fb

Finish (Concluding Absence/Family Loss and The Story Continues)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Finish (Concluding Absence/Family Loss and The Story Continues)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
    @thewirelessblade

@dakota @i-david @jane-maree @mgtask @ericawordsmith @lin @selah-chelyah @ashira

@parker
    @e-b-raulands @pookiemonster @pursuewisdom

You’ve been tagged because I said (indirectly) that I’d continue this story when stuff happened. It did. And it seemed to have a conclusive ending. But let me start from the beginning, just in case there’s anyone new.

Almost two weeks ago, my grandma on my dad’s side passed away. It was probably a heart attack, but I’m not sure. This shook up our family a good bit, as you might imagine. We soon planned to make the 20+ hour travel down to Florida for the funeral. But God had other plans for us, it seems.

The day before we were meant to go to Florida, my mom had to run my dad to the hospital. Reason: Something involving the gail bladder and a bad diet. Us kids went to our other grandparent’s place and stayed there until Wednesday.

Meanwhile, our parents took a plane to Florida, but missed the funeral (crummy weather, eh?). After several delayed flights, they got back home Wednesday night.

We kids played video games, helped with a food drive and celebrated a birthday.

Now we’re all back at home. My dad’s recovering just fine and Lord willing, he’ll turn out just fine. We learned some interesting stuff through this:

• We’re related (by marriage) to one of the main developers of Fortnite (Save the World). Yes he’s rich. We’re thinking of contacting him. You really can’t find him online, though. Kinda weird.

That’s about it.

We made it! Thank you for all your prayers, they helped, though I never really noticed.

Now things are normal enough. For now. I’m sure something will change. Like me moving, or publishing a book. Whichever one comes first.

Many thanks,

Blade.

*Forum Signature here*

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@thewirelessblade

Wow, what a story! I am glad your dad is alright and sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother. My own grandpa passed away a couple weeks ago.

Hope life runs smoothly now!🙂

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

I’m glad you’re all back home safely! Thanks for keeping us updated. 😀

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Parker Hankins
    @parker

@thewirelessblade, wow!! That’s all crazy!! And sad. And crazy!! I’m glad everything’s back to a normal.
    I will continue praying though.

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@thewirelessblade

Oh wow… That is all so crazy!! I’m so glad though that everything is beginning to settle down again. Me and my family have been praying for your family, so it’s great to hear that everything is calming down. 🙂

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Dakota
    @dakota

@thewirelessblade  That’s all sounds wild and crazy, Blade. But I’m glad your Dad’s doing well and I will still be praying. (Psalm 23)

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@thewirelessblade Oh, wow what a crazy time for you guys!  Glad things are getting somewhat back to normal.  I am SOO relieved your Dad is okay.  My great Grandma died several months ago.  So sorry for your loss, Thomas.  I will keep praying.

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

PursueWisdom
    @pursuewisdom

@thewirelessblade

Oh goodness! Thanks for the update, I’m glad to hear about your family’s returning to a more normal state of things. 🙂 Prayers and blessings!

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." ~Th.Jefferson

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@thewirelessblade

Thank you for the update! Glad to hear things are doing better, and praying that God will continue to bless you all and show you where to keep going. 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

E.B. Raulands
    @e-b-raulands

Thank-you for the update. I’m sorry your family had to go through these trials but am glad to hear that life is working towards being normal again. I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

To the glory of God and for the advancement of His kingdom.

I, David
    @i-david

Alright, thanks @thewirelessblade. Blessings to you.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest