-
Brandon Miller started the topic A Fun War in the forum Announcements 8 years, 3 months ago
Okay so the last Guild War Prompt was a little heavy. That’s okay, sometimes life is heavy and stories must be honest.
ON THE OTHER HAND, we don’t want to leave everybody feeling low, so this time around we’ve got a more… light-hearted prompt: “Write a scene from the point of view of a five-year-old who has an engaging character voice.”
Due…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic 2018 Week 11 – Scavenger Hunt in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 3 months ago
Hey Everybody,
I have some important announcements so I’m going to give them their own topic.
This week’s prompt is a scavenger hunt. Open up your favorite book and find a description you love. Once you’ve got it, share it here along with a short explanation of why you like it or how it works.
Can’t wait to see what’ you’ve g…[Read more]
-
Ariella Newheart replied to the topic CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt I agree, Maraly was a good character! And I see that you’re also a Wingfeather Saga fan. 😀 *salutes you*
@andrew Thank you! Apparently Zillah means shadow, and I decided it was perfect for her character. 😉
-
graceabounds2129 replied to the topic Welcome to Rillumen! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 3 months ago
@wordsmith Oo! I will have to add that blog to my list.
@nuetrobolt Yay! I’m about to read The Wingfeather Tales and I am super excited 🙂
I’ll have to catch up on the other replies later… Ah! Going to be late for church!
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Karthmin Is Here in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
Thank you everyone!
@parker *is showered in confetti* Love the spirit, but it always gets stuck in my… oh wait, I don’t have hair XD Thank you for your well-wishes. 🙂
@wordsmith That’s so awesome that you’ve begun to pick up writing in earnest over the past year and took the dive into having a blog as well! I had a blog for a few years during…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Character Names… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
-
Emma Starr replied to the topic John J. Horn in the forum Story Analysis 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt Yes!!
-
Andrew replied to the topic Character Names… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt, okay! I’d probably be sunburned all the time if I was there, because my skin is very sensitive. Where I live, its usually cooler.
@samuel, yeah, sometimes ‘Octabbrell’ might sound like some underwater creature name, some oddball personality name, or just something that goes with the character Chesna Octabbrell is…
And Velraider i…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Character Names… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt, the creature on my profile picture is a porg from Star Wars. (Well, if I ever change it, some people might look at my profile picture and narrow their eyes in confusion). But whatever! *laughs*
And from Canada, you said? Cool! I’m just from this country, USA, of course! *laughs again*
-
Andrew replied to the topic The Crimson Dove in the forum Poetry Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt, that’s okay. 🙂
-
Northerner replied to the topic Let the Ink Spill! in the forum Introduce Yourself 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt, but the Head! It creeps me out.
-
Jenwriter17 replied to the topic CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt Wow, I guess Danni could take some lessons in adventurous eating from your Opa. 😉
@andrew wow 8 siblings?! There are four total in my family.
-
Andrew replied to the topic CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the forum Characters 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt, okay. 🙂 Well, have fun writing in the worlds of your own!
-
Andrew replied to the topic The Crimson Dove in the forum Poetry Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Thank ya’ll you liked my poem!
*Suddenly irritated just recently because the power went off*
@jenwriter17, that’s okay. Don’t worry about it. *sends a little emoji* 🙂
@nuetrobolt, so, what poem have you been up to recently? I’m still wondering if I should like get all these types of made-up animals, then write a poem about them and also giving…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Character Names… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt, okay. 🙂
I noticed you changed your profile pic. What type of parrot is that there?
I may (just maybe) change my profile pic sometime. But if I did, I’d probably have it be a picture of myself… so you know how I look. But if you’re wondering how I look (which you may totally be not) I’m somewhat short, actually, with red hair a…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic I met my goal! in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 3 months ago
-
Evelyn replied to the topic The Crimson Dove in the forum Poetry Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt Meter isn’t needed in a poem, it’s just one way to write it. 🙂
@andrew I’m going to try to quickly explain meter the best I can:
In English words we have syllables: “Nap-kin” – that’s two syllables there. Notice though that when you say it you stress the first syllable. “NAP-kin,” – like that. Well to use meter in poetry, you take…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic Welcome to Rillumen! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 3 months ago
Hey @wordsmith
I’m uh… late to the party. Thanks @nuetrobolt and @graceabounds2129 for stepping in and helping us out.
I’m not sure when the next guild war will be, but I’ll be sure to get you tagged and in the loop when it starts. If you have any more questions, feel free to throw them at me over on the questions page. You’ll (probably) ge…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic The Crimson Dove in the forum Poetry Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Tagging some people: @jenwriter17, @the-fledgling-artist, @evelyn, @nuetrobolt. Anybody else. What do you think about this poetry?
-
Andrew replied to the topic Character Names… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@nuetrobolt, thanks. 🙂
Sometimes if you can’t come up with a name, keep sounding out all those weird yet interesting made-up words in your head until you come across one that is cool and you think fits your character. Some of those last names I made up…
But anyway, if you want some name ideas, I can give some to you. (I hope that doesn’t s…[Read more]
- Load More












