-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Weekly Goals #11 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 2 months ago
@fawxofthecomics @toklaham-veruzia @overcomer @martina @epicaddie2 @supermonkey42 @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @naomijackson @dekreel @melissa-g @kiraelizabeth @aislinn-mollisong @dragongeek @haviloki @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @law0413 @claire @christianna-hellwig @zanzibee @libby @natalie-marie
Did you guys reach your goals last week? Do you have…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Topic #13: Culture in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
Afternoon!
Different cultures have different standards for emotional expression. For instance, some societies may prize nobility and honor and encourage taming emotions that may undermine those ideals. One might encourage emotional reactions to misfortunes, while another might suppress even justified sorrow or anger because they expect their…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Guild Survey in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey Avensers!
We’ve created a quick survey we’d love for you to take a few moments to fill out. We want to know how we can improve guilds and really value your feedback. Here’s the link: https://goo.gl/forms/WwDPMP2ITpV8obvf1
Thanks guys!
@fawxofthecomics @toklaham-veruzia @overcomer @martina @epicaddie2 @supermonkey42 @gabrielle @snapper @jenwr…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Weekly Goals #10 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 2 months ago
The time has come for more goals! 😀 What do you guys plan on achieving this week? Did you reach your goals for last week?
As for me, I’d like to work on both my WIPs an hour each every day this week (excluding Sunday).
@fawxofthecomics @toklaham-veruzia @overcomer @martina @epicaddie2 @supermonkey42 @gabrielle @snapper @jenwriter17 @naomijackson…[Read more]
-
Jenwriter17 replied to the topic Guild War #4 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@christianna-hellwig I just got to read your story. Nice job! Thanks for writing it to win our fourth guild war for Avensbeck. 😉 *hands you award and chocolate*
-
Gabrielle Pollack replied to the topic Welcome Thread for New Avensers! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys! We have a new Avenser. 🙂 Please welcome @fawxofthecomics !
@toklaham-veruzia @overcomer @martina @epicaddie2 @supermonkey42 @gabrielle @snapper @jenwriter17 @naomijackson @dekreel @bonnie @melissa-g @kiraelizabeth @aislinn-mollisong @dragongeek @haviloki @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @law0413 @claire @christianna-hellwig @zanzibee @libby
-
Gabrielle Pollack replied to the topic They did it again in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
You guys just keep blowing me away. 😀 Congrats <span style=”background-color: #f6d5d9;”>on </span>your win, Avensers!
@toklaham-veruzia @overcomer @martina @epicaddie2 @supermonkey42 @gabrielle @snapper @jenwriter17 @naomijackson @dekreel @bonnie @melissa-g @kiraelizabeth @aislinn-mollisong @dragongeek @haviloki @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @law041…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Topic #12: Prose in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
Just to get you thinking about emotion this week…
How does prose affect what readers are able to feel when they read? How does cadence and rhythm impact mood? How do you use prose to sharpen your story’s emotional impact?
Feel free to post any epic thoughts that occur to you. 🙂
@toklaham-veruzia @overcomer @martina @epicaddie2 @supermonkey42…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Weekly Goals #9 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 2 months ago
How’s writing going, friends? Do you have any writing-related goals you would like to accomplish this week?
@toklaham-veruzia @overcomer @martina @epicaddie2 @supermonkey42 @gabrielle @snapper @jenwriter17 @naomijackson @dekreel @bonnie @melissa-g @kiraelizabeth @aislinn-mollisong @dragongeek @haviloki @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @law0413 @claire…[Read more]
-
Jenwriter17 replied to the topic Guild War #4 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@gabriellepollack @christianna-hellwig @everyone For some reason I can’t get to the google doc (it’s a problem on my end); just so you know, cuz I told Christianna that I would look at her story and I just wanted to explain why I couldn’t. I’ll try to fix the problem for the next guild war!
(does Daeus post the winning story when the winner’s announced?)
-
Gabrielle Pollack replied to the topic Guild War #4 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey, my epic Avensers!
Sorry for my absence. I thought I would have time to check on you guys, but the conference I was at was insane (and I may or may not have forgotten my password at home. 😛 )
Anyway, I’m just here to remind you that the final guild submission is due tomorrow, so if you could edit it by then, I’ll take it to the judge around…[Read more]
-
Jenwriter17 replied to the topic Guild War #4 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@jane-maree oh I didn’t see this until really late, cuz I’m at the same conference as Gabrielle 😀 thanks for filling in for her, Jane!
@christianna-hellwig I’ll get to reading your story as soon as I can. I’m at a writing conference (see above 😉 ), so I’m a little short on time. I’ll try to read it Sunday or Monday….does anyone remember the…[Read more]
-
Ben P replied to the topic Guild War #4 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@christianna-hellwig I really like your story. I have one suggestion: It seems to me that the boy understands a lot for a five year old. Just a touch more confusion on his part would make him feel more naive and vulnerable, I think. I left a comment on the Google Doc.
-
Ben P replied to the topic Guild War #4 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@christianna-hellwig *inward sigh* Yes, I know I haven’t been very active in the guild lately. It’s not that I don’t want to… it’s just that this has been the craziest summer if my life, and I haven’t had time for any writing at all, let alone Guid Wars.
When August comes around and things settle down, I should be able to help out in the Guild…[Read more]
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Guild War #4 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@christianna-hellwig You’re very welcome. Oh, okay. I’ve been a part of this but I haven’t been able to participate in a guild war as of yet. I went ahead and made a few comments on your scene. 🙂 You made tears come to my eyes in 900 words, and the voice sounded very realistically like a child’s.
Oh, I see. I think @toklaham-veruzia was working…[Read more]
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Guild War #4 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@christianna-hellwig So sorry! I’m here, though I’m not exactly sure how this works. I read through your story and loved it! Should I make comments on the document?
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Guild War #4 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@toklaham-veruzia @overcomer @martina @epicaddie2 @supermonkey42 @gabrielle @snapper @jenwriter17 @naomijackson @dekreel @bonnie @melissa-g @kiraelizabeth @aislinn-mollisong @dragongeek @haviloki @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @law0413 @claire @christianna-hellwig @zanzibee @libby @natalie-marie
Summoning all Avengers (or whatever you call yourselves…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Topic #11: Shock in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
So…
I was a bad guild master and forgot about last week’s theme discussion. Whoops. 😛
Anyhow, this week I’d like to discuss why we shouldshouldn’t evoke shock in readers. It’s an emotion, so it sorta counts. 😉
Now, I am not referring to the sort of shock readers feel after an amazing plot twist. I’m talking about the horror or disbelief…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Weekly Goals #8 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey Avensers! 😀
How’s writing going? Did you meet your goals last week? What are your goals for this week?
@toklaham-veruzia @overcomer @martina @epicaddie2 @supermonkey42 @gabrielle @snapper @jenwriter17 @naomijackson @dekreel @bonnie @melissa-g @kiraelizabeth @aislinn-mollisong @dragongeek @haviloki @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @law0413 @claire…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack replied to the topic Guild War #4 in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
@toklaham-veruzia @overcomer @martina @epicaddie2 @supermonkey42 @gabrielle @snapper @jenwriter17 @naomijackson @dekreel @bonnie @melissa-g @kiraelizabeth @aislinn-mollisong @dragongeek @haviloki @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @law0413 @claire @christianna-hellwig @zanzibee @libby @natalie-marie
Ok friends! Please submit any pieces you wrote up…[Read more]
- Load More












