@pursuewisdom
Active 2 years, 11 months ago-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic My First Graphic Art Collage: Critique… Please? in the forum Art Critique 7 years, 8 months ago
NO! You’re fine! I was just being goofy…I am not offended at all!!!
And that’s okay, because I did the same thing in my own guild! Please don’t feel bad! And public messaging was just fine. 😀 Aw, shucks!! I want to keep up with you too!❤️❤️
-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic Les Miserables…The Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
I’m reading the 2012 edition from Fall River Press, Barnes and Noble. It’s very readable, doesn’t have any syntax translation and I have no idea if it’s accurate or not…I’ve never read any other translation. 😛 It doesn’t have any type of preface, introduction, footnotes, or any of that joojazz…just the story from cover to cover.…[Read more]
-
eden anderson posted a new activity comment 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom Oh hey!😊 No, I don’t mind at all! This is great!
Wow, those sound like some really good books! I’m familiar with the first too, but have only read an abridged version of Tale of Two Cities…the last two books sound really cool! (My to-read list just keeps on expanding…😀)
Yeah, I’ve done A LOT of brain storming this past year,…[Read more]
-
@eden-anderson
😀 Awesome to hear from you!!
Yeah, actually I found some wonderfully read classic/public domain audiobooks for free (no account is even needed) from LibriVox.org. If you would some recommendation/links – let me know!
(I forgot to mention that those were what I read last week.)So. Do you like Hannah More? 😉
David Copperfield is…[Read more]
-
@pursuewisdom
*squishes you in a hedge-hug* 😊Yeah, I’m familiar with LibriVox! It’s awesome! I mostly listened to it when I was younger…I should go check it out again.
Yes, Hannah More is like my new historical hero! I love learning about obscure people in history who did amazing things, without all the fame and attention. She was a really…[Read more]
-
@eden-anderson
😀 Awesome! I found Elizabeth Klett to be an EXCELLENT reader of the classics (I listened to her solo of The House Of Mirth, and she also read the part of Jane in the dramatized reading of Pride and Prejudice – both on LibriVox/Internet Archive). 🙂Yes! Totally agree with you about Hannah More. I wish they’d make a biopic film…[Read more]
-
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Calling all SCI-FI WRITERS! Idea propositions! in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom Thank you! 😀 I’m usually terrible at coming up with names, so I was super happy when I stumbled upon this gem of a name, Rin. 🙂 *whispers* Pinterest is great for finding names. 😉 I’m about 27k words through the book, and not even halfway through my outline. (I actually may only be a fourth of the way into my outline O.O )
Ooh,…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Check In – January Week 4 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom Thanks for the recommendations! I’m not familiar with the latter two books you mentioned.
I’m having some similar issues with my not so unique characters =P I’m looking at maybe needing to combine two main cast people into one for a WIP, and since they have a lot of interactions I really enjoyed writing, I just don’t want to.…[Read more]
-
Steward of the Pen started the topic A WIP Update and a Cry for Help in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
Hey Parimis!
So, as some of you may remember, many moons ago I was working on a long fantasy series called The Alpha Saga, but set it aside towards the end of August for various reasons. I outlined those reasons here. I also mentioned that I was working on a new standalone novel, set some goals I had for completing it, and fully intended to te…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Characters | Lesson 2 : The Basics in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom Great minds think alike, my friend. 😉
-
The Deranged Ninja replied to the topic Calling all SCI-FI WRITERS! Idea propositions! in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years, 8 months ago
I’ve really only read Star Wars when it comes to Sci-Fi reading(I think). But I’ve read a LOT of SW and loved it. My fave author for Sci-FI would definitely be Timothy Zahn, just because, he’s awesome. And books, THE THRAWN TRILOGY. Ahem. Thrawn is best. That’s all I’m going to say.
Hm. I might be able to. I’ll have to see.
Well.…[Read more]
-
Thomas started the topic Finish (Concluding Absence/Family Loss and The Story Continues) in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@dakota @i-david @jane-maree @mgtask @ericawordsmith @lin @selah-chelyah @ashira
@parker @e-b-raulands @pookiemonster @pursuewisdomYou’ve been tagged because I said (indirectly) that I’d continue this story when stuff happened. It did. And it seemed to have a conclusive ending. But let me start from the beginning, just in case there’s anyone…[Read more]
-
Introverted Elf replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I’ll be sure to check out that video! 🙂
I know, Rey and Ren made TLJ interesting. I wasn’t really a fan of the whole Finn and Rose thing; I know it had some purpose to the movie with them eventually getting into Snoke’s ship and all, but it felt like they were going on a rabbit trail with that. Rose’s relationship with F…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Characters | Lesson 3 : The Motive in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
The motive of your character is important. The motive is what drives your character forward, and makes every scene feel strong and meaningful. The character’s motive is what brings about the theme, and what pushes the plot along. Your plot is driven by your character’s motive. Therefore, the character motive could be the most important f…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Check In – January Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom First, I want to say thank you for actual intelligent conversation. I work in an environment where lots of lazy people nonetheless have very impassioned political views.
Some of the most recent ones I heard were “they’ve [the person never clarified who ‘they’ are] proven Trump is the first president ever to stand up for what’s…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom If memory serves me, we had some different perspectives, but I’ll tag @brandonmiller and @gabriellepollack for their direct thoughts.
I wouldn’t call Ray a Mary Sue because she flaws and fails at points. Her parentage is regularly a weakness of hers in TFA and TLJ, and she’s easily manipulated by Ren & Snoke. In TFA, she also lost…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom If memory serves me, we had some different perspectives, but I’ll tag @brandonmiller and @gabriellepollack for their direct thoughts.
I wouldn’t call Ray a Mary Sue because she flaws and fails at points. Her parentage is regularly a weakness of hers in TFA and TLJ, and she’s easily manipulated by Ren & Snoke. In TFA, she also lost…[Read more]
-
Kari Karast replied to the topic Calling all SCI-FI WRITERS! Idea propositions! in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years, 8 months ago
Technically I’m not a Sci-Fi writer but I have a book that’s planned out in my head that I’m planning to write that’s Sci-Fi.
(I also enjoy reading Sci-Fi. Although that’s not really relevant, so… I’m just gonna… go… now… *teleports out*)
-
Steward of the Pen posted a new activity comment 7 years, 8 months ago
Hey @pursuewisdom!
Yep, I’ve been following the conversation, but just hadn’t had a chance to gather my thoughts and write a post. (I think everything I was going to say has already been said anyway. xD) But if I have any new thoughts to add, I’ll definitely try to pop in and share them.
Thanks for including the crazy apprentice Sith over here! 😉-
Hi @steward-of-the-pen !
I meant to reply earlier but missed actually doing it – sorry!
🙂 Alrighty! That’s great to hear that you’ve been following the thread!Haha – feel free to jump in if/when you wish 😉
Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
-
-
Taylor Clogston started the topic Check In – January Week 4 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
What I read – Emmanuel by Angela R. Watts, some of The Fall of Gondolin by J.R.R. Tolkien, WAR by Sebastian Junger, Homeland: Legend of Drizzt: Dark Elf Trilogy, Book 1 by R.A. Salvatore, some of Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie
What I wrote – Concept and some paragraphs of a short story I intend to submit to SE, some copywork of T…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom It’s funny that you share that video because several of us on staff had a discussion about that very video a couple months back. xD I actually don’t mind the character of Rey in the new trilogy and would hesitate to call her a Mary Sue as the Youtuber does. I would agree with him, though, that her character is rather mishandled and d…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Check In – January Week 2 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom Thanks so much for the thorough write-up!
And thanks for you sharing your personal thoughts as a woman regarding the doctrine. This always seems weird to me hearing women have this position. It baffles that there wouldn’t be an emotional resentment toward it, even if it’s rationally proper doctrine. I’ve known plenty of young…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic INTO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY – The Last Jedi – Discussion & Analysis in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom I used to not think Rey was a Mary Sue, until I saw this video explaining it. Now I do.
- Load More












