@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Time to sharpen your words… (A Prompt War) in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
I just received the results of the guild war *drumroll*
.
.
.
The Meraki guild won and Parimi Alca is the honorable mention!
So no, we didn’t win, but GREAT JOB to everyone who helped with the prompt! You guys did an excellent job putting our submission together and editing it with such great teamnwork and creativity. While there are…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 20: Writing about ghosts + an announcement in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
Good evening, Ereki!
First, I have an announcement: when the other guildmasters and I met several weeks ago, we decided that the annual theme discussions won’t be “annual” anymore. Meaning whenever we feel like we’ve exhausted our exploration of a topic, we’re free to pick another one. So I have two questions for you:
1) Do you feel like we’ve…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic September 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years ago
Alrighty, another Monday is here. What are your goals? And if you have any suggestions for fun intros I can use, feel free to give those as well 😉
*
@Sarah-Inkdragon @Devastate-Lasting @Sageinthemeadow @ENU @The-Inkspiller @Karthmin @Filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @Allison-Grace @ENU @emma @Sarah-Narnathron @ajaj2000 @Wa…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Time to sharpen your words… (A Prompt War) in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@sageinthemeadow @enu @karthmin @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @enu @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @ajaj2000 @the-inkspiller @filewriter @allison-grace @emma @sarah-narnathron @warrenluther04 @lydia-writes
Just as a quick heads up for everyone, the submission is due tomorrow, so if you haven’t had time to contribute edits (if…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Time to sharpen your words… (A Prompt War) in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@sageinthemeadow @enu @karthmin @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @enu awesome! I’ll look over it later today 😀
@everyone else @Sarah-Inkdragon @Devastate-Lasting @ajaj2000 @The-Inkspiller @Filewriter @Allison-Grace @emma @Sarah-Narnathron @WarrenLuther04 @lydia-writes
Feel free to come join in for the editing process here! This is a…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic September 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years ago
@Sarah-Inkdragon @Devastate-Lasting @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @ENU @The-Inkspiller @Karthmin @Filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @Allison-Grace @ajaj2000 @ENU @emma @Sarah-Narnathron @ajaj2000 @WarrenLuther04 @lydia-writes
How are you goals going? Need any cookies/encouragement? 😉
-
Devastate Lasting replied to the topic September Critique Piece: Broken Things in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
And I’ll attempt to tag everyone…
@Sarah-Inkdragon @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @ENU @The-Inkspiller @Karthmin @Filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @Allison-Grace @ajaj2000 @ENU @emma @Sarah-Narnathron @ajaj2000 @WarrenLuther04 @lydia-writes
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 19: Creating story conflict in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
Good evening, Ereki!
Thinking over your feedback from last week, I’ve decided to alter the direction of our annual theme discussion a bit: incorporate more analyzing of stories and practice exercises, though with an occasional discussion and article. However, I’m saving a “writing” exercise for next week, since we’re working on our guild war…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Revising a Story in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
@the-inkspiller I’d say go for a novella. Though I just enjoy really long stories, so it might be biased advice 😉
You’re welcome!
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic September 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years ago
@lydia-writes yay, I’m glad you’re back 😀
@Sarah-Inkdragon @Devastate-Lasting @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @ENU @The-Inkspiller @Karthmin @Filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @Allison-Grace @ajaj2000 @ENU @emma @Sarah-Narnathron @ajaj2000 @WarrenLuther04
What are your goals for this week?
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Revising a Story in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
@the-inkspiller I just finished going over your story and left some big-picture comments in there. Regarding the five things you mentioned:
1) Style. I’m assuming you mean writing style, and I’d say it was interesting and pretty concise. Some parts had a bit too much subtext, resulting in me being confused. So clearing up some of that could…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 18: Check-in time! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
Well, it’s Tuesday night, so I’m a bit late for this. My classes started up this week so things are a bit hectic 😛
That aside, this week’s annual theme discussion is a bit different. Different in that I’m asking where are you at with our annual theme discussion? In the future, are there any areas you’d like me to cover more, suggestions for…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Prayer Requests #1 in the forum Prayer Requests 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller that’s wonderful to hear 🙂 I hope things keep getting better, and I’ll definitely keep praying for you both.
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic Time to sharpen your words… (A Prompt War) in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
Well… they’re back. The guild wars have finally returned 😀
If this is your first war, here’s a rundown of the rules:
– This is a prompt war, which means we’ll be given a writing prompt and must write something based on that prompt (clean and under 2500 words).
– This is a team event, so as many people as possible should try to work toget…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic September 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 1 month ago
Good evening, Ereki!
Sorry this is a bit late, but here is our September accountability thread! Post your goals below and we’ll check in again on Thursday to see how they’re going 😉
*
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @lydia-writes @Devastate-Lasting @WarrenLuther04 @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @cowlick @ENU @Sarah-Narnathron @TheTessi…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic THE END OF THE YEAR CRITIQUE CHALLENGE in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
Good morning, Ereki 😀
With only four months left in the year (sorry, I had to say it), I present to you today a challenge *unravels scroll* *clears throat* *uses epic voice*
THE END OF THE YEAR CRITIQUE CHALLENGE
The challenge is for each guild member to present a piece of writing for critique once a month, for three months (September,…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Prayer Requests #1 in the forum Prayer Requests 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller I will be praying for you and her.
If I may, I’d like to say that people, as the living stories that God weaves together to showcase His truth and His Gospel, are of greater importance even than our work as writers. We are, after all, merely imitators of the Great Storyteller, and He tells His story in our lives and the lives of…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Revising a Story in the forum Critiques 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller my week collapsed a bit, but things slow down over Monday, so I’ll have finished reading it by this time next week 🙂
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic August 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 1 month ago
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @lydia-writes @Devastate-Lasting @WarrenLuther04 @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @cowlick @ENU @Sarah-Narnathron @TheTessinator @The-Inkspiller @Karthmin @Filewriter @princess-foo @emma @emgc @taaka-merespinner @kelly-lundgren @catwing @ariednelle @Snaps571 @Jose-Cuellar-Ramirez
How are your goals going…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Prayer Requests #1 in the forum Prayer Requests 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller I’m really sorry to hear that 🙁 I’ll definitely be praying that God gives both of you peace and wisdom to work out this issue.
- Load More












