-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Jacoby from the Secret Plan collage in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
Hi Kat!
It’s been awhile. I been kinda busy. 🙂
How have you been?
This collage is really really neat btw 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic Hi 🙂 in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
-
Katthewriter started the topic Jacoby from the Secret Plan collage in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 6 months ago

-
Sam M replied to the topic Guess I’ll break the ice … in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
@christlover Your story sounds really cool! I would love to read a book like that. 🙂
-
Dashuri Halad replied to the topic Guess I’ll break the ice … in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
Mine is something like “Groundhog Day/ Happy Death Day.
Basically there is a super hero who’s power makes it so that when he dies he will restart the day. The super hero, however, is not allowed to change anything that they do. They simply have to hope that the people around them will notice irregularities and realize what happened, thus changing…[Read more]
-
Elisha Starquill replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
@anne_the_noob14 – Yes, the BBC show with Benedict is set in modern London. I was a bit skeptical at first, but they did an excellent job converting the Victorian era in the books to the present day (Watson and Holmes call each other by their first names, Watson blogs about Holmes’ cases instead of posting them on a newspaper, things like that.)
-
Dashuri Halad replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
I personally love the Sherlock Holmes books. I have not seen any of the Sherlock Holmes movies or tv shows though.
I also really enjoy the “Father Brown” mysteries by G.K. Chesterton. I would definitely recommend them.
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Guess I’ll break the ice … in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
Oh gosh. I have read very few mysteries XD Like, literally the only mysteries I’ve read are Sherlock Holmes lol. Oh. Actually I take that back. Is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde a mystery? Cause I’ve read that. And if any of Edgar Allen Poe’s works are mysteries, I’ve read them.
I shall do my best, though! Let’s see. Oh gee. I’m gonna have…[Read more]
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
I love the books! And the movies with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. The ones with Arthur Wontner and Ian Fleming are ok too, but I like Basil best. And I’m not a fan of Reginald Owen as Sherlock. At all. I’m sorry, Owen… XD
Woah. RDJ plays Sherlock?? *is not sure about this* Not that I think he’d be bad as Sherlock… but I’m…[Read more]
-
Livi Ryddle joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
-
Cassidy joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 6 months ago
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic “Which You Have Ordained” Critique in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 6 months ago
Thank you again to everyone who helped, especially @deeprun and @caseybold. I finished my final edit tonight, and submitted the manuscript. Fingers crossed =P
-
PenSword replied to the topic Hi 🙂 in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Those all sound really neat.
I’m trying to figure out how to describe it. XD It’s basically a sort of “life is worth living/anti suicide” message with a road trip aesthetic. If that makes any sense.
-
Story_Guardian joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 7 months ago
-
Story_Guardian joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
-
Dakota replied to the topic The Secret Plan (Chap 1) in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@katthewriter Yeah, I like these too! 🙂
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic Hi 🙂 in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
They sound cool not sure if they actually are xD but thanks
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Hi 🙂 in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
-
Sam M replied to the topic Guess I’ll break the ice … in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
My story is like Gotham (and many, many other Batman stories) meets The Naturals -but cleaner and not as creepy as those…although, it’s actually still kind of creepy and I’m working on trying to adjust that…
Does anyone else struggle to form villains that are realistic and wicked, but not so dark that you’ll give your readers nightmares? Any tips?
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic Hi 🙂 in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Joe books,are spies, and how that has effected thier family, and dealing with loss, and that you can’t do everything on your own.
Unknown is kinda about forgivness/letting go/pro life
Finding You. .. is complicated. 3 MC’s who are all dealing with different forms of hurt, its an old time/slight sci-fi one.
Scars is about a…[Read more]
- Load More












