating! The themes do seem like they would be a lot to cover in just ten pages, but I imagine it’s going to be exciting as a longer story as well 😀 And yeah…stories are really pesky when we plan the themes but those themes change during the actual writing stage 😛
@the-inkspiller glad to have you here! The…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic July 2018 Accountability Thread in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 2 months ago
Happy Monday, Ereki 😀 Did you complete your goals for last week? What are your new ones? Mine are:
– Polish my short story
– Tweak my novel’s outline so I can begin edits
– Maybe write an article
*
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @TheInviZibleMan @lydia-writes @Devastate-Lasting @WarrenLuther04 @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @cowlick…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic Writing Conferences in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
‘Tis the season for writing conferences, so I thought I’d start up a thread about them 😀 Have you been to a writing conference before, or are you going to one this year? Which one? Are you planning on pitching your novel, or have you done so in the past?
I’m heading off to my second writing conference in St. Louis in a few weeks — Realm Makers.…[Read more]
-
ajaj2000 replied to the topic New Ereki in the forum Announcements 8 years, 3 months ago
@karthmin and @the-inkspiller
Welcome to you both 🙂
-
Sarah Narnathron replied to the topic New Ereki in the forum Announcements 8 years, 3 months ago
Allo, @the-inkspiller and @karthmin ! Welcome to the guild!
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic New Ereki in the forum Announcements 8 years, 3 months ago
Good afternoon, everyone! Today we have two new Ereki joining us, so please give a warm welcome to @the-inkspiller and @karthmin . I’m super excited to have you guys in the guild 😀 Feel free to ask questions and jump in to any topic. I already tagged you on the welcome post 😉
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @TheInviZibleMan @lydia-wri…[Read more]
-
Abbey Bishop replied to the topic Let the Ink Spill! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
It is A-OK to write dark stories. I find that dark stories can very effectively point out the ills in the world that other people ignore. Some Christian writers do sugarcoat their works (which is perfectly fine), but the real world isn’t all hunky-dory. There is so much evil in this world and in our own hearts too. I feel like…[Read more]
-
Northerner replied to the topic Let the Ink Spill! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
@the-inkspiller, and I don’t even know Greek! Isn’t it a great feeling when someone gets an obscure reference you make?
Do finish the Chesterton anthology (which is it?). And tell me what you think, if you remember. He’s one of my favourite authours.
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Let the Ink Spill! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
@the-inkspiller Wow your life sounds busy! (And good luck with your girlfriend! That’s really exciting!! 🙂 )
I’ve read the Inheritance Cycle too and enjoyed it. I also really enjoy Shakespeare, (Macbeth is amazing and I also really like Twelfth Night) but I am not a fan of Mark Twain – especially Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court. :)…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Let the Ink Spill! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
Hi @the-inkspiller! Welcome to Story Embers! (I love your profile name by the way. 🙂 )
I’m Evelyn and some of my story turn out pretty dark too. I try to use it though to contrast great light. Like @northerner mentioned stories don’t have to have explicitly the Christian gospel tacked on at the end but through darkness and how the characters…[Read more]
-
Northerner replied to the topic Let the Ink Spill! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
@The-inkspiller I’m glad I could help! Also, out of curiosity. . . Kyreleis. . . where does her name come from? Because it looks a lot like it could be a contraction of Kyrie Eleison, which given what you wrote about her in the first post is very interesting. Or just an accident?
And good luck with having to end up writing a very different story…[Read more]
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic Let the Ink Spill! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
Welcome, @the-inkspiller! You like some interesting genres. Hmm. You offered help to critique others’ work. I could use some of that.
-
Northerner replied to the topic Let the Ink Spill! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
@The-inkspiller ooh, another hist-fic writer, nice! What periods do you gravitate toward? And combining historical and science fiction could be awesome. I don’t have a head for science, myself, but I admire people who not only understand it but can make it enjoyable to read about. I suppose everyone read the Ender’s Game series before I did…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Let the Ink Spill! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
@the-inkspiller, welcome to Story Embers!
I write all types of stuff, I don’t have a particular genre I write in. Though I do really like fantasy, because I can make up my own world. I used to write sci-fi more… but whatever! Characters are also fun to come up with. Then you can create your plants, animals, and all the different materials of…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Let the Ink Spill! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
Welcome to the embers of light! 🙂 My name is Wordsmith (or at least that’s what they call me). As you have asked for hugs… Here is a hug *sends hug*.
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic Welcome to Erekdale! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 4 months ago
*alights on an emerald green phoenix* Welcome to Erekdale, aka the Guild that is Destined to be the Greatest 😉
I’m your Guildmaster, Audrey Caylin. Some of you may know me from around the forum or elsewhere in cyber-univserse as a phoenix-loving, notebook and feather obsessed bookdragon and writer. I’m so glad to have you all in my guild…[Read more]












