-
Faith Blum replied to the topic New Members! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
We have three more new members!! Welcome to Aislinn Mollisong, Liana J. Douglas, Kaleigh Flowers!
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @st…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Writing Life: Topic 7 in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazygirl @myclipboardismyviolin
-
Faith Blum started the topic Word War April 2019!! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
It’s a war of the words! This is an event when we compete with the other guilds to see who can write the most words. So ready your manuscripts, get your fingers ready to fly, and get some writing done!
This word war runs from April 22-April 28 and I will be gathering word count totals the 28th and 29th.
Note: In order to count, all the words…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Weekly Goals – April in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 5 months ago
The week ended! How did your goals go? What are your goals for this week?
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjo…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Writing Life: Topic 6 in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
This week’s topic is about what to read and how and was written by Brandon. Enjoy and feel free to discuss!
How and What to Read as Writers:
Okay so, we’re all writers, right? We weave words and spin tales and generally have a good go at reality. For most of us though, our love for stories started on the other side of the experience — as r…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Weekly Goals – April in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 5 months ago
How did your goals go last week? What are they for this week?
I personally got only part of my goals done because I got a really bad cold that made it impossible to do my writing and editing. This week, I need to work on my blog tour, write at least 8,000 words, and do some editing.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Book Club! in the forum Story Analysis 7 years, 5 months ago
Anybody else have ideas for this?
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazygirl @myclipboardismyviolin
-
Faith Blum started the topic Weekly Goals – April in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 5 months ago
How did your goals go last week? What are they for this week?
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazy…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Writing Life: Topic 5 in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Today’s lesson is from Jess Penrose and has some great tips!
Balance of Writing Life and Health
Disclaimer: I am not a professional in any of the subjects discussed in this lesson, and am simply stating what I’ve found from research and experience.
“Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? If anyone des…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Writing Life: Topic 4 in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
Today’s topic is, What to Do When You’re Not Writing: Cultivating the eye of an artist by Martin Detwiler. Enjoy!
When we sit down at our desks and take up our pens, ready to mark down the next few hundred words, what is the mindset that has filled up all the space on either side of our writing? That is, do we consider ourselves writers, a…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Weekly Goals – March in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 6 months ago
I finished my goal! How did you all do?
My goals this week are to write 6,000 words, work on blog tour, and edit 6 chapters of novella.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Writing Prompt War: March 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
The winners have been announced! We didn’t win. Maybe next time. 🙂 You can read all the stories and judge comments on this Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tY5WtcRPs_Nm5SrlwM_OrBSzFGUDJmgiMuf52UiojtA/edit?usp=sharing
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Weekly Goals – March in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 6 months ago
How did everybody do in their goals last week? What are your goals for this week?
I finished my goal last week! And this week my goal is to get writing done. I’m going on a trip to PA and back, so basically and writing would be nice to get. 🙂
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Writing Life: Topic 3 in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
This weeks post is written by yours truly and is about how to write when you have a busy life.
24 hours. 1,440 minutes. 86,400 seconds. That’s how much time we have each day. And yet, it seems like we never have enough hours, minutes, or seconds to get everything done. What do you do when you can’t seem to squeeze in even a small amount of wri…[Read more]
-
Martina replied to the topic Writing Prompt War: March 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
@christianna-hellwig Thanks for your feedback! Yeah, it was kind of rushed, and I might eventually rewrite it and add the other scenes that I wanted to but couldn’t for lack of time.
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Writing Prompt War: March 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazygirl
Hey, everybody! Let’s get this edited ASAP! I need to…[Read more]
-
Martina replied to the topic Writing Prompt War: March 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
@christianna-hellwig Thank you! And thank you to everyone who has read through it.
@faith_blum I *finally* wrote and posted an ending that I do like, although it’s not quite as long as I had originally thought (I was planning to add one/two short bonding scenes between Loretta-Jane and Faith, but it’s fine without them and I don’t have time to…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Writing Prompt War: March 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Are we going to submit something for the guild war? We have until tomorrow night to do so.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Writing Prompt War: March 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Okay, we need to get this finished soon. The final story is due on Sunday!
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyj…[Read more]
-
April J. Rhys started the topic Greetings! *bows* in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 6 months ago
Greetings, ya’ll on Story Embers!
My name is April, and I’m Christianna’s friend @christianna-hellwig! She referred me to you all months ago and it’s taken me nearly half a year to finally get on. But I am very, very glad to be here.
When I was in high school, I took the One Year Adventure Novel curriculum–forum, workshops and all. I’ve been…[Read more]
- Load More












