Character Names…

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Character Names…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Hello, back again! If you think I should tweak or do something with one of these character names, tell me. But… here they are:

Peirce Haxington, Earl Goldenfinger, Velraider Macawshi, Kady Ranks, Magnar Davonte, Jerrick Ledge, Chesna Octabbrell, and Wilton Thurlow.

The genre I’m writing in right now is fantasy, and to make them sound more fantasy-ish, please tell me what you think of them. I’ve only really wrote in my story about Peirce Haxington, Earl Goldenfinger, and Velraider Macawshi so far (not counting the little cardinal Argus).

But anyway, I also have some character names I just put together if anyone feels like using them for some random reason:

Perla Rockledge,  Vadin Ludwig, Arundel Macmahan, Tyrin Upshaw, Ky Kal Kontar, Wolcott Xenophon, Zeb Londer, and Shonda Dagwood.

Okay, some of those may sound a little weird, but I just felt like writing them. Ha, ha, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Muhahaha!"- Unknown Villain

Carolyn Matthews
      @carolyn-matthews

They’re all lovely. I used to make up weird names too. Still do, just not as much!

A God-fearing, singing beast who loves to escape into the pages of her stories whenever possible

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@carolyn-matthews, thanks! Names are fun to play around with. 🙂

Grace
          @literatureforthelight

@andrew They look great! The only thing that gave me pause was the last name “Octabbrell” — I feel like it leans a little more towards what Tolkien would come up for hobbits and implies a sort of jolly, oddball personality. But then I don’t know what you’re going for with Chesna, so if that fits her I don’t think there should be a problem 🙂

INFJ // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

@literatureforthelight, okay, Chesna Octabbrell if you’re wondering, is an albino girl around eighteen, she’s sort of shy, sings when nobody’s around, and consumes the walls in paintings. Now that I’ve told you a little about the character, what do you think about the name now? Should I still change it or not. 🙂 I just made the name ‘Octabbrell’ up because I thought it sounded cool.

Warden
            @nuetrobolt

@andrew, cool names! I’m no good at making up names, especially last names. I still need good last names, something like Igiby, Baudelaire, or Pevensie. I love those last names. Too bad Andrew Peterson, Lemony Snicket, and C.S. Lewis already used them.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

@nuetrobolt, thanks. 🙂

Sometimes if you can’t come up with a name, keep sounding out all those weird yet interesting made-up words in your head until you come across one that is cool and you think fits your character. Some of those last names I made up…

But anyway, if you want some name ideas, I can give some to you. (I hope that doesn’t sound like boasting or anything).

Branshaw McLeon, Jackson Einmoor, Dusttrell Roberts, Alberto Rains, Mal Tigerstone, and Grimweed Loopercock.

Okay, some of those may sound a little weird, but I’m just throwing them out there. Not like I’m going to use them. (I’m not trying to show off or anything related to that, if that thought ever entered  your mind).

But anyway, have a nice time!

Grace
              @literatureforthelight

@andrew Ooh, cool. I think the name fits her 😀

INFJ // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

Andrew Schmidt
              @andrew

@literatureforthelight 🙂

Warden
                @nuetrobolt

@andrew, I already have first names, it just is tricky to make a last name that fits the first name and still sounds cool. Of course, the story I need names for takes place in earth, but I still like cool names.

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Andrew Schmidt
                @andrew

@nuetrobolt, okay. 🙂

I noticed you changed your profile pic. What type of parrot is that there?

I may (just maybe) change my profile pic sometime. But if I did, I’d probably have it be a picture of myself… so you know how I look. But if you’re wondering how I look (which you may totally be not) I’m somewhat short, actually, with red hair and glasses. I just changed them not that long ago, thicker and black, with a red streak running through them.  My face may be somewhat angular, yet not very much at the same time. I don’t know if that made sense or not, but I’d thought I just throw that out their. *chuckles*

(And if you didn’t know, my total name is Andrew Justice Schmidt.) Just said that because we were talking about names. *laughs insides my head*

Warden
                  @nuetrobolt

@andrew, I actually don’t know what type of parrot that is. It isn’t ours. Sorry. That picture (and my previous picture) are almost two years old. I don’t have any recent pictures on my account (for some reason), so I just used my older pictures.

What is the creature you have as your current profile picture?

My name is Joseph. Joseph Brink. And if you were wondering about my username, Nuetrobolt (I spelled it wrong when I signed up; e should probably come before u, but considering I made up the name, its hopefully ok) is a super hero I made up. (Dumb, eh?) I have since then regretted that name, having thought of others, but you cannot change your username, so sorry. You will have to abide with my strange username. Sorry.

Btw, I’m Canadian, in case you didn’t notice, eh.

Andrew Schmidt
                  @andrew

@nuetrobolt, the creature on my profile picture is a porg from Star Wars. (Well, if I ever change it, some people might look at my profile picture and narrow their eyes in confusion). But whatever! *laughs*

And from Canada, you said? Cool! I’m just from this country, USA, of course! *laughs again*

Warden
                    @nuetrobolt

@andrew, not cool, hot (despite many beliefs about Canada)! I am boiling right now! We live very close to the USA, and have been there many times.

I’ve never watched Star Wars, so I guess that’s why I didn’t recognize it.

Samuel
                    @samuel

@andrew I used to come up with the weirdest freakin names…Granted I was like 12, but they were cringey…I won’t even bother naming them they were so bad

‘Octabbrell’ kinda reminds me of the Pokemon Octillery…But that’s just me. It sounds like some sort of underwater character with cheeks that puff out to hold water. They also have fins…Probably the “octa” part, but the double B and L make it more extreme.

Also, I think Peirce is spelled ‘Pierce’, unless you did that on purpose…

I really like Velraider and Chesna in particular.

No one reads these anyway

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest